The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Stumped

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Stumped

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Any idea of his coat color? I bred him as a test result from Full White Tobiano Stud and my Pseudo Dapple White mare and this was the result. Very stumped :lol: :lol:

~ HOF 2
"In order to succeed, we must first believe we can ~ Nikos Kazantzakis"
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Stumped

Post by BlackOak2 »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:

Any idea of his coat color? I bred him as a test result from Full White Tobiano Stud and my Pseudo Dapple White mare and this was the result. Very stumped :lol: :lol:

~ HOF 2
I see dapples right off the bat, so my first assumption is silver on black. Obviously, I also see tobiano. I also see champagne.
I also see potential that your horse could be a dun, though too hard to distinguish... and likely just one cream gene. The silver is enough to make this a double dilute, pseudo-white rather than a triple dilute, pseudo-white.

So my final conclusion would be a silver dappled classic cream with potential dun. With tiger eye.
Which also brings me to the assumption that the mare has a cream gene and either passed it on, or that this horse is, in fact a triple dilute and has a cream and pearl, one from the dame and a hidden one from the sire.

So, take your pick :D
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
I see dapples right off the bat, so my first assumption is silver on black. Obviously, I also see tobiano. I also see champagne.
I also see potential that your horse could be a dun, though too hard to distinguish... and likely just one cream gene. The silver is enough to make this a double dilute, pseudo-white rather than a triple dilute, pseudo-white.

So my final conclusion would be a silver dappled classic cream with potential dun. With tiger eye.
Which also brings me to the assumption that the mare has a cream gene and either passed it on, or that this horse is, in fact a triple dilute and has a cream and pearl, one from the dame and a hidden one from the sire.

So, take your pick :D
Yes, he is a very confusing boy. I will take your advice and just classify him as silver dappled classic cream.

~ HOF 2
"In order to succeed, we must first believe we can ~ Nikos Kazantzakis"
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote: So, take your pick :D
Yes, he is a very confusing boy. I will take your advice and just classify him as silver dappled classic cream.

~ HOF 2
Just wanted to say that BlackOak is correct about single cream. The white tobiano sire doesn't have cream because neither of his parents had it. (If you look at their baby pictures you can see the reddish coat of a pure-black, no cream foal.)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:

~ HOF 2
Just wanted to say that BlackOak is correct about single cream. The white tobiano sire doesn't have cream because neither of his parents had it. (If you look at their baby pictures you can see the reddish coat of a pure-black, no cream foal.)
:shock: :o
I must be getting better on my dilutes! Hah! Hahahahaha! :lol:
That being said, dilutes still throw me often enough.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:36 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:36 am