Premium
Visit My Farm

How-to: Train Fast & Effectively | My Method

Post by Sawd10 »

Related Links:
Feed For Weight and Temperament
Champing Guide
Discipline Information

In this guide I'll be covering how I train, general training guidelines, and it also includes a step-by-step follow along. The Related Links are links related to training or a trained horse.

Introductory Snippet

Training is a fairly long progress, and it's not anything that many players would consider a fun one. But, while it is that, it's also very rewarding because you can train a horse whenever you please, and you don't have to send them to training and wait for them to come back who knows when. It's boring sometimes, but it is either boredom or not having the ability to train your horses yourself; your choice.
The underlined titles are different topics, and the smaller titles that are not underlined are subsections.

General Training Guidelines

The general training requirements are not hard to follow, but you can always change them to your liking.

Stat Percentages

The general percent in each stat that makes a horse considered "fully trained" is 90%. If a horse is trained 90% in each stat it is then considered a fully trained horse. However, most players train them to at least 99%, while I go to at least 99.1%.

Weight & Temperament

If you are thinking of opening a training center in the forums, you should know that most every trainer changes the weight and temperament of the trainee to the owner's liking. However, you aren't entitled to do so. It's a general guideline, but not a rule. Because players are sending their horses training so that the horse can get trained, not to get the weight & temperament done. Some players are getting their horse trained so they can compete it, and you need a horse at the right weight and temperament for it to reach it's full potential in a discipline. So, if you know how, I suggest you offer weight & temperament. To learn how to do weight & temperament, click on the link listed under "Related Links" at the top of this page titled "Feeding For Weight and Temperament.
If I am training for a player then I always offer the weight and temperament so that I can provide the player with all my services. They also don't need to age the horse to get it at the desired weight & temperament.

Pictures

The general date that a player would take pictures is every year. Pictures aren't a big deal, but some players want their horse's pictures taken so they can see the progress, which is understandable. People also often do none at all, every 6 months, or at the start and end. A lot of players desire the pictures every 6 months, but I, personally, don't offer that. It's too many pictures for me, and sometimes I forget to reload the page and check the age. I offer every year, start and end, or none at all. Whichever of the three my client would prefer.

Pricing

If you are interested in training for players, sometimes you don't know how to price your services. If a player can train under 3 years, the general pricing is 50k. But keep in mind the other factors that come in such as how many times you come on per week, how fast you train in real life, and what else you offer. If it takes a player longer than 3 years to train a horse the general pricing is 30k.
I can train as fast as 2 years, 2 months and I've charged (on my mass training forum page) as little as 35k. It's just whatever you want to price your services at. My price is very flimsy, it never really stays the same as it varies for each client. Though my base price is 50k, I've trained free of charge, I've been paid $10, 100k, 500k, a few million. I am currently only training upon request (private), and there is no base price. Sometimes I'll just train it for free. The whole of the pricing is more of a 'whatever you feel is best' basis (meaning players generally price their training at what they think is fair), but if you are a new trainer, 30k-50k is a good pricing to start out with and get the hang of it.

How I Train

In this section I'll be going through my setup & method. It also includes a step-by-step guide.

Setup

My setup is a very simple one, but I thought I'd go ahead and mention it. I've tried a couple setups, but none that work as good as this one. I'm sure others use a setup just like this one I've made up for my own liking, however, I've never heard of it. So perhaps sharing this will be helpful for the community.

I have three tabs open when training a horse. My grinders barn, my trainee, and an extra farm tab. All in that order. All the way on the left you should have your grinder page up, in the middle your trainee page, and on the right an extra tab settled on my farm.
As shown:

Left: GRINDER - Middle: TRAINEE - Right: EXTRA TAB

The setup is easy to prepare, and easy to maneuver. Once you get the tabs situated, begin training and turning days. The extra tab is used to reload and check new foals, look at the forums, or whatever else you might do whilst training. After checking new foals (if you have any or if you are breeding at all), do the horse's days worth of training lessons. Finally just take a turn and repeat the steps. That's it. Nothing hard to learn, easy to use, effective.
I've heard of those who also jump through tabs easily by using a special key input on their keyboard, I don't personally do that (as the setup is easy enough. I never really got into it) but it is an option for those who like to do that.
On Google or Windows: ctrl + page up/page down
On a Mac: ⌘ + Option + Right arrow/Left arrow

Step-by-step Guide

Please welcome part Württemburger filly $ℱ~ Hazel Sonnet! She'll be our guide trainee, so kudos to her participation.

