The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

I need to brag about this mare...

shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

I need to brag about this mare...

Post by shadowheart2006 »

Okay, so I just had this mare trained and I looked at her when the trainer said she was done and actually said "WOW"
because I was not expecting her to turn out like this AT ALL. I could obviously see the blanket when she was a foal, and I could've guessed that she'd get snowflakes because of her parents. But I was NOT expecting her to have dapples?! And that fluffy mane is just the cherry on top!

The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
Soaring Hooves
Visit My Farm

Re: I need to brag about this mare...

Post by Soaring Hooves »

SO PRETTY
shadowheart2006 wrote:Okay, so I just had this mare trained and I looked at her when the trainer said she was done and actually said "WOW"
because I was not expecting her to turn out like this AT ALL. I could obviously see the blanket when she was a foal, and I could've guessed that she'd get snowflakes because of her parents. But I was NOT expecting her to have dapples?! And that fluffy mane is just the cherry on top!

"I can't make it go away by making you a villain"
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Hah!
:lol:
Hahahaha!!

It is fun when they surprise us. :P She does look quite nice. :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:Hah!
Hahahaha!!

Yes, I am hoping that some of the other foals I got from that line (yours I believe) will do the same. Any idea how the dapples and plume(?) got there?

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

shadowheart2006 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Hah!
Hahahaha!!

Yes, I am hoping that some of the other foals I got from that line (yours I believe) will do the same. Any idea how the dapples and plume(?) got there?
Dapples is linked to the silver gene. In fact, that stallion I bred to of yours, he had silver and passed it to one of the two offspring I got. I wanted to breed it out (at the time, just would've made it more difficult to keep track of the colors), but I didn't need to, the foals I kept are all silver-less. :lol:

I don't know about the plume. I don't have it in my line (that I've seen prominent evidence of)... and I don't know about seeing it on such a light color coat. Gaagii might be the only one to define that still.

Anyway, as for the mare, she got her silver down from this horse and remained hidden (mostly) behind the red horses.
{KH} Twister

Well, most likely down from him. Especially since both sides go back to him.

She's a double cream on black with silver and tiger eye... so Silver Dapple Smoky Cream with tiger eye... or something along those lines. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
shadowheart2006 wrote:
Dapples is linked to the silver gene. In fact, that stallion I bred to of yours, he had silver and passed it to one of the two offspring I got. I wanted to breed it out (at the time, just would've made it more difficult to keep track of the colors), but I didn't need to, the foals I kept are all silver-less. :lol:

I don't know about the plume. I don't have it in my line (that I've seen prominent evidence of)... and I don't know about seeing it on such a light color coat. Gaagii might be the only one to define that still.

Anyway, as for the mare, she got her silver down from this horse and remained hidden (mostly) behind the red horses.
{KH} Twister

Well, most likely down from him. Especially since both sides go back to him.

She's a double cream on black with silver and tiger eye... so Silver Dapple Smoky Cream with tiger eye... or something along those lines. :mrgreen:
Thank you!

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:53 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:53 am