The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

More Questions :)

Join us today and Sunday for a questions and answers weekend. Anyone can submit a question and we'll answer quickly.
Valkyriea
Visit My Farm

More Questions :)

Post by Valkyriea »

• I'm honestly so excited to beta test this game its killing me inside haha Thank you for allowing paypal! :D I ask a lot of Genetics questions and this is only because I'm constantly researching horse genetics and I'm obsessed with realism heehee

1. Will there be irregular markings?
    2. Is there some kind of data base to determine markings, so that every horse will be unique and few that are the same?
    3. Will there be different Sabino genes for say Clydesdale and Arabians?
    4. Can a full white coat be a mutation? Through research many breeds have been found to have a full white coat mutation given that their parents have no relation to Dominate white.
    5. Will there be the bloody shoulder marking?
    5. Will you be able to hire people to work on the farm/stable when you have too many horses to handle training/feeding/grooming by yourself?
    6. Will there be illnesses(lameness, etc) and diseases(Lethal White Syndrome) that will effect breeding and/or just general game play? Like say a mare having complications in birth dies or the foal being rejected?
    7. I used to play a game called horse tycoon at one point and they had a feature that when foals were born it was possibility to end up with a stillborn? That being said, I think this could possibly regulate over breeding and increase the value of sales, rather then there being so many misfits.
    8. For the careers will there be more involved that just being that title? Like say if you were a Vet, would you have to do vaccines and checkups? Maybe more?
    9. Will there be chances of Twins and/or Triplets and if so is there a chance of one dying from complications?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: More Questions :)

Post by larissar »

1. If you mean Badger Faces, then yes we'll have those. We'll have a gene implemented that simulates the "white suppression" hypothesized gene.

2. Yes, the markings will be genetically determined. Each pattern will have it's own unique characteristics. I tried to calculate how many genetic possibilities there are for a single pattern and the number was 40 followed by 50 zeros. For a single pattern "type", of which there are many pattern types and even combination pattern types.

3. Yes, there will be billions of different types of sabino pattern. Including the Dominant White patterns which can be confused with Sabino.

4. This is a possibility but I haven't setup genes for it as of yet. If you can provide me with some research I can read thorough to understand the genes then it can easily be added.

5. Eventually yes, a little more work is needed though as the pattern/distribution of bloody shoulder markings varies quite a lot.

5. Undetermined, likely no. If you have too many horses to handle, then perhaps you should consider selling some. The game should be enjoyable, but not a chore. It's also important to remember that not ALL horses need regular training and grooming. Broodmares need little work and many horses could be simply kept in a pasture with just general health monitoring. Feeding is done automatically, you only need to choose WHAT your horse will eat and the game feeds the horse automatically every day until you change the feeding schedule.

6. Yes we'll have illness and injuries of varying degrees of seriousness. Some sicknesses could clear up on their own, while others might require a vet. Diseases can be spread around farms and also during competitions or breeding. It's important to keep your horse healthy and sound in the game

7. Stillborn is definitely a possibility.

8. If you have a skill you will have various tasks you can do like creating vaccines, or tending to illness and injuries.

9. Yes there will be a chance of twins, but I'm not sure if triplets is going to be added or not. I haven't heard of a horse having triples, but then again I haven't looked into that yet either.
Valkyriea
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

Alright thanks for answering and I shall send some research on the Dom white mutation through facebook!
Neon Blue
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon Blue »

It has been running around my head but I have been looking for someone that it fits in, here seems like the right place.
I understand there is a % chance of (For example )a mare having birthing problems. Sometimes a certain mare might be more likely to have birthing problems then another mare. For example, I know a shetland mare who only ever had 2 foals out of more than 5 pregnancies, 2 of which she almost died and 1 she did die. The foals had problems like being too big, having giant legs and small bodies, being around the wrong way, and really strange things like that. The one she died with was perfectly fine, but the mare had been unable to push the foal out fast enough so it shredded her insides. The mare, was, top quality, and the two foals that survived were absolutely amazing. Will some game mares have the same problems, or be more likely to have problems like this?
Neon Blue
Visit My Farm

Post by Neon Blue »

Will hairless foal syndrome be included into the game? It could be more likely to happen in akhal-teke. Maybe 0.5% chance and 0.005% in other breeds.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Neon Blue wrote:Will hairless foal syndrome be included into the game? It could be more likely to happen in akhal-teke. Maybe 0.5% chance and 0.005% in other breeds.
Possibly, but it won't be available right away. This would likely be an addition added after the game opens up.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Neon Blue wrote:It has been running around my head but I have been looking for someone that it fits in, here seems like the right place.
I understand there is a % chance of (For example )a mare having birthing problems. Sometimes a certain mare might be more likely to have birthing problems then another mare. For example, I know a shetland mare who only ever had 2 foals out of more than 5 pregnancies, 2 of which she almost died and 1 she did die. The foals had problems like being too big, having giant legs and small bodies, being around the wrong way, and really strange things like that. The one she died with was perfectly fine, but the mare had been unable to push the foal out fast enough so it shredded her insides. The mare, was, top quality, and the two foals that survived were absolutely amazing. Will some game mares have the same problems, or be more likely to have problems like this?
Absolutely there will be pregnancy problems which are could be random accidents, environmental (like have a foal too large), or inheritable genes making some problems more likely to happen than others.
Valkyriea
Visit My Farm

Post by Valkyriea »

I like the sound of that! Seems very much realistic and will make people realize they can't simply just go breed without thinking of the consequences with genes and possibilities.

Honestly this is the one aspect that turned me off from most game and that is because they didn't included and they just felt to 'perfect' if you know what I mean.

Oh and another question: Is colic possible or is that something for future reference?
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by larissar »

Colic is definitely planned. It will be one of the first included ailments once ailments are added in.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:51 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:51 pm