The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Testing the waters...

crunchy
Visit My Farm

Testing the waters...

Post by crunchy »

I have this amazing horse here

named Lemon and was wondering what he would be worth Champed to a SMGC in Steeplechase?
horsesfurever
Visit My Farm

Re: Testing the waters...

Post by horsesfurever »

crunchy wrote:I have this amazing horse here

named Lemon and was wondering what he would be worth Champed to a SMGC in Steeplechase?
From my experience, and from what I've read around here, it really depends. A common misconception is that the ranking a horse has makes it more valuable, but that is not always the case. You can champ a horse to the highest ranking if you have enough patience for it, even if the horse isn't winning the events it is entered in. On the flip side, your horse could have a really high winning percentage. If that is the case, then it would make him of much higher value. If he's good enough, he might even break a record, which would bring his value up even more. Ultimately, though, the title doesn't mean as much as the win percentage, so champing him would only be worth your time if he is actually good at Steeplechasing. There are plenty of ways to figure this out, either by looking at his stats or entering him in a couple trial competitions.
In the end, it's your decision, but that's my input. I hope it helped! :)
Equine Excellence

High Quality Friesians, Rare Breeds, and More!

Co-Founder of the Realistic Arabian Breeding Association (RABA)
Member of the Norwegian Fjord Breeding Registry (NFBR)
crunchy
Visit My Farm

Post by crunchy »

horsesfurever wrote:
crunchy wrote:I have this amazing horse here

From my experience, and from what I've read around here, it really depends. A common misconception is that the ranking a horse has makes it more valuable, but that is not always the case. You can champ a horse to the highest ranking if you have enough patience for it, even if the horse isn't winning the events it is entered in. On the flip side, your horse could have a really high winning percentage. If that is the case, then it would make him of much higher value. If he's good enough, he might even break a record, which would bring his value up even more. Ultimately, though, the title doesn't mean as much as the win percentage, so champing him would only be worth your time if he is actually good at Steeplechasing. There are plenty of ways to figure this out, either by looking at his stats or entering him in a couple trial competitions.
In the end, it's your decision, but that's my input. I hope it helped! :)
It really did thanks so much! :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

That is an excellent explanation. Also what I would have said.

As an added aside, entering him in competitions and him proving to be worse then the untested consideration that he might have had, might actually decrease his value. It's always a gamble when we do, versus when we don't.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
crunchy
Visit My Farm

Post by crunchy »

BlackOak2 wrote:That is an excellent explanation. Also what I would have said.

As an added aside, entering him in competitions and him proving to be worse then the untested consideration that he might have had, might actually decrease his value. It's always a gamble when we do, versus when we don't.
True True.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:43 pm

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:43 pm