The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Can this be stopped?

Royale
Visit My Farm

Can this be stopped?

Post by Royale »

I know its historically been a problem, and for a while it seemed to quieten down, but it appears that a number of players are taking advantage of the ability to enter multiple horses in a single event (in some disciplines) and consequently driving up the prize, winnings and enhancing the stats of winning horse. below is just one example of an event that has attracted more than 20 entries by the same player:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/compet ... iew/103827

Dont get me wrong - I'm not against the ability to enter 2,3 or even 4 horses to a single comp, but I don't believe that they should be able to do a full event of your 'own' horses...
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Can this be stopped?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale wrote:I know its historically been a problem, and for a while it seemed to quieten down, but it appears that a number of players are taking advantage of the ability to enter multiple horses in a single event (in some disciplines) and consequently driving up the prize, winnings and enhancing the stats of winning horse. below is just one example of an event that has attracted more than 20 entries by the same player:

Dont get me wrong - I'm not against the ability to enter 2,3 or even 4 horses to a single comp, but I don't believe that they should be able to do a full event of your 'own' horses...
Remember, there are some competitions that we can do this in real life. So that is also available to us here.

Following are the 'one-entry-limit' competitions.

Endurance
Harness Racing
Racing
Saddleseat
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Western Pleasure

All others in real life (and hence here) we can literally ride multiple horses and enter multiple horses. This is because these competitions are almost wholly one-horse-seen-at-a-time.

:mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Royale wrote:I know its historically been a problem, and for a while it seemed to quieten down, but it appears that a number of players are taking advantage of the ability to enter multiple horses in a single event (in some disciplines) and consequently driving up the prize, winnings and enhancing the stats of winning horse. below is just one example of an event that has attracted more than 20 entries by the same player:

Remember, there are some competitions that we can do this in real life. So that is also available to us here.

Endurance
Harness Racing
Racing
Saddleseat
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Western Pleasure

All others in real life (and hence here) we can literally ride multiple horses and enter multiple horses. This is because these competitions are almost wholly one-horse-seen-at-a-time.

Well, that sure showed up my ignorance! Thanks for the explanation, certainly appreciate it - and it certainly makes sense now... facepalms.
rosie0922 Holding2
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 Holding2 »

Royale wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Endurance
Harness Racing
Racing
Saddleseat
Sprint Racing
Steeplechase
Western Pleasure

Well, that sure showed up my ignorance! Thanks for the explanation, certainly appreciate it - and it certainly makes sense now... facepalms.
And think of it as a potential benefit. If you enter a trained horse that's a serious competitor, you'll come away with all those points. Silver linings. :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale wrote:
Eh... I consider it 'Forgotten Knowledge'. I've done this exact thing before, which is why I have it written down in my Baby Time Trials. So all I need to do, is go to my farm page and open the link named that. Scroll down just a little and the rolling competitions it says it right there. 8-)

So, you're far from alone in forgetting this. Good company, you know? :lol: :mrgreen:

And also... Really just like rosie0922 Holding2 said. Filling up a competition means plenty... PLENTY of points to the horses that come in at the top.

It's a form of force-pointing, or out-and-out false-pointing, depending on why you're doing it.

Great way to earn titles for those horses though. So there are many uses for doing this, including figuring out which in a group of horses might be best for competitions and therefor potential breeder material.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 am