The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Ping

Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Ping

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

heather axing wrote:hi everyone welcome to the rosewood rescue mission or the RRM. today i would like to adress a problem.
while we all respect the big breeders or top compation riders we do need to adress the fact that some horse are not as well cared for as others. when i say big breeders and top champions i dont rest the blame on you in fact you may not do it at all some times its starters and players who dont get on much. so today i would like to talk about rescuing horses from : neglect, people who want to rehome them, people who are quiting and deleting their acounts and people who only buy horse to rehome them three days later. im gonna start with people who quite the game and delet there acount i honselty think thats a waste they should at least stay long enough to sell all their horses and yes if it comes to it rehome what ever horse is left.now for neglect. when i say negelct i know most will say its a pixelated video game but that dosent stop us from being kind to the horses charter we make up in our heads. so when i say neglet im talking about the poeple who's horses sit in a stable losing wait beacuse their not getting fed. or the horses who are basicly pregent every year of their lives till they retire or as some of us think die. now for seliing only to be rehomed. dont you hate it when you sell your horse and then try and fine it a little while later only to find out it was rehomed. beacuse i will be honest it breaks my heart we love are pixel horses or at least some of us do. etheir way its not fair to you or the horse. you have spent so long trainging or breeding horses to get that result only to have it destroyed. it could even end an entire line of horses if you think about it. now last but not least age-out horses. and the people who rehome them. ok so once and a while you want a new horse right and some times you see a horse that you could aford but you dont have skills. well most of us just take a course but some people will just rehome the first horse they see not fair. its like putting down the first animal you see so you can get a knew one. not cool. thats why i feel that if want a new horse at least find a rescue for your horse before trying to put it down pls.

Now heres our mission.
the jobs at the rescue are

5 foster people

{ take rescued horses and keep them on your farm till they can be adopted }

1 manger

{ mange how much mony we spend on horses a month }

2 market browsers

{ browse the market for unwanted horses wether they are to old to young or have just been on there to long so horses on the last few pages or age-out horses }

1 vet

{ keep orphand foals, under wait pregnant mares or really old horses till they can go to theire new foster homes or get adopted }

6 memebers

{ post adds for horses we need to get adopted foster horse if are foster people fill up and keep horses the market browsers find till we can get them to our fosters or vet. }

2 media people
{ post forms about why its bad to rehome why you should adopt horses we need adopted convince people to give us their unwanted horses }

2 pregnant mare fosters

{ foster preganant mares and their babys till the get adopted together or the foal is weaned at 6 months }

Let me know in the coments if you would like to help us or sighn up for a job all these sopts are open.
Although I disagree about the "rehoming is wrong" statement, this would still be a great idea.

Just post it in Breeding Communities and see how many people are willing to be in it :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Re: Ping

Post by Emlyn »

Heh, I kinda would like to put In my input on this
heather axing wrote:im gonna start with people who quite the game and delete there acount i honselty think thats a waste they should at least stay long enough to sell all their horses and yes if it comes to it rehome what ever horse is left.
Some people quit the game and do not sell/rehome the horses because they are either private lines, meaning they do not want others to have them, or they have intentions of coming back to the game. It is also hard to sell all of your horses, considering not everyone is looking for that particular breed, color, etc.
heather axing wrote: so when i say neglet im talking about the poeple who's horses sit in a stable losing wait beacuse their not getting fed. or the horses who are basicly pregent every year of their lives till they retire or as some of us think die. 
The horses are coding and pixels, yes, and it is sort of hard to see them like that. The horse could sometimes have been forgotten about, I do that alot until I need it for breeding.
Broodmare, most people breed them multiple times over and over again, like I, because the horse is good and has a chance of having great offspring so you'll want to breed the horse more so you can get more offspring for breeding to improve your lines.
heather axing wrote: well most of us just take a course but some people will just rehome the first horse they see not fair. its like putting down the first animal you see so you can get a knew one. not cool.
When we do so we normally find a crummy horse, aka one that has low stats, not much color, is old, and/or we are done breeding it. Selling it off would be a longer process, considering not many people would be searching for it or it has crummy stats, so we result to culling (rehoming) or agining out.

Sorry if I was intruding on the topic at all, and I wish you luck with your operation! :D
Gabby_Woodlark
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: Ping

Post by Gabby_Woodlark »

Emlyn wrote:Heh, I kinda would like to put In my input on this
heather axing wrote:im gonna start with people who quite the game and delete there acount i honselty think thats a waste they should at least stay long enough to sell all their horses and yes if it comes to it rehome what ever horse is left.
Some people quit the game and do not sell/rehome the horses because they are either private lines, meaning they do not want others to have them, or they have intentions of coming back to the game. It is also hard to sell all of your horses, considering not everyone is looking for that particular breed, color, etc.
heather axing wrote: so when i say neglet im talking about the poeple who's horses sit in a stable losing wait beacuse their not getting fed. or the horses who are basicly pregent every year of their lives till they retire or as some of us think die. 
The horses are coding and pixels, yes, and it is sort of hard to see them like that. The horse could sometimes have been forgotten about, I do that alot until I need it for breeding.
Broodmare, most people breed them multiple times over and over again, like I, because the horse is good and has a chance of having great offspring so you'll want to breed the horse more so you can get more offspring for breeding to improve your lines.
heather axing wrote: well most of us just take a course but some people will just rehome the first horse they see not fair. its like putting down the first animal you see so you can get a knew one. not cool.
When we do so we normally find a crummy horse, aka one that has low stats, not much color, is old, and/or we are done breeding it. Selling it off would be a longer process, considering not many people would be searching for it or it has crummy stats, so we result to culling (rehoming) or agining out.

Sorry if I was intruding on the topic at all, and I wish you luck with your operation! :D
Lol, I was scrolling through 2021 posts :lol: and found this.

Seems like a good idea to buy horses without rehoming, but, still, this is a virtual game and without real souls.

You are not intruding at all. It's nice to have someone else's input :)

╚»★> Gabby_Woodlark <★«╝
Breeding, Training, Showing
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:33 am