The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Is it possible,,

Horpse
Visit My Farm

Is it possible,,

Post by Horpse »

Horpse here,

Just wondering if it is possible to develope a LP patterned horse without it having any greying. Is it possible? Or is greying just apart of the ‘leoparding’ process? This has bothered me bc I have not seen ONCE a horse without greying and it’s super ugly when it greys :? :? (No offense to any horse lovers out there)
ramcminn
Visit My Farm

Re: Is it possible,,

Post by ramcminn »

Horpse wrote:Horpse here,

Just wondering if it is possible to develope a LP patterned horse without it having any greying. Is it possible? Or is greying just apart of the ‘leoparding’ process? This has bothered me bc I have not seen ONCE a horse without greying and it’s super ugly when it greys :? :? (No offense to any horse lovers out there)
I could truly do with the varnishing or else it needs to be toned down. I breed Appaloosas and it's very frustrating because they are not as pretty as they should be.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

If you have strong enough pangare it eliminates a lot of the varnishing (it also makes buckskin, palomino etc look a few shades lighter, which is very pretty). It is by no means an easy fix, and it doesn't cover everything, but it does tone it down significantly
Ex. him and any of his relatives
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Varnishing, like most colors on this game, is, indeed, able to be manipulated in part for different variations. Though we can never have Lp without varnishing being present, there is the ability to have strong varnish and weak varnish. A really strong varnish can start to come in even before the foal is a yearling. Weak varnish will only dust the color of the horse and begin to bring out hidden spots and that's about it. I don't currently have any foals with varnish already showing, but I believe I have some of the weak or late varnish ones. Let me check...
Yes, I do have a couple examples. For the most part, varnish tends to stop affecting the horse (changing appearance) at about 15 years. Though there is some additional changes, what you see at 15 is about as much as it'll change.
This one at 15 years

As a yearling.
At six years.
Black bases tend to show more changes than other colors.
15 years

Yearling.
5 years.
15 years

Yearling.
5 years.
And here's one that isn't mine, but is an ancestor of those above.
17 years.

7 years.
I suspect this last one is a silver buckskin with an epic style of sooty.
None of these horses were bred to produce a weakened version of varnish. So without too much effort, weaker versions were acquired.
With heavy culling and selective breeding, one should be able to breed an almost varnish free version. How far? I haven't seen anybody offer their work yet. I don't know (I can't recall) if anybody has tackled such a project.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Horpse
Visit My Farm

Post by Horpse »

Cypress Creek Elites wrote:

If you have strong enough pangare it eliminates a lot of the varnishing (it also makes buckskin, palomino etc look a few shades lighter, which is very pretty). It is by no means an easy fix, and it doesn't cover everything, but it does tone it down significantly
oh yeah wow, that’s probably the best lp i’ve seen so far :shock:
ramcminn
Visit My Farm

Post by ramcminn »

Would you consider a couple of breeding to my Appy mares? He is the most gorgeous color.
Cypress Creek Elites
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Cypress Creek Elites »

ramcminn wrote:
Horpse wrote:
Would you consider a couple of breeding to my Appy mares? He is the most gorgeous color.
For sure! I’ll put him up for stud, either of you are welcome to use him :)
ramcminn
Visit My Farm

Post by ramcminn »

ramcminn wrote:
For sure! I’ll put him up for stud, either of you are welcome to use him :)
Thank you so so much! He is gorgeous and I can't wait for the foals! :D
ramcminn
Visit My Farm

Post by ramcminn »

ramcminn wrote:
Cypress Creek Elites wrote: For sure! I’ll put him up for stud, either of you are welcome to use him :)
Thank you so so much! He is gorgeous and I can't wait for the foals! Let me know if I can ever return the favor! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:14 am