Community Forum

Tall Pines Chat

ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Re: Tall Pines Chat

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

emorrison787 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:
I have been keeping my eye on his progress. I was not expecting him to be a Sorrel. lol :lol:
I was hoping he'd turn dark like his Sire. But I guess I'll have another Sorrel stud. Thank you for training him for me.
I have also been watching to see what foal Esther was going have for you. I am her biggest fan.
They are full of surprises :lol:
Thank you for trusting me to train him. He is so very nice, no matter the color :)
The stud I used for Esther is just a tad tall for 5* and is 93% Arab. I'm hoping for a full or 99% Arabian foal. I'm actually trying to preserve some of my old Arabian lines. I would of used his sire who is sentimental to me but he is 17.3. Bred back in the beginning when I was using all those very tall 73k HGP studs.
Thank you so much for selling her to me. She should be popping any time now :D

Update:
Esther had her foal and he is 100% Arab but still slightly too tall for 5*.

I bred her again in the hope of keeping her alive. But the stud is way tall but full Arabian. I like his color though.
"Make Hay While The Sun Shines"
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Post by emorrison787 »

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:
I have been keeping my eye on his progress. I was not expecting him to be a Sorrel. lol :lol:
I was hoping he'd turn dark like his Sire. But I guess I'll have another Sorrel stud. Thank you for training him for me.
I have also been watching to see what foal Esther was going have for you. I am her biggest fan.
They are full of surprises :lol:
Thank you for trusting me to train him. He is so very nice, no matter the color :)
The stud I used for Esther is just a tad tall for 5* and is 93% Arab. I'm hoping for a full or 99% Arabian foal. I'm actually trying to preserve some of my old Arabian lines. I would of used his sire who is sentimental to me but he is 17.3. Bred back in the beginning when I was using all those very tall 73k HGP studs.
Thank you so much for selling her to me. She should be popping any time now :D

Update:
Esther had her foal and he is 100% Arab but still slightly too tall for 5*.

I bred her again in the hope of keeping her alive. But the stud is way tall but full Arabian. I like his color though.
He is gorgeous! :D I love his coloring too! The colt looks very similar to her newborn photo. He will definitely be a pretty one.
I had that problem with her as well. She kept giving me foals that were too tall. I like that you are breeding her to studs with similar coat colors. There are some really nice 73k Studs out there, and I hope to have one some day. I like my short kings though. lol :lol:
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

emorrison787 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:
He is gorgeous! :D I love his coloring too! The colt looks very similar to her newborn photo. He will definitely be a pretty one.
I had that problem with her as well. She kept giving me foals that were too tall. I like that you are breeding her to studs with similar coat colors. There are some really nice 73k Studs out there, and I hope to have one some day. I like my short kings though. lol :lol:
Yes, I like your short kings too :) yes, there are really nice 73k studs and I still do use them.

Well I did use a too tall stud so it wasn't her fault. He'll probably turn out a little lighter than her.
If she makes it through this breeding , next time i am using one of my High Strung studs. That is why I wanted her after all. My non-bombproof stock is not very HGP because I'm just starting with that, but I will try to use the best I have.
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Post by emorrison787 »

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:
Yes, I like your short kings too :) yes, there are really nice 73k studs and I still do use them.

Well I did use a too tall stud so it wasn't her fault. He'll probably turn out a little lighter than her.
If she makes it through this breeding , next time i am using one of my High Strung studs. That is why I wanted her after all. My non-bombproof stock is not very HGP because I'm just starting with that, but I will try to use the best I have.
Aww! :D I am so flattered by the name you chose for her colt! thank you! :D I hope she delivers what you want. I'll keep my eye out for more HIGH STRUNG arabians mares on the market for you. I noticed there are some Champagne studs for sale on the market, but I am pretty sure they have been on there awhile. Not sure the player is even still active. You don't care if the mares are 5* or not right? I understand trying to preserve your line. I wish I had. Sometimes you can get away with breeding to a 16h and they will still produce a smaller horse. I have had 16h mares who gave me 5* foals over and over.
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

emorrison787 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote: Yes, I like your short kings too :) yes, there are really nice 73k studs and I still do use them.

Aww! :D I am so flattered by the name you chose for her colt! thank you! :D I hope she delivers what you want. I'll keep my eye out for more HIGH STRUNG arabians mares on the market for you. I noticed there are some Champagne studs for sale on the market, but I am pretty sure they have been on there awhile. Not sure the player is even still active. You don't care if the mares are 5* or not right? I understand trying to preserve your line. I wish I had. Sometimes you can get away with breeding to a 16h and they will still produce a smaller horse. I have had 16h mares who gave me 5* foals over and over.
I try to choose names so I can keep trac of their breeding. At this point no I don't care if it's 5* or not but would like it to have at least green or gold color comments in speed, stamina and agility. I have to start being a little picky because I am accumulating too many and it takes too long to get them aged out.
I started trying to preserve my Arabian late so a lot are gone, only a couple left. Can't keep them all unfortunately.
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Post by emorrison787 »

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:
I try to choose names so I can keep trac of their breeding. At this point no I don't care if it's 5* or not but would like it to have at least green or gold color comments in speed, stamina and agility. I have to start being a little picky because I am accumulating too many and it takes too long to get them aged out.
I started trying to preserve my Arabian late so a lot are gone, only a couple left. Can't keep them all unfortunately.
Well, I will definitely keep an eye out for any. I have a question for you. Do you know what base coat color AG Little Queen has? I know she has an appy blanket. there is no earlier pictures of her to know what color she was born with. I've been guessing palomino?
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

emorrison787 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:
Well, I will definitely keep an eye out for any. I have a question for you. Do you know what base coat color AG Little Queen has? I know she has an appy blanket. there is no earlier pictures of her to know what color she was born with. I've been guessing palomino?
I have no idea. I bought her as an adult. But I do believe the grey gene will always show up 100%
emorrison787
Visit My Farm

Post by emorrison787 »

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:
I have no idea. I bought her as an adult. But I do believe the grey gene will always show up 100%
That’s alright. I’ll just breed her to grey gene studs and I’ll make her my speciality item. I don’t mind that her colt turns grey. I think they are pretty. I just don’t like it when their mane and tail are not the same color. So hopefully lil Johnny’s mane and tail will change together.
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

emorrison787 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:
That’s alright. I’ll just breed her to grey gene studs and I’ll make her my speciality item. I don’t mind that her colt turns grey. I think they are pretty. I just don’t like it when their mane and tail are not the same color. So hopefully lil Johnny’s mane and tail will change together.
My personal Choice is to breed the grey factored to mostly Black horses. I really don't like how it fades out other colors. You might try reaching out to her breeder, Rose..?, she might remember even though she didn't take pictures.
ImaCountryGirl
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

Not going to be on much today since my internet is acting up
Become a Patron!