The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

My 17 year old RH

Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

My 17 year old RH

Post by Hidalgo »

I'M SORRY I HAVE TO BRAG BUT MY HORSE JUST BROKE A RECORD AT 17 YEARS OLD.
You know how occasionally you somehow pass over a horse you should have trained? Yeah, that's what I did. I had him in my stud barn for 15 years and all of a sudden I noticed that his stats could be RH level. I'm kicking myself for not training him, when I thought,"Why not? I can have him trained before 18 yrs so I don't have to worry about him dying on me before he's done" So I trained him, all the while wondering if I was completely wasting my time. But a 17 yr old horse that broke a record would be kind of hilarious, right? Anyway, here we are :lol:

Ⓗ Bonzo
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: My 17 year old RH

Post by Sawd10 »

Haha.

I have been in the same situation a few times before; the horses never broke any records (at least not that I think) but were above-average competitors regardless.

Congratulations on the new Record Holder, his Breeder's Report and confo catch my eye. He has a nice stat pool. He is good-looking for a 17 year old- I like the greying around his eyes and muzzle as it makes him look his age...!
A wise man once said nothing at all.
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Sawd10 wrote:Haha.

I have been in the same situation a few times before; the horses never broke any records (at least not that I think) but were above-average competitors regardless.

Congratulations on the new Record Holder, his Breeder's Report and confo catch my eye. He has a nice stat pool. He is good-looking for a 17 year old- I like the greying around his eyes and muzzle as it makes him look his age...!
Thanks :) After he broke the record I thought, hmm I wonder what sort of foals he's had. And... he has none for some reason. His BR and Confo suggest he could have had some decent foals, so I wonder if I did breed him but rehomed the foals or if he was just knocking about the barn being completely overlooked by me :oops:
FantasyRanch3
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

Hidalgo wrote:I'M SORRY I HAVE TO BRAG BUT MY HORSE JUST BROKE A RECORD AT 17 YEARS OLD.
You know how occasionally you somehow pass over a horse you should have trained? Yeah, that's what I did. I had him in my stud barn for 15 years and all of a sudden I noticed that his stats could be RH level. I'm kicking myself for not training him, when I thought,"Why not? I can have him trained before 18 yrs so I don't have to worry about him dying on me before he's done" So I trained him, all the while wondering if I was completely wasting my time. But a 17 yr old horse that broke a record would be kind of hilarious, right? Anyway, here we are :lol:

Ⓗ Bonzo
Annn it's fun to brag once in a while :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway that's a funny story and congrats on a new RH, I have yet to have one of my horses to break one yet!
Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

FantasyRanch3 wrote:
Annn it's fun to brag once in a while :lol: :lol: :lol: anyway that's a funny story and congrats on a new RH, I have yet to have one of my horses to break one yet!
Tenacious Equine
Visit My Farm

Post by Tenacious Equine »

So I guess the moral of the story is it's never too late to compete :lol: congrats!
Karabair breeder! High quality, no reds, face markings, LP, dun, champagne and cream.

Champion Quality Pseudo Marking KBs Coming Soon!

Hidalgo
Visit My Farm

Post by Hidalgo »

Tenacious Equine wrote:So I guess the moral of the story is it's never too late to compete :lol: congrats!
Exactly! :lol: I know it’s good to try and get them trained at a young age because they DO compete a bit better, but it seems some people have taken it to the extreme of thinking once a horse hits 3 yrs it’s no use competing them, and I kind of wanted to dispel that idea a bit :mrgreen:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:36 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:36 am