Training information:
Started: 5m
Ended: 2yrs, 8m (to 9.5m for Weight)
W: M-MF
T: C
P: S/E

5m - 5 months
W - Weight
T - Temperament
P - Pictures
M-MF - Moderate to Moderately Fleshy
C - Calm
S/E - Start and end

DISCLAIMER: Those who do not have a lot of training skills done will train slower and won't be able to advance to the next step on the same day I do in this session.

To start off, I transferred her from my side account and made sure she was in the paddock I train horses in.
This is my training method I created using the general one and then changing it to my liking.

I then started on the first step. Increasing that Stamina. (Arena, Walk, Lunge on the Flat, as long as possible) She couldn't do 30 minutes on the first day, so I did 20 minutes and 5 minutes. The same goes for the second day. I took the third turn.
On the third day, the extra tab in my setup came to use. One of my mares foaled and I was able to reload the page and check out the foal there, instead of going to the foal via the same tab my grinder or trainee is on and then having to set it up again. So it's helpful. On this third day, she still did 20 minutes and 5 minutes, but she was close to being able to do one 30 minute session.

On the fourth day she was able to do one 30 minute session. Yay. I actually forgot to feed her, though, so she didn't have energy to do it. This will affect the Stamina %. I put her on 100% Weight Gain Mix. I have training skills, hence my training goes by faster. Your's may not go as quickly, but if you keep working on those stats you'll soon be able to do it just as fast. On the fifth turn, she could still only do one 30 minute session. That's all right, though. She's getting there slowly. I suppose she's not used to this kind of work. You have to build up that Stamina so that the trainee can do more.
This next day we repeated her work, one 30 minute training session. I aged another day. At this time (sixth day) she was able to do 30 minutes one time and it took 90% energy. Higher than usual at that point since I messed up the feeding, but not a big deal. Of course it would be if you were training for a player, but since this is simply an example horse I'll be using for breeding it doesn't matter quite as much.

On the seventh day, we switch to another activity. This activity will be Arena, Walk, Collection and Impulsion, as long as the trainee can do it. We do this until the Stamina and Intelligence stats are maxed out. I go until at least 99.1%. Your trainee should have at least 18% Stamina when you switch to this activity. Today she was able to do one 30 minute training lesson.
Day eight I was able to get her to do a 30 minute and a 5 minute lesson. The Stamina is increasing! Same goes for day nine and ten. On day eleven I was close to doing a 30 minute and a 10 minute, but not quite. On day twelve I was able to do a 30 minute session and two 5 minute sessions. Not sure why, but it did not let me do the 10 minute sessions, just two 5 minute sessions.
Now on day thirteen I was finally able to do one 30 minute session and one 10 minute session. All in due time, I suppose. Day fourteen was identical to the previous one, and so was day fifteen. Luckily, however, at the end of day fifteen, she is closer to being able to do a 5 minute session... it was red, now it is yellow. Day sixteen she was able to do a 30 minute session, a 10 minute session, and a 5 minute session. I turned the day. On the seventeenth day she repeated. Close to doing a 30 and a 20. Eighteen was another repeat, but I checked on her feeding job by reloading her page. She was Very Fat and Spirited, so I put the Weight Gain Mix down to 55%, right below the bar line for Sugar. This will lower her temperament and weight, but she won't lose energy and not be able to do work.

On the nineteenth day she was able to do a 30 minute session and a 20 minute session. Going pretty well so far. Day 20 was the same. I aged yet another day. Getting close to the one year mark. Day 21 she was able to do almost an hour of training- 30 minutes, 20 minutes, and 5 minutes. The next day (22) she was able to do a full hour of training. Good job, Hazel Sonnet! By this time she has 58% Stamina and 51% Intelligence.
The twenty-third she did an hour of training. By this time (the twenty-fourth) it has been roughly a year. She was able to do an hour and five minutes of training. (two 30 minutes, one 5). The twenty-fifth was an hour and ten.

I'll be speeding up to when the Stamina and Intelligence is maxed out, with some additional information in places if needed.

Day 26 - could do three 30 minute training sessions.
Day 28 - was Fat and Calm, so I bumped up her Weight Gain mix from 55% to 60%, right on the line.
I lost track of the days. Uh oh.
I used the setup a lot because my mares were giving birth in this new year.
She was Very Fat and Spirited, so I once again put her Weight Gain Mix down to 55%, right below the Sugar line.
The Stamina and Intelligence are now 99.1%+.

