The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

~What color is my Colt??~Like Seriously

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
kasey1732
Visit My Farm

~What color is my Colt??~Like Seriously

Post by kasey1732 »

Sire:↓
»bumble bee»

Dam:↓
»cha cha»

The foal they produced:↓↓
»cash»

I have no idea how that happened lmao
If anyone knows what coat this is tell me! :)
FantasyRanch3
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ~What color is my Colt??~Like Seriously

Post by FantasyRanch3 »

kasey1732 wrote:Sire:↓
»bumble bee»

»cha cha»

»cash»

Idk but he looks great. If he was mine I would say white with pinto head and some large leperd prints but that is if he was mine idk fancy colors
Charlette
Visit My Farm

Post by Charlette »

kasey1732 wrote:Sire:↓
»bumble bee»

»cha cha»

»cash»

I believe cash would be a Leopard Chestnut ( 1 LP switch ). The color is caused by something like the red gene.
This is an example of a horse with the red gene as well. The parents look nothing like him but yet there he isss :lol:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2951152

Im not the best with colors and im not sure what causes this but im pretty sure I am at least 97% correct
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

kasey1732 wrote:
Charlette is correct - the foal is chestnut. Specifically flaxen chestnut with leopard spotting and tobiano stockings. (He also has a single tiger eye gene from his mother but that won't show since he's not champagne.)

For explanation: red is recessive to black. You need two copies of red for it to show up. Both the sire and dam were heterozygous black (E/e). They each passed on their recessive gene, resulting in a homozygous recessive foal (e/e). This makes the foal chestnut rather than black.

If you take a look at bumble bee, his mother is cremello and so would have passed one of her two recessive genes to him. Cha cha most likely got her recessive gene from her mother, who had a recessive gene from her own mother who was chestnut.
Charlette wrote:
In the case of your horse, he is a chestnut out of two palominos. This is the result of cream and not recessive red. Palomino is chestnut with a single cream. Both parents had a single cream gene but neither passed it on, resulting in an undiluted foal.
prplebird20
Visit My Farm

Post by prplebird20 »

He's a chestnut Pintaloosa (I think). When you breed a homozygous appy with a homozygous paint, then a pintaloosa is your result. So he has both paint and appaloosa markings.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:39 am

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:39 am