The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

WRITING CONTEST- RESULTS OUT

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: CLOSED- JUDGING

Post by h a z e l »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:ping
Thank you! I did think I went a little overboard with the dialogue, I really wanted it to seem like {TM} Undaunted was a snotty braggart. I mean that’s kind of how I see him, since he is pretty successful. Thanks again for holding this contest! :D :D :D
You're welcome! :) It's all right, you did a great job :) You are most welcome! Btw, the second place winner wants me to give half her money to you and half to Lila, so you will receive $400,000 in total instead of $150,000 :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Southerngal wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:...
I honestly didn't think I would get anything :lol: guess I was wrong? Thanks a lot though! I guess I could link this horse --> http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2140196
You're welcome! :) I offered!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Lila25172 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:Results

1st Place:

Congratulations, you won the million dollar first place prize! :D
You got a total of 18 points- 4 for Story Flow, 5 for Research, 5 for Interest, and 4 for Grammar.
At first I wasn't sure if you would win because you didn't really focus on the actual race that much- but then I changed my mind :lol:. I loved your unique perspective and your story was excellent! It held my attention, flowed well, and you used grammar correctly. Wonderful job :)
Please link a rehomable horse for me to offer your money on!

2nd Place:

I absolutely loved your focus on the actual race Kam, great job :D
You earned 17 points- 4 for Story Flow, 5 for Research, 5 for Interest, and 3 for Grammar.
You had such a good story, I really enjoyed reading it :) Your perspective was neat, and I loved how you tried to give a background on each of the horses and me. You definitely did your research :D At the end of the day though, Southergal's grammar was better, so she takes first place.
Congrats :D, and please link a rehomable horse for me to offer your $500,000 on!

3rd Place:

Congratulations on third place Sawd! :)
You earned a total of 15 points- 3 for Story Flow, 4 for Research, 4 for Interest, and 4 for Grammar.
I absolutely loved your race description! I also liked how you told the story from the second place horse's point of view. The blow dryer incident was also pretty funny :lol:
Thank you so much for entering; I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D (I didn't mind one bit that your story was long :))
Please link a rehomable horse for me to put your $250,000 on :)

Runner-Ups

I want to thank you both so much for entering :D I want to give you $150,000 for entering and for writing such good stories :)
Pegasus, you earned 14 points, you were only 1 point short of earning 3rd place :oops: You got 5 points for story flow, 3 for research, 4 for interest, and 2 for grammar. Your story flow was excellent and you held my interest, but your grammar hurt you in the end. I wasn't sure if I loved all of the dialogue between the two horses, but it was pretty amusing :) I want to thank you for entering, and I also want to say that you are a great writer :) I can't wait to see what you do with your section of the newsletter!
Lila, you earned 13 points- 3 for story flow, 2 for research, 4 for interest, and 4 for grammar. You had a great story! I liked your perspective, and I liked the humor you injected into a couple places in the story. However, your description of the actual race was only two or three sentences. I would have liked to see more about the race and more details period. I did genuinely enjoy your story though- I mean no offense :) Thank you so much for entering :)

Thank you so much for hosting this amazing contest! I really enjoyed writing a story for it! The link to the horse is down here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2147824 I just put him up for offers! Thanks again!
You're welcome :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! Btw, the second place winner wanted me to give you half her prize money so I offered $400,000 instead of just $150,000 :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: WRITING CONTEST- RESULTS OUT

Post by h a z e l »

Madi10117 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:ping
Hazel,

Thank you! I knew I was going to be dinged on my grammar as I forgot to check it. Please split my prize with the two who did not place. I feel that I do not need it and would like to share the wealth.

Kamichi
Aw that's too bad Kam :oops: I really did love your story! Sure, I can do that for you :) That is very generous!
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Madi10117 wrote:
Hazel,

Thank you! I knew I was going to be dinged on my grammar as I forgot to check it. Please split my prize with the two who did not place. I feel that I do not need it and would like to share the wealth.

Kamichi
Aw that's too bad Kam :oops: I really did love your story! Sure, I can do that for you :) That is very generous!
Nah, it's all good. I had fun writing it and that is all that matters! :D

Kamichi
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Kamichi Stables wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
Nah, it's all good. I had fun writing it and that is all that matters! :D

Kamichi
I'm glad you did :D
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Post by RenegadePegasus »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote: Thank you! I did think I went a little overboard with the dialogue, I really wanted it to seem like {TM} Undaunted was a snotty braggart. I mean that’s kind of how I see him, since he is pretty successful. Thanks again for holding this contest! :D :D :D
You're welcome! :) It's all right, you did a great job :) You are most welcome! Btw, the second place winner wants me to give half her money to you and half to Lila, so you will receive $400,000 in total instead of $150,000 :)
Oh well that’s very kind! Lemme find a horse real quick... ok here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2145654
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

1st Place:
Southerngal wrote:..
You got a total of 18 points- 4 for Story Flow, 5 for Research, 5 for Interest, and 4 for Grammar.
At first I wasn't sure if you would win because you didn't really focus on the actual race that much- but then I changed my mind :lol:. I loved your unique perspective and your story was excellent! It held my attention, flowed well, and you used grammar correctly. Wonderful job :)

2nd Place:
Kamichi Stables wrote:...
You earned 17 points- 4 for Story Flow, 5 for Research, 5 for Interest, and 3 for Grammar.
You had such a good story, I really enjoyed reading it :) Your perspective was neat, and I loved how you tried to give a background on each of the horses and me. You definitely did your research :D At the end of the day though, Southergal's grammar was better, so she takes first place.
Congrats :D, and please link a rehomable horse for me to offer your $500,000 on!

3rd Place:
Sawd10 wrote:...
You earned a total of 15 points- 3 for Story Flow, 4 for Research, 4 for Interest, and 4 for Grammar.
I absolutely loved your race description! I also liked how you told the story from the second place horse's point of view. The blow dryer incident was also pretty funny :lol:
Thank you so much for entering; I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D (I didn't mind one bit that your story was long :))

Runner-Ups
RenegadePegasus wrote:...
Lila25172 wrote:...
I want to thank you both so much for entering :D I want to give you $150,000 for entering and for writing such good stories :)
Pegasus, you earned 14 points, you were only 1 point short of earning 3rd place :oops: You got 5 points for story flow, 3 for research, 4 for interest, and 2 for grammar. Your story flow was excellent and you held my interest, but your grammar hurt you in the end. I wasn't sure if I loved all of the dialogue between the two horses, but it was pretty amusing :) I want to thank you for entering, and I also want to say that you are a great writer :) I can't wait to see what you do with your section of the newsletter!
Lila, you earned 13 points- 3 for story flow, 2 for research, 4 for interest, and 4 for grammar. You had a great story! I liked your perspective, and I liked the humor you injected into a couple places in the story. However, your description of the actual race was only two or three sentences. I would have liked to see more about the race and more details period. I did genuinely enjoy your story though- I mean no offense :) Thank you so much for entering :)
Oh, awesome! Thank you so much!
Here is a rehomable horse: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1977413 Thanks again, it was awesome!
A wise man once said nothing at all.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Sawd10 wrote:

1st Place:

2nd Place:

3rd Place:

Runner-Ups

Oh, awesome! Thank you so much!
Here is a rehomable horse: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1977413 Thanks again, it was awesome!
You are most welcome; thank you for entering! :)
I offered!
Joes_Horse_Rescue_27
Visit My Farm

Post by Joes_Horse_Rescue_27 »

Congrate everyone
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:55 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:55 am