The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

What colour is this lovely mare?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
meganrose55
Visit My Farm

What colour is this lovely mare?

Post by meganrose55 »

{MRA} Spotted Pumpkin

im stumped with the proper colour terms anyway but i really have no idea about this one! normally i dont bother but with her im really intrigued!
Currently focusing on producing Kathiawari and Marwari breeds :)

selling alot of horses to make room ;)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: What colour is this lovely mare?

Post by BlackOak2 »

meganrose55 wrote:
im stumped with the proper colour terms anyway but i really have no idea about this one! normally i dont bother but with her im really intrigued!
Gold champagne dun with tiger and double Lp.

Champagne causes the freckling and on a chestnut turns it golden colored. Tiger eye is the eyes. The snowflaking and blanket are both caused by the Lp. And the dun, has lightened her body color a bit more, creating a slightly dusty effect. She'll likely end up looking a lot like her sire as she ages.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
meganrose55
Visit My Farm

Post by meganrose55 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
meganrose55 wrote:

Champagne causes the freckling and on a chestnut turns it golden colored. Tiger eye is the eyes. The snowflaking and blanket are both caused by the Lp. And the dun, has lightened her body color a bit more, creating a slightly dusty effect. She'll likely end up looking a lot like her sire as she ages.
good genes to pass on looking at her though! thank you!
Currently focusing on producing Kathiawari and Marwari breeds :)

selling alot of horses to make room ;)
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote:
meganrose55 wrote:

Don't forget the flaxen. :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

... I wasn't sure about the flaxen. I have a horse that shares this same color, minus the dun and I didn't think that one had flaxen. So, if Raikit says flaxen, then there's also likely flaxen. :D ... and likely flaxen on mine too... Hah! :lol:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Elaina Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Elaina Brewster »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Raikit wrote:
... I wasn't sure about the flaxen. I have a horse that shares this same color, minus the dun and I didn't think that one had flaxen. So, if Raikit says flaxen, then there's also likely flaxen. :D ... and likely flaxen on mine too... Hah! :lol:
Definitely has flaxen, to bad it doesn't show on the legs as that would be pretty stunning
Raikit
Visit My Farm

Post by Raikit »

BlackOak2 wrote: ... I wasn't sure about the flaxen. I have a horse that shares this same color, minus the dun and I didn't think that one had flaxen. So, if Raikit says flaxen, then there's also likely flaxen. :D ... and likely flaxen on mine too... Hah! :lol:
Yeah, flaxen can be tricky on the gold champagnes. Here's a post I made about it back when I was still a newbie.

On a different topic: it's hilarious to go back through my old posts and see how much I didn't know that I now take for granted as common knowledge. :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Raikit wrote:
Yeah, flaxen can be tricky on the gold champagnes. Here's a post I made about it back when I was still a newbie.

On a different topic: it's hilarious to go back through my old posts and see how much I didn't know that I now take for granted as common knowledge. :lol:
Ai-eeh-Yeah!
It's that moment that I feel really stupid and the comment crosses my mind... 'Yeah, I really did say, do that. What an idiot I was.' :lol:

:mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 am

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 am