The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Share your Frustrations <3

UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Share your Frustrations <3

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

Hi guys!! So recently I've been having some doubts about my connemara project and have been digging deep into some guides to see if I'm doing it right. I figure that this isn't uncommon to see in a slower paced game with many factors and different options for people to explore. So please, if you are feeling frustrated with whatever project you're working on, whether it be breeding, training, competing, or anything else, I give you a safe space to share it <3 Feel free to give each other advice (if original poster is okay with it!) and relate to how we're all feeling. It's alright to have doubt sometimes and I figured it would be nice to have a thread where we can all inspire our community to keep pushing through the sticky parts while also being able to vent.

As mentioned, if you are going to vent or scream into the void here, I ask that you start your post off with either:
Advice Positive (Meaning you would like to receive advice from others)
Advice Negative (Meaning you ask that others don't try to offer advice, only understanding)
Advice Neutral (Meaning you do not mind if others give you advice or don't)
Please remember that if others are not looking for advice (and that's okay, sometimes we just need to get something out!), try to just offer a comforting hand and tell them that they can do this <3
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Re: Share your Frustrations <3

Advice Neutral
I thought I'd start the thread off first by sharing my doubts and frustrations in my own project. I've taken it upon myself to make Connemaras jumpers in this game. The reason why this task is difficult is because I have to take about 5 conformation stats and raise them by 20. I have been working on this project for about a year and I'm only about halfway done :/ Sometimes I see a horse with a really favorable stat and then I look at the others and think "oh, those are terrible." I get worried that if I put one stat where I want it and then start to work on the others, that previous stat will waste away again :( I don't want to spend time on a project that won't be achievable but I feel like I'm too deep in to quit haha
GabbysPets
Visit My Farm

Post by GabbysPets »

Advice Negative
Racing confos. The ultimate struggle for me. Can't raise them UNLESS I have a 67-66 speed stud. Which I don't. I try and try again to breed 63s to 65s, 64s to 66s, and 65s to 67s... But it just doesn't work out. Once got a 48 out of a 66 and 67... Definitely a struggle.

Btw great idea to start this :)
~besthorsebreeder~
Visit My Farm

Post by ~besthorsebreeder~ »

Advice Neutral
Finding a good project. The thing for me is really finding a good project I like (I’m invested in the one I have now, but I don’t really care about it) and that won’t make me bored within the first week. Part of the reason I left is because I couldn’t find any project I really enjoyed like my first one (when I joined HWO I bred white Fresians and I loved them so much, I was doing it for over a year), and I’m not really sure how to find something I like that much :/

Also I love this idea :)
“Whatever you do, always give 100%. Unless you’re donating blood.” -Bill Murray

Official Stud Page: [closed, being renovated now]

~BHB~
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

Advice Neutral
I'm just really struggling to find motivation to keep working on HWO, to keep training, and to finish a project before the deadline in October. I'm thinking of taking a break, but it's hard when I'm addicted to the game and then start to lack motivation to do anything on it. Weirdest complaint ever. :lol:
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
Hilayla
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Hilayla »

Advice Positive

I have motivation and plenty of projects but I'm always short on space and time. I'm frustrated at having to retire decent horses or get an upgrade I literally only need to put horses up for sale. Since I do rare breeds I like to put them up for offers and while I'm fine doing that when my upgrade runs out I have to go through every horse for sale and remove the offers so I can put more up. I'm not complaining about the mechanic I'm just lazy like that. I have plenty of PT and I can afford the upgrades but as time is limited, they go to waste. Especially since I'm working on 5 breeds. Going through my horses and checking foals and whatnot means I rarely manage to even use up the 6 turns on a basic account let alone the extra turns for an upgrade. I do have a second account but that has its own projects going on. :lol:

I have thought about getting a third account to throw my retired horses on but it, too, would end up with it's own projects and get full and I would be spending my already limited time between three accounts instead of two. I also don't like the idea of a bunch of horses just taking up server space because I can't rehome them because of children. I'd love to know how people handle this. I guess my problem is I breed too much?
UnpredictableDragon wrote:Advice Neutral
I thought I'd start the thread off first by sharing my doubts and frustrations in my own project. I've taken it upon myself to make Connemaras jumpers in this game. The reason why this task is difficult is because I have to take about 5 conformation stats and raise them by 20. I have been working on this project for about a year and I'm only about halfway done :/ Sometimes I see a horse with a really favorable stat and then I look at the others and think "oh, those are terrible." I get worried that if I put one stat where I want it and then start to work on the others, that previous stat will waste away again :( I don't want to spend time on a project that won't be achievable but I feel like I'm too deep in to quit haha
I feel you on this. I'm thinking I'm going to to maybe make a list of smaller goals. Get one thing, say 5 points higher in all my breeding stock, then work on the next thing. When I get through the list of things I can raise standards back at the first one again and start over. Not sure if that's making sense or if it would work the way I intend, but I'll let you know. Gonna start with this on my Tibetans and see what happens for a few generations. To summarize, I'm gonna basically try to make everything into baby steps. Progress is progress, I guess. :)
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

