The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Miniature Horse Breeders

Until registries are in place the Breeding Communities forum will be for players to work together towards creating or improving their favourite breeds.
Forum rules
Each breed may have only one topic. The first post in the topic is to be informative. It should help explain the breed, and breeding goals; advice on how to select mares and stallions; and links to ideal Stallions available for breeding.
Keeping a directory of breeders working on the same goal is also helpful.
All new threads must be approved.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Miniature Horse Breeders

Post by EclipticEnd »

Hiya! This is an officially unofficial Mini Horse club.

If you're in the business of breeding Minis or horses associated with them in this game, such as Falabellas which are a recipe horse to them, you're very welcome here! If you're wanting to breed them then you're welcome to join as well. If you just have an interest in the breed and want to see it become more popular, this is still your place.

Any and all players are welcome to join the Mini bandwagon!

I myself am going to be temporarily breeding them in order to help the HWO numbers grow. Because I won't be holding an eternal interest in this breed, I'm making this very casual and unofficial. No member lists and registries will be found here as my place in this club will be temporary. I hope to see it flourish long after I leave.

Feel free to pop a comment in this club to welcome yourself into it. We're here to work together for the betterment of this breed in order to increase the population and quality of these horses. If you're having financial issues, you're free to ask for funds. If you need advice, you're free to ask.

Welcome, Mini breeders, and prosper.
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Re: Miniature Horse Breeders

Post by EclipticEnd »

horsegirl008 wrote:Here's a breeding community!
I'm going to be working on this breed to help satisfy the supply/demand issue that we've been having as well as to help improve a variety of breeds along the way.

I'll be starting by improving Shetlands to a higher HGP point as well as a better evaluation for both Falabellas and Miniatures. I've already acquired two mares for this purpose. I'm going to try to get them over the 60,000 HGP threshold if at all possible; the recipe to a high quality breed is an even higher quality of recipe horses after all.

After the Shetlands I'll be either getting some 50% Falabellas and breeding them to pure or else I'll be working up the breed tree from Sorraia to Carthusian to Andalusian to Criollo and finally to Falabellas. The former option will certainly be a lot easier but may result in a higher COI percentage.

With that done I plan to go ahead and fit the Falas to the Mini evals (which they're close to naturally) and then I'll breed up some Minis to be distributed to the Miniature Horse breeding community in the game (found via this topic). Once done, I plan to pass over any recipe horses to anyone who's interested in them and then move on to a different breed.

By all means be a leader for other breeders here and organize some competitions and breeding campaigns to help increase breed awareness. I'll help out as needed. : )
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

EclipticEnd wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote:Here's a breeding community!
I'm going to be working on this breed to help satisfy the supply/demand issue that we've been having as well as to help improve a variety of breeds along the way.

I'll be starting by improving Shetlands to a higher HGP point as well as a better evaluation for both Falabellas and Miniatures. I've already acquired two mares for this purpose. I'm going to try to get them over the 60,000 HGP threshold if at all possible; the recipe to a high quality breed is an even higher quality of recipe horses after all.

After the Shetlands I'll be either getting some 50% Falabellas and breeding them to pure or else I'll be working up the breed tree from Sorraia to Carthusian to Andalusian to Criollo and finally to Falabellas. The former option will certainly be a lot easier but may result in a higher COI percentage.

With that done I plan to go ahead and fit the Falas to the Mini evals (which they're close to naturally) and then I'll breed up some Minis to be distributed to the Miniature Horse breeding community in the game (found via this topic). Once done, I plan to pass over any recipe horses to anyone who's interested in them and then move on to a different breed.

By all means be a leader for other breeders here and organize some competitions and breeding campaigns to help increase breed awareness. I'll help out as needed. : )
This is fantastic!! I am so excited :D Let me know if you need any Miniatures, since I have several on my side account! Also, I'll probably be doing the majority of my posts and everything off my side account since that's where I keep my minis. I'll ping a couple people that I know of who are interested in breeding minis :)
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

ScarlettDeath wrote:Ping
Read the first post - I know you'll be excited ;)
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Enchanted Equine wrote:Ping
Read the first post :)
I know you were working on breeding Shetlands, so I thought maybe you'd be interested in breeding Miniatures ;)
Enchanted Equine
Visit My Farm

Post by Enchanted Equine »

horsegirl008 wrote:
Enchanted Equine wrote:Ping
Read the first post :)
I know you were working on breeding Shetlands, so I thought maybe you'd be interested in breeding Miniatures ;)
I would definitely consider it! I used to have a huge herd of minis actually, but then I got obsessed with keeping low COI and it didn’t work out LOL. But I will need to find some Falabellas to breed with and then I’m good to go!
ScarlettDeath
Visit My Farm

Post by ScarlettDeath »

horsegirl008 wrote:
ScarlettDeath wrote:Ping
Read the first post - I know you'll be excited ;)
Thank you so much! :D
ScarlettDeath
Visit My Farm

Post by ScarlettDeath »

Hiya! I am so excited that this club was made bc i just got into the business of breeding minis and was hoping more players would join in!
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

It'll probably take me a while to make my way to Minis since I want to start up a fresh batch that aren't immediately related to any of the current ones, which ideally would mean making brand new Falabellas which in itself is a bit of a process.

It's going to be a long breeding line. A lot of the breeds aren't readily for sale so it'll be a lot of from-scratch producing.

I've already gotten started with some Shetland breeding. I'd love to end up with 60k+ HGP Shetlands, but that's going to take a lot of work. It's already going to be a process just getting them into more of a Mini/Fala friendly evaluation since Shetlands are like tiny drafts and Minis/Falas are more like tiny horses. You're welcome to watch my progress if you want; I'll be keeping them on this account in Barns/Pastures labeled 9. I'll be trying to get a little group that evaluates well for both breeds and I'll keep a few and sell the rest.

I'm hoping to reach an end goal of 60k+ HGP Miniatures and Falabellas which I then intend to sell and/or pass over to active breeders for those breeds. Same with the Shetlands though they will be made to fit the Mini/Fala breeding guidelines rather than the Shetland ones.
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

Enchanted Equine wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: Read the first post :)
I would definitely consider it! I used to have a huge herd of minis actually, but then I got obsessed with keeping low COI and it didn’t work out LOL. But I will need to find some Falabellas to breed with and then I’m good to go!
Haha, sounds great! :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:03 am

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:03 am