The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Tall Pines Chat

ImaCountryGirl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Tall Pines Chat

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

emorrison787 wrote:Ping
AppleofHiseye178 wrote:Ping
This is where you can reach ImaCountryGirl CountryGirl2 ShowCountry or TallPines
Here are some good links to check out:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11683#p63183
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35479
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1182302007
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20197&p=134138#p134138

For racing you will want a horse that is not bombproof at birth and is either Spirited or High Strung for competition.
Conformation scores ideally 60 speed or better, 30 strength or better, 40 stamina or better, and as an added bonus for certain events a high agility and tempo score of 30 or better is an advantage.
In addition you want Horse Genetic Potential score to be as high as possible; at least 56-57k but 60k and up are better.
Aim for scores around 62-65k

If you need conformation scores link your horse here and I will provide them to you.
Last edited by ImaCountryGirl on Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Make Hay While The Sun Shines"
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Re: Tall Pines Chat

Post by horsegirl008 »

Just so you know, AppleofHiseye has a 178 at the end, so it would be AppleofHiseye178 :D
ImaCountryGirl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

horsegirl008 wrote:Just so you know, AppleofHiseye has a 178 at the end, so it would be AppleofHiseye178 :D
oops :oops: Thank you :D I'll correct it
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote:Just so you know, AppleofHiseye has a 178 at the end, so it would be AppleofHiseye178 :D
oops :oops: Thank you :D I'll correct it
Yup, no prob 8-)
AppleofHiseye178
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by AppleofHiseye178 »

horsegirl008 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote: oops :oops: Thank you :D I'll correct it
Yup, no prob 8-)

The 178 is from Psalms 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings," :D
ImaCountryGirl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: Yup, no prob 8-)

The 178 is from Psalms 17:8 "Keep me as the apple of Your eye; Hide me under the shadow of Your wings," :D
Beautiful :D
AppleofHiseye178
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
emorrison787 wrote:Ping
AppleofHiseye178 wrote:Ping
This is where you can reach ImaCountryGirl CountryGirl2 ShowCountry or TallPines

For racing you will want a horse that is not bombproof at birth and is either Spirited or High Strung for competition.
Conformation scores ideally 60 speed or better, 30 strength or better, 40 stamina or better, and as an added bonus for certain events a high agility and tempo score of 30 or better is an advantage.
In addition you want Horse Genetic Potential score to be as high as possible; at least 56-57k but 60k and up are better.

If you need conformation scores link your horse here and I will provide them to you.
Thank you so much for this info. Ok so, I have checked and most of my thoroughbred studs and mares are Bombproof.. they have great HGP and lots of gold stats.. So, I may have to start over. Let's hope thoughtful kisses's foal is a filly. That will help me a little. I have only one mare that is high-spirited. The only stud I have that is high spirit is tranquil Raven that you gave me.
Last edited by AppleofHiseye178 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: Yup, no prob 8-)

That's SO smart, I love that!!! I was wondering where it came from :lol:
ImaCountryGirl
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by ImaCountryGirl »

AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
ImaCountryGirl wrote:

Thank you so much for this info. Ok so, I have checked and most of my thoroughbred studs and mares are Bombproof.. they have great HGP and lots of gold stats.. So, I may have to start over. Let's hope thoughtful kisses's foal is a filly. That will help me a little. I have only one mare that is high-spirited. The only stud I have that is high spirit is tranquil Raven that you gave me.
It's a slow process. don't stress over it, lol
Try feeding your BP horses 100% corn in a barn. Maybe you can pull them out of BP. But if they were born BP that might not work. I always make a note in my horses comments as to what temp they were born. It rarely changes from BP but it has happened and if I have a real good foal with otherwise good stats I try to pull them out of BP.
If the stats are high enough they can sometimes overcome being bombproof. But HGP needs to be north of 63k; preferably in the 70's and Speed and stamina need good strong gold comments. And you need to pick your competitions carefully.
If Thoughtful Kisses has a colt and you'd rather a filly we can try again.
AppleofHiseye178
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

ImaCountryGirl wrote:
AppleofHiseye178 wrote:
It's a slow process. don't stress over it, lol
Try feeding your BP horses 100% corn in a barn. Maybe you can pull them out of BP. But if they were born BP that might not work. I always make a note in my horses comments as to what temp they were born. It rarely changes from BP but it has happened and if I have a real good foal with otherwise good stats I try to pull them out of BP.
If the stats are high enough they can sometimes overcome being bombproof. But HGP needs to be north of 63k; preferably in the 70's and Speed and stamina need good strong gold comments. And you need to pick your competitions carefully.
If Thoughtful Kisses has a colt and you'd rather a filly we can try again.
I'm sorry it took me so long to reply back. I was busy creating a freezer account for my two OLDEST arabian mares. Trying to preserve them. I have changed their food to corn. I hope that will help. I feel like I have nice thoroughbred stock so far, just not right temperament for racing. I will be happy no matter what Thoughtful Kisses has. I have to say trying to manage all of these account is a mental challenge. Starting over with a new breed and goals is a challenge as well. I appreciate your help. I am just trying to decide if what I have is worth keeping, or if I should sell some of them.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:17 am

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:17 am