The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Newsletter Thoughts

Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Re: Newsletter Thoughts

Post by Emlyn »

rosie0922 wrote:I was just wondering if people read the newsletters? They are time consuming and I'm hoping they are meaningful. If you'd enjoy being interviewed, please ping me.
I absolutely enjoy reading them, then again I'm a journalist :lol: I read everything.
I love seeing who broke what, and the future prospects for RHs and stuff.
I do have to admit I just skim it to see if a horse I own/a horse I have previously owned is in the article.
A tip from someone in the news/ production industry: Everything is gradually shortening because everyone is growing to have shorter attention spans so platforms like TikTok are gaining popularity because you have a load of info being consumed in a short period of time ^-^

Edit: I agree with BlackOak2, running multiple newspapers is incredibly time-consuming and not ment just for one person. I am also a a former writer for it and understand the struggle for getting it put each month. I would be happy to help out with writing again for the paper ^-^
Another cool idea would be a community paper where it covers the community questions (like BlackOak2's community notices) such as game updates and such. I know admin do that on patron, though. ^-^
Last edited by Emlyn on Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
like to be a lady living in the country with lots of horses and dogs.”
― Queen Elizabeth II

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

They are time consuming (from personal experience, quite time consuming).

If you feel they're too much, find a replacement or shut them down. Don't feel obligated to continue. They do serve a purpose, but they were never meant to be handled by a single person permanently.

You have covered your 'obligatory' time. :) Thank you for having covered them for as long as you have. :mrgreen:

-From another that has covered them for an 'obligatory' time. 8-)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 »

BlackOak2 wrote:They are time consuming (from personal experience, quite time consuming).

If you feel they're too much, find a replacement or shut them down. Don't feel obligated to continue. They do serve a purpose, but they were never meant to be handled by a single person permanently.

You have covered your 'obligatory' time. :) Thank you for having covered them for as long as you have. :mrgreen:

I actually don't mind writing them. I was just wondering if people still read them.
PoliteFroggy
Visit My Farm

Post by PoliteFroggy »

I read them :) I actually really enjoy them, it's so fun to see your horses be recognized and know what other horses are doing well!
rosie0922 wrote:
I actually don't mind writing them. I was just wondering if people still read them.
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

rosie0922 wrote:I was just wondering if people read the newsletters? They are time consuming and I'm hoping they are meaningful. If you'd enjoy being interviewed, please ping me.

If you need any help, I am happy to fill in :D
islandhill
Visit My Farm

Post by islandhill »

The newsletters are probably my favorite part of forum reading!

I love seeing all the horses breaking records/ winning races and, of course, I love to see if any of my horses achieved anything :)

I really appreciate your time writing them!

“The starting point of all achievement is desire.”
-Napoleon Hill
Horsechronicles12
Visit My Farm

Post by Horsechronicles12 »

rosie0922 wrote:I just wanted to open a forum for something different related to the newsletters...if you want to be interviewed, if you're excited that your horse was mentioned, if there should be prize money. Just thoughts on the newsletters to get people more excited and to allow more interaction.
All that sounds great! You can even announce upcoming events too.
Mega
Visit My Farm

Post by Mega »

i love them.
ShowCountry
Visit My Farm

Post by ShowCountry »

rosie0922 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:They are time consuming (from personal experience, quite time consuming).

I read them and enjoy them. Appreciate all your hard work.
Thank you
ImaCountryGirl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

ShowCountry wrote:
rosie0922 wrote:
I read them and enjoy them. Appreciate all your hard work.
Thank you
I agree :D many thanks for keeping us informed.
"Make Hay While The Sun Shines"
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 pm