Community Forum

GoGallop Breed All Rare Breeds

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Hilayla
Visit My Farm

Re: GoGallop Breed All Rare Breeds

Post by Hilayla »

RummyTummy wrote: Do you have any purebred mongolian mares i could borrow with a good eval for a sumba? I found a 5* star chinese pony stud (The recipe for Sumba is Mongolian x Chinese pony) This one should be easy since they're both pretty similar in their body-type, i'm pretty sure.

Thanks!
I have a Sumba X Mongoian colt on my side I can let you have if you are interested. They and Kathiawaris will be next projects once I get all my other things sorted out.

EJBreeding
Visit My Farm

Re: First Update: Pahlavan

Post by EJBreeding »

RummyTummy wrote:
EJBreeding wrote:

Easy! I actually tried to make one but It didn't turn out :?

But that's cool that you made one! Love to see more of this breed in the future of HWO
I didn't really have high hopes cause both the parents didn't have the right height. They were both too tall :lol: I actually popped 2 mares that night. The first foal was a fail.

That's cool! I have tried making a Pahlavan about ten times now. I actually recently tried one with my friends mare who was 5* and the stud that you used but it didn't work again. I will probably try again in the future but for now I might focus on making other breeds. As a matter of a fact I was gonna make a grade pony since I have a 4* or 5* Chickasaw mare but I can't find the right stallion so I'm going to have to look harder ig.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

RummyTummy wrote:I really appreciate the effort your putting in to helping me! I can be quite bad when it comes to turning a lighter build horse to a more medium or heavy build. So I means a lot to me that your doing it for me!

I'll definitely borrow the first tarpan × Mongolian since the height requirement is 12.3hh to 14.0hh, and the horse is 12.3hh after all. And if it doesn't really work out, I may try with the 2nd tarpan cross.

Do you have any purebred mongolian mares i could borrow with a good eval for a sumba? I found a 5* star chinese pony stud (The recipe for Sumba is Mongolian x Chinese pony) This one should be easy since they're both pretty similar in their body-type, i'm pretty sure.

Thanks!
Of course! I want to help out others as much as I can, and I think banding together to make rarer breeds is a good thing.

Anyway, I think there's a very specific way to slowly make horses heavier via feed, but I didn't end up reading too much into it. The way I know of is crossbreeding and very choicely only keeping the heavier foals of each generation to continually breed back into the original breed. It'd probably be an odd BelgianxArabian mixture for a while; I might mess with it later but I'm more eager to see what I can do right now than dive into that.

I'll put her up as soon as she pops, which'll probably be tonight. Edit: Another rehomed grade foal (big sigh). She's up for offers. $1 is fine.

And as for Mongolian mares, I have the following two:
[E] Glowing Outline
[E] Jester

No idea as to their evals for Sumba, so let me know if either match well and I'll loan 'em to you. :) If they don't match then note that I'm working on making some improved Tarpans for better Mongolians in the future, but it's probably gonna take a long while.

====================================================
EJBreeding wrote:That's cool! I have tried making a Pahlavan about ten times now. I actually recently tried one with my friends mare who was 5* and the stud that you used but it didn't work again. I will probably try again in the future but for now I might focus on making other breeds. As a matter of a fact I was gonna make a grade pony since I have a 4* or 5* Chickasaw mare but I can't find the right stallion so I'm going to have to look harder ig.
Last edited by EclipticEnd on July 11th, 2022, 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
EJBreeding
Visit My Farm

Post by EJBreeding »

EclipticEnd wrote:
RummyTummy wrote:I really appreciate the effort your putting in to helping me! I can be quite bad when it comes to turning a lighter build horse to a more medium or heavy build. So I means a lot to me that your doing it for me!

I'll definitely borrow the first tarpan × Mongolian since the height requirement is 12.3hh to 14.0hh, and the horse is 12.3hh after all. And if it doesn't really work out, I may try with the 2nd tarpan cross.

Do you have any purebred mongolian mares i could borrow with a good eval for a sumba? I found a 5* star chinese pony stud (The recipe for Sumba is Mongolian x Chinese pony) This one should be easy since they're both pretty similar in their body-type, i'm pretty sure.

Thanks!
Of course! I want to help out others as much as I can, and I think banding together to make rarer breeds is a good thing.

Anyway, I think there's a very specific way to slowly make horses heavier via feed, but I didn't end up reading too much into it. The way I know of is crossbreeding and very choicely only keeping the heavier foals of each generation to continually breed back into the original breed. It'd probably be an odd BelgianxArabian mixture for a while; I might mess with it later but I'm more eager to see what I can do right now than dive into that.

