The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Why Do People Buy & Rehome?

Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Why Do People Buy & Rehome?

Post by Katy_Kanes »

Question- why do people buy horses off the market just to immediately rehome them?
This has only happened to me in the past week (since getting off a long break). I've had all of my sale horses bought & then immediately rehomed. Other than breeding each of my sale horses once or putting them up for offers is there any way to prevent this? Or can somebody explain why people do it?
ፕጌ✨
♕ℛℛ♕
Quality Horses Est. May 25th, 2019
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Re: Why Do People Buy & Rehome?

Post by horsegirl008 »

Katy_Kanes wrote:Question- why do people buy horses off the market just to immediately rehome them?
This has only happened to me in the past week (since getting off a long break). I've had all of my sale horses bought & then immediately rehomed. Other than breeding each of my sale horses once or putting them up for offers is there any way to prevent this? Or can somebody explain why people do it?
I may or may not be right, but I think it's a way to clear the market and keep it from getting too "clogged up". I don't know the answer to your question about preventing this from happening :|
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

horsegirl008 wrote:
Katy_Kanes wrote:Question- why do people buy horses off the market just to immediately rehome them?
I may or may not be right, but I think it's a way to clear the market and keep it from getting too "clogged up". I don't know the answer to your question about preventing this from happening :|
Thank you! I don’t really understand the point of “clearing the market” personally. All of my horses were bought when they were ~17 & near death anyways lol. Just kinda annoying.
ፕጌ✨
♕ℛℛ♕
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Katy_Kanes wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: I may or may not be right, but I think it's a way to clear the market and keep it from getting too "clogged up". I don't know the answer to your question about preventing this from happening :|
Thank you! I don’t really understand the point of “clearing the market” personally. All of my horses were bought when they were ~17 & near death anyways lol. Just kinda annoying.
No problem! I don't understand it completely either :lol:
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

Katy_Kanes wrote: Thank you! I don’t really understand the point of “clearing the market” personally. All of my horses were bought when they were ~17 & near death anyways lol. Just kinda annoying.
If they're ~17, without any foals, and untrained, there's not much to do with them but rehome. If you want them to stick around, either raise the price so the market clearers won't go after them, make sure they have a foal either on the way or on the ground (the most surefire way to prevent this from happening), or put "age out only" in the ad (some people may still ignore/not notice this).
Sea Fire
Visit My Farm

Post by Sea Fire »

most people don't want older horses. A lot of people buy for stats color so having an older horse people tend to ignore it cause it usually doesn't further their breeding and their too old to train, therefore they usually sit on the market till the owner ages them or the market cleaners do their job. I was their when the market cleaners first started and it's mostly just so that we don't have so many horses clogging the market and putting horses that can be sold in the back. You could always write on title "please don't buy and rehome" plus there are other people who buy them if they have a bad foal or something they don't like a lot of people will rehome them because its to hard to sell them again.

hope this makes sense
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

Sea Fire wrote:
most people don't want older horses. A lot of people buy for stats color so having an older horse people tend to ignore it cause it usually doesn't further their breeding and their too old to train, therefore they usually sit on the market till the owner ages them or the market cleaners do their job. I was their when the market cleaners first started and it's mostly just so that we don't have so many horses clogging the market and putting horses that can be sold in the back. You could always write on title "please don't buy and rehome" plus there are other people who buy them if they have a bad foal or something they don't like a lot of people will rehome them because its to hard to sell them again.

hope this makes sense
Thank you this helps explain it. I personally don't completely understand why there are people to clear the market, but I do a bit more now!
ፕጌ✨
♕ℛℛ♕
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeLover101 »

Thank you this helps explain it. I personally don't completely understand why there are people to clear the market, but I do a bit more now![/quote]

Hello Katy_Kanes!

Here is my forum on clearing the market and the horses it includes or excludes.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36181
Also i was buying good stated horses and training them to sell for $1 to new players but the interest took a dive so i since closed that on the forum. But would like to do it in the future again once the updates for HWO take effect. It will make trained horses more worthy and maybe get some interest by new players again.

