The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Classic or Sable Cream?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Shadow Scar
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Classic or Sable Cream?

Post by Shadow Scar »

Recently started crossing my Creams with Champagnes and came upon this little girl. I'm about 70% sure she's sable however, classic looks so similar and there's a possibility that her parents carried the "a" gene.
Ch/Cr
AHorseandPonyLover
Visit My Farm

Re: Classic or Sable Cream?

Post by AHorseandPonyLover »

Shadow Scar wrote:Recently started crossing my Creams with Champagnes and came upon this little girl. I'm about 70% sure she's sable however, classic looks so similar and there's a possibility that her parents carried the "a" gene.
Ch/Cr
If she have more darker leg markings then she will be Sable Cream Champagne. It looks like she will be Silver Classic Cream Champagne when she be adult but we can't say for sure, because if it's a foal the color may change when they grown up.
~♕♞Tℋℰ♘♕

"If you look into the eyes of a Horse, you won't just see a Horse, you will see life, love and determination."

~Proud Breeder Of ALL Horses/Breeds~
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Shadow Scar wrote:Recently started crossing my Creams with Champagnes and came upon this little girl. I'm about 70% sure she's sable however, classic looks so similar and there's a possibility that her parents carried the "a" gene.
I agree that she looks like a sable cream champagne.

Also, the sire appears a bit light, there could be dun, pangare or both at work there. If so, they'd likely be termed 'cryptic', meaning, so lightly expressed to not be noticeable, but passes the gene to offspring.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Post by Veterinarian »

AHorseandPonyLover wrote:
Ch/Cr
If she have more darker leg markings then she will be Sable Cream Champagne. It looks like she will be Silver Classic Cream Champagne when she be adult but we can't say for sure, because if it's a foal the color may change when they grown up.
Silver is definitely not there :lol:

Apart from the fact that her parents don't carry any silver genes if she had the silver gene and was a Silver Classic Cream Champagne or else a silver Classic cream she would look like a pseudo white, but a bit more on the yellow (?) side.
AHorseandPonyLover
Visit My Farm

Post by AHorseandPonyLover »

Veterinarian wrote:
AHorseandPonyLover wrote: If she have more darker leg markings then she will be Sable Cream Champagne. It looks like she will be Silver Classic Cream Champagne when she be adult but we can't say for sure, because if it's a foal the color may change when they grown up.
Silver is definitely not there :lol:

Apart from the fact that her parents don't carry any silver genes if she had the silver gene and was a Silver Classic Cream Champagne or else a silver Classic cream she would look like a pseudo white, but a bit more on the yellow (?) side.
I said we can't be sure. Her color might change when she be adult. But in my opinion she can be Sable Cream Champagne too if she carrying the gene from her parents or Classic Cream Champagne.
~♕♞Tℋℰ♘♕

"If you look into the eyes of a Horse, you won't just see a Horse, you will see life, love and determination."

~Proud Breeder Of ALL Horses/Breeds~
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Post by Veterinarian »

AHorseandPonyLover wrote:
Veterinarian wrote: Silver is definitely not there :lol:

I said we can't be sure. Her color might change when she be adult. But in my opinion she can be Sable Cream Champagne too if she carrying the gene from her parents or Classic Cream Champagne.
We can't be sure on wether she is carrying the agouti gene or not but there is no questioning the fact that she does not have the silver gene.
Shadow Scar
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Shadow Scar »

Veterinarian wrote:
AHorseandPonyLover wrote: I said we can't be sure. Her color might change when she be adult. But in my opinion she can be Sable Cream Champagne too if she carrying the gene from her parents or Classic Cream Champagne.
We can't be sure on wether she is carrying the agouti gene or not but there is no questioning the fact that she does not have the silver gene.
I was a bit confused by the silver comment myself, I'll probably have to do some crossing into black based stallions when shes older.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 am

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:48 am