The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: All the ice skating updates

Post by Sawd10 »

That's great to hear!

I'm sure that would inspire other students there. :P
A wise man once said nothing at all.
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Sawd10 wrote:That's great to hear!

I'm sure that would inspire other students there. :P
Yup!

That would be cool!! :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So I'm hoping, if I can get permission from my track coach and from my parents, to join the figure skating club's Monday evening practices in the spring once winter sweethearts season is over. So I'll be doing both figure skating and track in the spring if I get a thumbs up from everyone.

Those of you who don't know, one of the ladies who helps run the figure skating club at the ice arena had talked to my dad about a week ago and she wants to get me signed up for the figure skating club's practices.
tomahawk sky
Visit My Farm

Post by tomahawk sky »

PeacefulOreo wrote:So I'm hoping, if I can get permission from my track coach and from my parents, to join the figure skating club's Monday evening practices in the spring once winter sweethearts season is over. So I'll be doing both figure skating and track in the spring if I get a thumbs up from everyone.

Those of you who don't know, one of the ladies who helps run the figure skating club at the ice arena had talked to my dad about a week ago and she wants to get me signed up for the figure skating club's practices.
I hope it works out. If it does have fun :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Ooo!!!
Go for it! :twisted:

Fingers Crossed!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

wallowa lake ranch wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:So I'm hoping, if I can get permission from my track coach and from my parents, to join the figure skating club's Monday evening practices in the spring once winter sweethearts season is over. So I'll be doing both figure skating and track in the spring if I get a thumbs up from everyone.

I hope it works out. If it does have fun :D
Me too and okay! :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:Ooo!!!
Go for it! :twisted:

Fingers Crossed!
Yup! I'm hoping it'll for sure happen! :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So I attempted the traditional spiral at the public skating today. I did pretty well for a beginner however my raised leg didn't get anywhere near as high as the one figure skater in the video below (Mostly because I still need to continue to work on my flexibility)

PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So today is a snow day which also includes no sweethearts practice. This evening I get to go do a "trial run" of the figure skating practice, which is free just for tonight!! I'll post about the trial run once I get home from it :D :D
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm

Re: PeacefulOreo's Figure Skating Journey

Post by PeacefulOreo »

So I tried out the Junior Club this evening to see how it was and what they exactly did. Worked on edges, spirals, three turns, spins, attempted some lunges (will need to work on lunges a bunch), and started learning the waltz jump! Learning the waltz jump was both exciting and even a little scary since I was taking off on only one foot and landing on only one foot. My waltz jump was pretty good for my first attempts at it!

I had my LTS (Learn To Skate) instructor as my coach for tonight and so she said that I'm definitely ready to switch from the LTS program to the Junior Club.

Super happy and excited about how things went tonight! :D :D

EDIT: Unlike the LTS lessons where we have to stay in one section of the ice arena, I got to go around the entire rink and the only limit is just to make sure I don't run into anyone and/or get in anyone's way. Plus there were less people to avoid at the Junior Club compared to the LTS lessons. My coach/instructor was right when she said that she think I'll like the Junior Club better than the LTS lessons.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:57 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:57 am