The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Quick Idea

KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm

Quick Idea

Post by KingstonDressage »

Hello!

I'm not as active as I use to be on HWO- which is probably for the better- but when I am on, I like to see what's happening in the forum. I especially love when people "blog" about their own horsey adventures! I use to run my own little "blog" about my own horse and his journey to becoming an eventer, but things got way to complicated and personal to explain on the blog, and it kind of died. Anyways, that's aside the point.

Recently, I've been seeing A LOT of "Trainers needed" or "NEED TRAINING HELP" and even some "TRAINER NEEDED ASAP" which seems to sometimes dominate our forum. I had this idea that may help people looking for trainers, as well as unclutterour forum to place newer topics that are not about training.

What if there was either a whole new section (ex: General Chit Chat, Horses for Sale, etc.) for people looking for trainers, as well as trainer themselves! This would it super easy to find trainers that fit with your criteria, and would help our own General Chit Chat section- more about General Chit Chat. If that's not possible, what if there was a big long post as a mock section. Both trainers and people needing trainers can go to that section and quote a trainers "ad". I will link an example here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37603&p=313515#p313515

These are just thoughts! I've been seeing a growing number of these! Thanks for listening- and if you have any idea, comments, or opinions- you can comment them!
Gabby Woodlark
Visit My Farm

Re: Quick Idea

Post by Gabby Woodlark »

KingstonDressage wrote:Hello!

I'm not as active as I use to be on HWO- which is probably for the better- but when I am on, I like to see what's happening in the forum. I especially love when people "blog" about their own horsey adventures! I use to run my own little "blog" about my own horse and his journey to becoming an eventer, but things got way to complicated and personal to explain on the blog, and it kind of died. Anyways, that's aside the point.

Recently, I've been seeing A LOT of "Trainers needed" or "NEED TRAINING HELP" and even some "TRAINER NEEDED ASAP" which seems to sometimes dominate our forum. I had this idea that may help people looking for trainers, as well as unclutterour forum to place newer topics that are not about training.

What if there was either a whole new section (ex: General Chit Chat, Horses for Sale, etc.) for people looking for trainers, as well as trainer themselves! This would it super easy to find trainers that fit with your criteria, and would help our own General Chit Chat section- more about General Chit Chat. If that's not possible, what if there was a big long post as a mock section. Both trainers and people needing trainers can go to that section and quote a trainers "ad". I will link an example here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37603&p=313515#p313515

These are just thoughts! I've been seeing a growing number of these! Thanks for listening- and if you have any idea, comments, or opinions- you can comment them!
Woah! I agree with you! Lately, the General Chit-Chat and other forums have been bulging full with " TRAINERS WANTED/NEEDED TRAINER ASAP!" And such. But then again, who knows what could happen if things get out of hand. Anyway, cool idea! I hope it will be added!
Emlyn
Visit My Farm

Post by Emlyn »

Another Idea is by looking through the forms for training facilities that are open. If the price is too high there is always the art of negotiation. :]
like to be a lady living in the country with lots of horses and dogs.”
― Queen Elizabeth II

rosie0922
Visit My Farm

Post by rosie0922 »

Love this idea!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 pm