Community Forum

New breed creation

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
K's Eventing
Posts: 50
Joined: July 26th, 2022, 9:34 pm
Visit My Farm

New breed creation

Postby K's Eventing » January 22nd, 2023, 6:13 pm

I have a question about creating a breed from scratch. Would you need to unlock the quest for breeding the breed to breed the breed?

rosie0922
Premium
Premium
Posts: 695
Joined: August 21st, 2016, 10:35 am
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby rosie0922 » January 23rd, 2023, 7:03 am

K's Eventing wrote:I have a question about creating a breed from scratch. Would you need to unlock the quest for breeding the breed to breed the breed?

No. You just need to match the the horse breeds to the recipe found with the help tab, breeds wiki, and start. It truly does take patience though and it's a good idea to buy the book for that breed so that with each step you can get as close as possible to 5*.

K's Eventing
Posts: 50
Joined: July 26th, 2022, 9:34 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby K's Eventing » January 23rd, 2023, 1:57 pm

rosie0922 wrote:
K's Eventing wrote:I have a question about creating a breed from scratch. Would you need to unlock the quest for breeding the breed to breed the breed?

No. You just need to match the the horse breeds to the recipe found with the help tab, breeds wiki, and start. It truly does take patience though and it's a good idea to buy the book for that breed so that with each step you can get as close as possible to 5*.

What breed book would I need?
I am breeding for a Cleveland Bay, so would I need the Cleveland bay book for the horses that I will be breeding to create the Cleveland Bay?

rosie0922
Premium
Premium
Posts: 695
Joined: August 21st, 2016, 10:35 am
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby rosie0922 » January 23rd, 2023, 3:00 pm

K's Eventing wrote:
rosie0922 wrote:
K's Eventing wrote:I have a question about creating a breed from scratch. Would you need to unlock the quest for breeding the breed to breed the breed?

No. You just need to match the the horse breeds to the recipe found with the help tab, breeds wiki, and start. It truly does take patience though and it's a good idea to buy the book for that breed so that with each step you can get as close as possible to 5*.

What breed book would I need?
I am breeding for a Cleveland Bay, so would I need the Cleveland bay book for the horses that I will be breeding to create the Cleveland Bay?


Yes. That would be best. If I'm starting further back by having to breed other breeds to get there then I'll usually buy multiple books as needed and try to get as close as I can to my goal with all my horses.

K's Eventing
Posts: 50
Joined: July 26th, 2022, 9:34 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby K's Eventing » January 23rd, 2023, 5:16 pm

rosie0922 wrote:
K's Eventing wrote:
rosie0922 wrote:No. You just need to match the the horse breeds to the recipe found with the help tab, breeds wiki, and start. It truly does take patience though and it's a good idea to buy the book for that breed so that with each step you can get as close as possible to 5*.

What breed book would I need?
I am breeding for a Cleveland Bay, so would I need the Cleveland bay book for the horses that I will be breeding to create the Cleveland Bay?


Yes. That would be best. If I'm starting further back by having to breed other breeds to get there then I'll usually buy multiple books as needed and try to get as close as I can to my goal with all my horses.

Thank you for the help!

K's Eventing
Posts: 50
Joined: July 26th, 2022, 9:34 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby K's Eventing » January 24th, 2023, 9:22 pm

rosie0922 wrote: Ping

Hi, rosie0922, sorry to bother you again. I have another question about breeding. Do the AC stocks have to be close to or 5* too?

User avatar
Gabby_Woodlark
Posts: 2712
Joined: May 21st, 2022, 9:53 pm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby Gabby_Woodlark » January 24th, 2023, 9:30 pm

K's Eventing wrote:
22 wrote: Ping

Hi, rosie0922, sorry to bother you again. I have another question about breeding. Do the AC stocks have to be close to or 5* too?

Not to barge in, but anything over 3* has the potential to make a new breed :)

K's Eventing
Posts: 50
Joined: July 26th, 2022, 9:34 pm
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby K's Eventing » January 24th, 2023, 9:36 pm

Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
K's Eventing wrote:
22 wrote: Ping

Hi, rosie0922, sorry to bother you again. I have another question about breeding. Do the AC stocks have to be close to or 5* too?

Not to barge in, but anything over 3* has the potential to make a new breed :)

I am aware, thank you, but does that apply to AC stock? I test them and the ones I end up with are mainly 5* for their breed and n/a for a different breed I am trying to breed for.

User avatar
Gabby_Woodlark
Posts: 2712
Joined: May 21st, 2022, 9:53 pm
Location: Ehem... My soul is inside my body if that's what you're asking.
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby Gabby_Woodlark » January 24th, 2023, 10:06 pm

K's Eventing wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
K's Eventing wrote:Hi, rosie0922, sorry to bother you again. I have another question about breeding. Do the AC stocks have to be close to or 5* too?

Not to barge in, but anything over 3* has the potential to make a new breed :)

I am aware, thank you, but does that apply to AC stock? I test them and the ones I end up with are mainly 5* for their breed and n/a for a different breed I am trying to breed for.

AC stock doesn't have any exceptions when it comes to eval :D

rosie0922
Premium
Premium
Posts: 695
Joined: August 21st, 2016, 10:35 am
Visit My Farm

Re: New breed creation

Postby rosie0922 » January 25th, 2023, 5:51 am

K's Eventing wrote:
Gabby_Woodlark wrote:
K's Eventing wrote:Hi, rosie0922, sorry to bother you again. I have another question about breeding. Do the AC stocks have to be close to or 5* too?

Not to barge in, but anything over 3* has the potential to make a new breed :)

I am aware, thank you, but does that apply to AC stock? I test them and the ones I end up with are mainly 5* for their breed and n/a for a different breed I am trying to breed for.

So that's where it's probably important to backtrack and buy the breed book for that breed and evaluate them for that to begin with. Then you may have to breed those horses, once you have them, to a grade horse that's more like a CB to get horses that are more likely to work in the recipe.


Return to “Gameplay Questions & Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Become a Patron!