GabbysPets wrote:Advice Negative
Racing confos. The ultimate struggle for me. Can't raise them UNLESS I have a 67-66 speed stud. Which I don't. I try and try again to breed 63s to 65s, 64s to 66s, and 65s to 67s... But it just doesn't work out. Once got a 48 out of a 66 and 67... Definitely a struggle.
I feel the same way for sure. The same thing happens with my connemaras, so I feel your frustration my friend. Hope we find a way out of this hole haha
~besthorsebreeder~ wrote:Advice Neutral
Finding a good project. The thing for me is really finding a good project I like (I’m invested in the one I have now, but I don’t really care about it) and that won’t make me bored within the first week. Part of the reason I left is because I couldn’t find any project I really enjoyed like my first one (when I joined HWO I bred white Fresians and I loved them so much, I was doing it for over a year), and I’m not really sure how to find something I like that much :/)
Completely understandable. I get the same way some times. I've started many a projects over my time on HWO and I've only truly "finished" one lol. Maybe try something you can connect to irl? Look up some horse breeds, or if you are around horses irl, use that as inspiration!
Alyssa Davis wrote:Advice Neutral
I'm just really struggling to find motivation to keep working on HWO, to keep training, and to finish a project before the deadline in October. I'm thinking of taking a break, but it's hard when I'm addicted to the game and then start to lack motivation to do anything on it. Weirdest complaint ever. :lol:
Totally not weird Lyssa. I tend to take breaks here and there because I get bored and lose motivation too. Burn out sucks, but hey, I would suggest finding a small project that you find interest in? Nothing too crazy of course, just something to bring the interest back!! If not, breaks are 100% okay too!
Hilayla wrote:Advice Positive

I have motivation and plenty of projects but I'm always short on space and time. I'm frustrated at having to retire decent horses or get an upgrade I literally only need to put horses up for sale. Since I do rare breeds I like to put them up for offers and while I'm fine doing that when my upgrade runs out I have to go through every horse for sale and remove the offers so I can put more up. I'm not complaining about the mechanic I'm just lazy like that. I have plenty of PT and I can afford the upgrades but as time is limited, they go to waste. Especially since I'm working on 5 breeds. Going through my horses and checking foals and whatnot means I rarely manage to even use up the 6 turns on a basic account let alone the extra turns for an upgrade. I do have a second account but that has its own projects going on. :lol:

I have thought about getting a third account to throw my retired horses on but it, too, would end up with it's own projects and get full and I would be spending my already limited time between three accounts instead of two. I also don't like the idea of a bunch of horses just taking up server space because I can't rehome them because of children. I'd love to know how people handle this. I guess my problem is I breed too much?
So is the issue that you would like to keep useful horses alive longer, yet want to rehome useless ones with live progeny? I think there could be multiple solutions here. I myself have two pastures that I dedicate to aging out horses who have just sat in the market for too too long. So if you ever want some of your horses to go somewhere to age out, I and many others can absolutely do that!! Now if you're looking for freezing horses, there are people here who do that too!! I have an alt account that I use to freeze, and I may have a few spots if you would like to use them. I know others also charge "board" to freeze your horses! I think it might be beneficial for you to step back and really look at your projects. Decide which ones you are most active with and maybe freeze some horses from the other projects to save them for later. Completely up to you <3
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

UnpredictableDragon wrote: Totally not weird Lyssa. I tend to take breaks here and there because I get bored and lose motivation too. Burn out sucks, but hey, I would suggest finding a small project that you find interest in? Nothing too crazy of course, just something to bring the interest back!! If not, breaks are 100% okay too!
That's not a bad idea, there's something I've been wanting to do forever that I could do while training. Thank you!!! <3
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
Soleil
Visit My Farm

Post by Soleil »

Advice Neutral

So, I guess the problem is I’m feeling really unmotivated. There’s just so much stuff happening IRL and I just feel like my life is going… off track? I’m losing friends and trying to salvage broken relationships.

In HWO even, sometimes I don’t even take a single turn for a couple of days. Training has become somewhat of a burden. Don’t get me wrong, I love training! But nowadays, everything just feels like I’m watching some sort of drama and I can’t change anything.

That’s my two cents. Let me just say, this topic is such a good idea, I feel better already!
...Breeding high quality equines and training future champions since 2022.
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

Soleil wrote:That’s my two cents. Let me just say, this topic is such a good idea, I feel better already!
You just said everything I'm feeling right now...
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:16 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:16 pm