I noticed a few of your horses on market and they were older. I did leave them alone to see if anyone was gonna snag them. I did snag two for myself to breed some mares for a future line i have in mind for. But the others they were older and most older horses dont get bought unless someone has a particular project going on and they dont mind that the horses are old.

Currently our CTM program is buying up horses with horses ID numbers 3,500,000 or older This helps the people clearing the market to not snag newly bred horses etc. We had an issue with people mass breeding then listing them for the market cleaners to buy out. So thats why i implemented the ID number list. I try to update it every 250,000 new horses created. it helps filter the market out a lot.

I try to stay away from "cheap" horses with "good or better" stats for people that dont have a lot of money but want a decent horse. Cause if we all bought the cheap horses then the new players would be stuck trying to buy a horse for 50k or more. And i know we only start with like 25k-50k or something... been so long i cant remember.

I decided to snag yours but leave some a lone depending on HGP and confo. they are older and i know you have sent some of your horses to me for training so i thought since they are selling ill buy and she can have the money if she needed. Sometimes i do that for newer players too. ill randomly buy there horses they are trying to sell because they need room or money. even though i have no use for it, it still makes the person feel like they are moving in the right direction.

And even then. if i didnt buy them and then someone bred them and they didnt throw good and they rehomed. thats just how it is. I think you are taking it too "personal" against your lines. Its happened to me before when i first started the game so i get the jest. I just want to back up myself as a market cleaner and hopefully anyone that is associated with my CTM fourm that they are following the guidelines per my forum and we do not indulge into such heinous acts against a particular player or account.

Thank you!

Sorry for the long reply but i hope this helps :)
ℬᏟᏕℛ - Black Creek Stables Rescue
Famous Racing Belgian Breeder
Owner Of FIR Club
Legendary Trainer & Comp'er For Players
***14 Days For Pick Up - After That They Will Be Auctioned Off***

Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

HorzeLover101 wrote:
Hello Katy_Kanes!

Here is my forum on clearing the market and the horses it includes or excludes.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36181
Also i was buying good stated horses and training them to sell for $1 to new players but the interest took a dive so i since closed that on the forum. But would like to do it in the future again once the updates for HWO take effect. It will make trained horses more worthy and maybe get some interest by new players again.

I noticed a few of your horses on market and they were older. I did leave them alone to see if anyone was gonna snag them. I did snag two for myself to breed some mares for a future line i have in mind for. But the others they were older and most older horses dont get bought unless someone has a particular project going on and they dont mind that the horses are old.

Currently our CTM program is buying up horses with horses ID numbers 3,500,000 or newer. This helps the people clearing the market to not snag newly bred horses etc. We had an issue with people mass breeding then listing them for the market cleaners to buy out. So thats why i implemented the ID number list. I try to update it every 250,000 new horses created. it helps filter the market out a lot.

I try to stay away from "cheap" horses with "good or better" stats for people that dont have a lot of money but want a decent horse. Cause if we all bought the cheap horses then the new players would be stuck trying to buy a horse for 50k or more. And i know we only start with like 25k-50k or something... been so long i cant remember.

I decided to snag yours but leave some a lone depending on HGP and confo. they are older and i know you have sent some of your horses to me for training so i thought since they are selling ill buy and she can have the money if she needed. Sometimes i do that for newer players too. ill randomly buy there horses they are trying to sell because they need room or money. even though i have no use for it, it still makes the person feel like they are moving in the right direction.

And even then. if i didnt buy them and then someone bred them and they didnt throw good and they rehomed. thats just how it is. I think you are taking it too "personal" against your lines. Its happened to me before when i first started the game so i get the jest. I just want to back up myself as a market cleaner and hopefully anyone that is associated with my CTM fourm that they are following the guidelines per my forum and we do not indulge into such heinous acts against a particular player or account.

Thank you!

Sorry for the long reply but i hope this helps :)

Thats a good perspective to see, thank you & I understand more now.
ፕጌ✨
♕ℛℛ♕
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm