The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tell me your horse stories!

horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Re: Tell me your horse stories!

Post by horsegirl008 »

9272bunbun wrote:
Tom wrote:Hello everyone, I need your horse stories!
Please tell me about your real-life interactions with horses.

Did your horse do something funny? Sad? Unexpected?
Was there a problem with your horse? How did you solve it?
Did you work through a training issue? Riding issue? Tack issue? Tell me about it!

I need everything from small simple things to big ordeals that took years to solve.

Please include details like what kind of horse, what discipline, etc.

Thank you!
I know you said to tell a story but my story is just starting, I can ride really well, but I have never had a horse of my own. I am only a teen so I can't just go and buy a horse for myself. my instructor just bought a 17.1hh bay thoroughbred gelding named paddy and I have fallen in love! He is so so sweet and he loves hugs, my only problem is that she is training him and then selling him for $10,000 to $15,000 and that I devastating because I love him and my family can not afford a horse right now. But whatever my journey with horses looks like, I am sure it will be great!
That's so cool! I'm teen also, meaning I also can't go out and flat-out buy a horse even though I have a job at my barn :lol: I can't WAIT to get my own full-size horse someday (the reason I say full-size horse is bc I have 2 mini horses)!!!
hores230
Visit My Farm

Post by hores230 »

Hi
page_foreyt847
Visit My Farm

Post by page_foreyt847 »

My mom is a andalusian/fresian breeder, and she owns about twenty-three or twenty-four horses, including our newest edition, Indie-who can be triple registered. Though, recently, our andalusian stallion, Pegaso, died. We own a huge campground, too! I love to share about these kind of things, so I'll stop now. :D
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

This year I'm working as a farmhand in exchange for board and exercising the horses in exchange for the use of Bryce (paint/TB) on the Eventing team at my school!
He had no prior jumping experience despite being 15 so it's been a good test of my skill to "start" a horse now that I actually have the confidence and experience to jump. We're currently working on 2' and small combinations. My goal for the year is to take him to this unrated one-day show literally five minutes away from the barn in June (planning on doing Starter, which is 2'-2'3 max). He's an absolute sweetheart and it's good to have a horse to work with, now that my sister is the main person working with Zippy.
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

deleted
Last edited by Diamond Filly on Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
horsegirl008_freezer
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008_freezer »

Hannah771 wrote:This is in REAL LIFE, not in Horse World Online:
I am a new horse rider. The first time that I wasn't led on a horse was in June 2022. Anyway, as I rode her more and more (we board her at our place, her name is Flair) she began to test me. If I trotted her she would try to move off the trail. If I loped her she would begin to gallop. One time when she had moved from canter to gallop without my command and I was pulling on her to stop, she turned sharp and I was almost flung out of the saddle! Anyway, I got tired of riding that disobediant horse. My mother was a trainer when she was in her teens, an AMAZING horse trainer, and she had told many stories. I knew that Flair needed to do lots of stopping and backing.

Finally, I bought my own horse in October. She is a 1 1/2 year old 1/4 Arabian and 3/4 Quarter Horse, a filly with a Diamond blaze down her forehead. Her name was Diamond when I bought her. She is in training right now, by myself and my mom. I am to get on her for the first time in July 2023. Wish me good luck! :)
That is SO cool!!! Good luck :)
I wish I could have my own horse to ride, but I do have 2 minis, one that I show <3
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

horsegirl008_freezer wrote:
Hannah771 wrote:This is in REAL LIFE, not in Horse World Online:
I am a new horse rider. The first time that I wasn't led on a horse was in June 2022. Anyway, as I rode her more and more (we board her at our place, her name is Flair) she began to test me. If I trotted her she would try to move off the trail. If I loped her she would begin to gallop. One time when she had moved from canter to gallop without my command and I was pulling on her to stop, she turned sharp and I was almost flung out of the saddle! Anyway, I got tired of riding that disobediant horse. My mother was a trainer when she was in her teens, an AMAZING horse trainer, and she had told many stories. I knew that Flair needed to do lots of stopping and backing.

Finally, I bought my own horse in October. She is a 1 1/2 year old 1/4 Arabian and 3/4 Quarter Horse, a filly with a Diamond blaze down her forehead. Her name was Diamond when I bought her. She is in training right now, by myself and my mom. I am to get on her for the first time in July 2023. Wish me good luck! :)
That is SO cool!!! Good luck :)
I wish I could have my own horse to ride, but I do have 2 minis, one that I show <3
Nice!
horsegirl008_freezer
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008_freezer »

Hannah771 wrote:
horsegirl008_freezer wrote: That is SO cool!!! Good luck :)
Nice!
:) Forgot to mention that I have been riding dressage at my local barn for a few years now, so that counts for something :lol:
Diamond Filly
Visit My Farm

Post by Diamond Filly »

horsegirl008_freezer wrote:
Hannah771 wrote: Nice!
:) Forgot to mention that I have been riding dressage at my local barn for a few years now, so that counts for something :lol:
:D :)
Queen of animals
Visit My Farm

Post by Queen of animals »

Tom wrote:Hello everyone, I need your horse stories!
Please tell me about your real life interactions with horses.

Did your horse do something funny? Sad? Unexpected?
Was there a problem with your horse? How did you solve it?
Did you work through a training issue? Riding issue? Tack issue? Tell me about it!

I need everything from small simple things to big ordeals that took years to solve.

Please include details like what kind of horse, what discipline, etc.

Thank you!

Ok, I will try and make it short!

One day me and my horse (named Hermso) were in the wash section of the barn because there was a show coming up!
He looked like a gray pinto :lol: (He was a white horse) so I went to go get the soap it wasn't there the shampoo and conditioner wasn't there either, so I put him back in the paddock and when to get soap, shampoo and conditioner I had to go to 9 different horse stores to find any! when I came back he was covered in mud, it had rained and his beautiful WHITE mane and tail were also gray/black! It took me 9 and A HALF hours to wash his body mane, tail and polish his hooves! But it was worth it he was the beautiful white horse, I have had since he was a colt with his flowy mane and tail! I woke up at 4:30 am to go get him and get to the show but when I got to his stable the stable door was GONE and I don't mean just on the floor I mean HALF WAY ACROSS THE PADDOCK how he managed to do THAT I don't know! It didn't take long to find him because of the tracks he left on the lovely NEWLY planted grass! When I got to him he looked like a gray pinto again :lol: I am laughing now but I wasn't then!

Breed: Akhal-Teke
Resolve: I went to the show with a pinto looking horse and the barn handers fixed the barn door for me!
QOA Horsey Friend forever
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:20 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:20 am