The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

EclipticArt! || Open

EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

EclipticArt! || Open

Post by EclipticEnd »

Please don't quote this!

Hiya! As a late new year's resolution, I've decided that I want to get into art more and improve in that skill and refine my style. I've decided that I'd like to try to do a drawing possibly every other day since I know that once a day will be too overwhelming for me at the moment. I might end up even only doing one a week or one every two weeks.

That brings us here.

I'd like to take some requests to draw some of your favorite horses! Any color/pattern works and any breed works. They can be HWO horses or IRL horses, provided you have the permission of the horse's owner to post such pictures as I'll need references for color and pattern. These likely will not be full body drawings and will be more centered towards the head and neck of the horse, however I might sneak in a full or partial body every now and then for practice.

Quick edit: I'm willing to try out other animals as well besides horses, but I can't guarantee that other animals will look as good. Feel free to put a different animal's picture in the form, but I'll keep the default "horse" reference as part of it.

These are free drawings/commissions. If you would like to tip then I won't say no, but it's certainly not a requirement and I have plenty of money in this game.

Once the art's done you can do whatever you'd like with it. Make it your PFP, put it in your signature, etc.

If you recognize my style then good for you, you're probably also in the Star Stable Online community. I do have an Instagram where I've posted horse art in the past. I'd like to start updating that account with new art which is why I'll ask for permission to post it there within the form. You're welcome to message that account to confirm that it's me if you feel it necessary. The Insta's @ecliptic_end; it's been in hiatus for a long while at this point but I'm hoping to start updating it with this. You're welcome to decline this if you'd like.

My rules are:
  • Fill out the form completely.
  • Don't spam with art requests.
  • If it's a HWO horse then link the horse where it's asked for.
  • If it's a picture not from HWO then make sure that:
    A. The link works if you're simply linking an image.
    B. It's a good quality image, not super fuzzy and out of focus/bad lighting.
    C. You have permission for me to draw the horse from the horse's owner.
    D. Make sure that you have a good view of any patterning on the horse. If needed, post multiple pictures. This mostly applies to IRL horses or images not from the HWO horse generation.
  • Don't remove my signature from it or claim that you made this art.
  • Be respectful. If you don't like my art then that's fine. If you do then you do. If you notice things aren't proportionate then please know that I'm working to improve on my equine anatomy while still maintaining my style. Constructive criticism's fine!
I'm going to have the form and queue below in separate messages. Feel free to quote the form.

Here's some examples of my art.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Art Form:

Post by EclipticEnd »

Quote me!

Quick info:
  • If you want a rectangular drawing then please let me know the orientation (portrait vs. landscape); same if you want an oval done
  • If you know the size of the image that you want, feel free to be specific in pixels/inches/etc.
  • My examples are all square canvases and I prefer to do squares
  • I can do transparent backgrounds, solid backgrounds, or transparent backgrounds with patterns
  • You can be specific or vague with the background; if you want me to take artistic liberties then let me know
  • The background can be solid, patterns, or scenery such as mountains/forest/etc.; I prefer to make complex landscapes be out of focus but if you'd like it to be in focus then let me know
  • I can add text if you'd like, but I'll be handwriting it and not using any fonts. I'll offer both the picture with text and the picture without
  • If you don't want the drawing on my Insta then you're 100% free to say no. If you don't care then I'd appreciate the permission to put it there as the artist
  • Only one horse per drawing please; I don't currently want to do family ones. I'll update this if I change my mind.
  • If you want the horse to be a specific age let me know. For example, if you have adult pictures but want a foal drawing I can do that
  • My signature will be updated and may or may not be more subtle than in my examples

Square/Circular/Rectangular Canvas?:
Background Color/s:
Background Pattern/Scenery:
Words/Text?:
Text Color/s:
May I upload this drawing to my Instagram?:
Questions/Comments:
Horse Reference/s:
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Queued Art Requests:

Post by EclipticEnd »

Current queue:
Last edited by EclipticEnd on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:05 pm, edited 22 times in total.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: EclipticArt!

Post by EclipticEnd »

Reserved
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: EclipticArt! || Open

Post by Tom »

Do you only draw horses or are you open to other animals as well? I'd really like a drawing of my dog! :)
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Re: Art Form:

Post by Alyssa Davis »

EclipticEnd wrote:Quote me!
Square/Circular/Rectangular Canvas?: Square
Background Color/s: White
Background Pattern/Scenery: Is sun rays and sparkles an option? :D If not then just white! Use all the artistic liberty you need >:D
Words/Text?: N/A
Text Color/s: N/A
May I upload this drawing to my Instagram?: Yes
Questions/Comments: I love how magical the black horse in the middle looks! That's my favorite!!!
Horse Reference/s:https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/3473031
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

Tom wrote:Do you only draw horses or are you open to other animals as well? I'd really like a drawing of my dog! :)
I can give it a shot! I'm best at horses but I'm willing to try other animals as well. : D
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Art Form:

Post by Tom »

EclipticEnd wrote:Quote me!
Square/Circular/Rectangular Canvas?:your choice
Background Color/s:any
Background Pattern/Scenery:any
Words/Text?:none
Text Color/s:n/a
May I upload this drawing to my Instagram?:yes
Questions/Comments:Thank you!
Horse Reference/s: https://imgur.com/F3cMLmw
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

I've added both of you to the queue! Once my tablet decides to finish updating I'll get to work.
Twisted_Briar
Visit My Farm

Post by Twisted_Briar »

Square/Circular/Rectangular Canvas?: Square
Background Color/s: Any :D
Background Pattern/Scenery: Don't mind either
Words/Text?: Misty (Name of the horse)
Text Color/s: Don't mind
May I upload this drawing to my Instagram?: Yes ^^
Questions/Comments: I know you said IRL horses, but I heard you were in the SSO community? I am too! Was wondering if it'd be possible for you to draw my starter?
Horse Reference/s: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/jorvi ... 1108020234

This picture is the exact same way mine looks. Again, if this doesn't work no worries :D It's really nice you're doing this, though! As someone who can't 'art' at all I very much admire other peoples' work, and I have seen your stuff around!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:12 am