The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

Post by PeacefulOreo »

And posted another update about today's practice
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Update is posted on the blog/website!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

I went and got fitted for new skates!

(My older ones are at the top and my new ones are at the bottom in the photo) Jackson Elles at a size 6 and ankle support of 35 compared to my old ones of Jackson Excel at a size 7 (which was too long as I had figured it was because my heel kept on slipping) and ankle support of 5 and the new ones were heat molded (the new skates also have shorter blades which I was told that will make it even easier to do crossovers because my blades aren't as likely to touch). Can't wait to try out my new ones on Monday!
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So I've passed from Pre-Free skate to Free Skate 1 and the other news is that there's going to be a spring ice show that I'll be able to skate in that will be on May 1st, 2021! :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

(This is a real photo of my skate and part of my leg)

As you see in the photo above, those are my new leggings that are designed specifically for figure skating. There are clear rhinestones on the other side of the leggings, on the outside that you can't see in the photo. The leggings are very comfortable!

So for pretty much all of the month of May, I was dealing with patellar tendonitis which is basically pain in the knee because a tendon is inflamed. So the last few weeks of track I had to sit out due to the tendonitis. Last week around Tuesday or Wednesday was when the pain finally was gone and I was able to walk and run around normally. So probably for a week or two I'll not to do any jumps and work more on my spirals, turns, spins, and other things and wear a knee brace.

The ice arena recently opened back up from closing for a month for maintenance and I began the Jr. Club lessons again just two days ago and then I did a public skating session today at noon. It took me a while to finally get back my basic skills and get comfortable out on the ice. Today I had the ice to myself for the first half hour so I took the advantage to do a really thorough warm up on the ice and worked on some of my other skills (crossovers, edges, etc.). It was very tempting to try a waltz jump at the very least. I did do some side toe hops and another one or two attempts at the bunny hop. I did several shoot the ducks to strengthen my leg with the knee issue.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Although, pants are always just pants, they aren't! :lol: :twisted:
They look great. Fitting nice is important to skating.
And that bright white popping out, sna-zzy. :P
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:Although, pants are always just pants, they aren't! :lol: :twisted:
They look great. Fitting nice is important to skating.
And that bright white popping out, sna-zzy. :P
Yup! :D

Lol, I've been wearing the pants even after I'm done with skating for the day! They're that comfortable, even if it is summer.

It's hard to believe how professional looking putting your pants over your skates make you look :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Indeed!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So I managed to finally get my mohawk (not a hairstyle, a type of turn in figure skating) going the one direction! The video below shows how to do them if you would like to see what the mohawk turn looks like.

PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

I'm slowly working on getting my scratch spin. Today in Jr. Club, we did some backspins (aka backward scratch spins). I'm getting it better than my forward scratch spin.

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:12 pm