I'll put her up as soon as she pops, which'll probably be tonight. Edit: Another rehomed grade foal (big sigh). She's up for offers. $1 is fine.

[E] Glowing Outline
[E] Jester

No idea as to their evals for Sumba, so let me know if either match well and I'll loan 'em to you. :) If they don't match then note that I'm working on making some improved Tarpans for better Mongolians in the future, but it's probably gonna take a long while.

EJBreeding wrote:That's cool! I have tried making a Pahlavan about ten times now. I actually recently tried one with my friends mare who was 5* and the stud that you used but it didn't work again. I will probably try again in the future but for now I might focus on making other breeds. As a matter of a fact I was gonna make a grade pony since I have a 4* or 5* Chickasaw mare but I can't find the right stallion so I'm going to have to look harder ig.
Yeah, breeding's rough even with 5* evals. I have two 5* horses for West African Barb that I've repeatedly been pairing and out of nearly ten matches I've only gotten one WAB. My other pair, both 4* evals if I remember right, have also only produced one out of nine or so pairings. Sometimes the odds are brutal even when they should be in your favor. In any case, good luck with your breeding!

Agreed. I have been more successful with breeding in the past so hopefully I will be able to breed some un-common breeds soon! Good luck with your project/s as well!
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyTummy »

EJBreeding wrote:
RummyTummy wrote:
I didn't really have high hopes cause both the parents didn't have the right height. They were both too tall :lol: I actually popped 2 mares that night. The first foal was a fail.

That's cool! I have tried making a Pahlavan about ten times now. I actually recently tried one with my friends mare who was 5* and the stud that you used but it didn't work again. I will probably try again in the future but for now I might focus on making other breeds. As a matter of a fact I was gonna make a grade pony since I have a 4* or 5* Chickasaw mare but I can't find the right stallion so I'm going to have to look harder ig.
Well whenever you try and breed a Pahlavan again I can loan you the mare I used :D
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyTummy »

EclipticEnd wrote:

Thanks!

[E] Glowing Outline
[E] Jester

Yeah, breeding's rough even with 5* evals. I have two 5* horses for West African Barb that I've repeatedly been pairing and out of nearly ten matches I've only gotten one WAB. My other pair, both 4* evals if I remember right, have also only produced one out of nine or so pairings. Sometimes the odds are brutal even when they should be in your favor. In any case, good luck with your breeding!
Both the mongolians are 5* Sumbas! Do you mind if I loan both?
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

2nd Update: Working on! *Updated*

Post by RummyTummy »

With the help of many people I am capable to move to breeding some new breeds. I have started many more easy-looking (I hope :lol: ) projects. Including the following horses:

- Sumba (78)
- Altai (63)
- Swedish Ardennais (17)

- The Sumba -
The recipe for the Sumba is quite simple. It is:
Mongolian x Chinese Pony
I was lucky enough to find a 5* Chinese Pony stud, and possibly loan two 5* Mongolian mares from EclipticEnd! (Still waiting for answer)

- The Altai -
The recipe for the Altai is also very Taparny/Mongoliany :lol: It is:
Tarpan x [ Tarpan x Mongolian ]
I will be borrowing a 4* [ Tarpan x Mongolian ] mare from EclipticEnd and will be using a 5* Stud.

- The Swedish Ardennais -
This guy should be easy... right? The recipe is:
Ardennais x North Swedish Horse
I found a bunch of 4* Ardennais studs. I'll just have to pick from them :lol: I also have a 5* NSH Mare i bought from HL2001 ;)
Have a nice day/night
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

3rd update: Fail...

Post by RummyTummy »

Hi! We have a new foal! 3... 2... 2! Reveal!

"Oh... I don't think that's the right breed..."
"Why not?"
"Um, well,"
"Oh! It's supposed to be a spanish ardennais!"
"Yup it's supposed to be one"
"Well turns it it just might be a little too small for one"
"Just might?! Apparently it's gonna be like 5.0hh too short!"
"Maybe check the parents..."
"Only the dad is 0.2hh too tall"
"Might aswell just do plan-b, next stallion here we come!"

Breeding can be a pain. But don't give up.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

RummyTummy wrote:Both the mongolians are 5* Sumbas! Do you mind if I loan both?
Go for it; I'll put them up right now. Don't worry about aging them a lot as I can always make more.
RummyTummy
Visit My Farm

Post by RummyTummy »

EclipticEnd wrote:
RummyTummy wrote:Both the mongolians are 5* Sumbas! Do you mind if I loan both?
Go for it; I'll put them up right now. Don't worry about aging them a lot as I can always make more.
Offered! Thanks again!
Become a Patron!