Now that the Stamina and Intelligence are maxed out, we are going to be switching to the next activity. That being, Arena, Walk, Ground Poles, as long as the trainee can do it, until the Movement is maxed out. In this time Tempo will also be maxed out.
Since her Movement was brought up a lot in that past activity, Collection and Impulsion, it won't be too long before the Movement is maxed out. On the second day of Ground Poles (the first only being a half day or so- used leftover energy from the day I maxed out Intelligence and Stamina.) the Movement was already at almost 96%. The third day of Ground Poles the Movement was almost 98%. Training has become very easy for Hazel now that the Stamina is maxed out.
Note that I also had to put her feed down to 50% as her Sugar bar requirements moved down the scale, thus the 55% was right on the line, raising the temperament.

The next day of Ground Poles she had 98.8% Movement. The next day (and final for Ground Poles) she used 40% of her energy to max out that Movement. (99.1% - Tempo was also maxed out in this time.) Now it's time to use that extra 60% in our next activity. Arena, Walk, Jumping Obstacles, as long as she can until Strength and Agility (as well as Balance) are maxed out. The Agility is the fastest rising stat throughout training here; it moves to around 60%+-ish in one day.

The next day of Jumping Obstacles work, Hazel had about 96.1% Strength and 76.7% Agility. I'll also mention 97.8% Balance. This next day the Agility reached 90%. I then aged another day. On the third day of Jumping Obstacles the Balance was maxed out, and Strength and Agility were closely behind.
For the next day, Strength was maxed out, and Agility was at 98.3%. Just a little more of this. The next day Agility was maxed out. Nice job, Hazel, just one more stat to go.

For the final activity, Hazel Sonnet has to do Arena, Gallop, Lunge on the Flat, as long as she can until Speed is maxed out.
She had 25% leftover energy from today, so I switched to this Speed activity and, using the last of the energy, the Speed went from 79.2% to 85.4%. The next day it hit the 90% mark. After one day more her Speed was maxed out. Hazel Sonnet is now FULLY trained.

Training Guide

I've been able to train as fast as 6 or 7 minutes with this method, and as fast as 2 years, 2 months.
The breakdown:

Step 1 ~ Arena, Walk, Lunge on the Flat until Stamina hits 18%
Step 2 ~ Arena, Walk, Collection and Impulsion until Stamina & Intelligence are maxed out
Step 3 ~ Arena, Walk, Ground Poles until Movement & Tempo are maxed out
Step 4 ~ Arena, Walk, Jumping Obstacles until Strength, Agility, & Balance are maxed out
Step 5 ~ Arena, Gallop, Lunge on the Flat until Speed is maxed out

Extras

How I Maxed Out My Stats

- Max out Basic Training Bonus (10.00%)
- Max out Training Intensity Reduction (-40.00%)
- Max out Stamina (40.00%)
- Max out Intelligence (40.00%)
- Max out Movement (40.00%)
- Max out Strength (40.00%)
- Max out Speed (40.00%)
- Max out Agility (40.00%)
- Max out Tempo (40.00%)
- Max out Balance (40.00%)

I'd say that pretty much everything was covered, or at least everything I thought to be important. If more comes into play during training (such as when the competition and training updates come out) I will edit this post with the new information. Otherwise, I should hope this helped you with your training.
If you have any questions or such, please post here, but do not quote this post please & thank you.
Last edited by Sawd10 on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 14 times in total.
A wise man once said nothing at all.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: How to train a horse FAST! By Sawd10

Post by Sawd10 »

HorzeLover101 wrote:Thought you might be interested in seeing this
0livia
Visit My Farm

Post by 0livia »

Sawd10 wrote:Hello.
Please read the description of the video for more information. I am going to edit the video and speed it up, add music, etc. but I haven't got the chance! I know it's kinda long, but once I edit it it'll be great!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH_rJX ... NAa761vFuQ There is the link! Enjoy. (((That's not the fastest I have trained)))
Just wondering, what are your training stats??
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

0livia wrote:
Sawd10 wrote:Hello.
Please read the description of the video for more information. I am going to edit the video and speed it up, add music, etc. but I haven't got the chance! I know it's kinda long, but once I edit it it'll be great!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH_rJX ... NAa761vFuQ There is the link! Enjoy. (((That's not the fastest I have trained)))
Just wondering, what are your training stats??
It's in the video. :D It is taking me forever to do stats because it takes like 10 days. I'm WORKING on it though! :D
0livia
Visit My Farm

Post by 0livia »

Sawd10 wrote:
0livia wrote: Just wondering, what are your training stats??
It's in the video. :D It is taking me forever to do stats because it takes like 10 days. I'm WORKING on it though! :D
I was just about to say I saw them :lol: I’m working on my stats too. Rn my goal is to get them all to 20% (should take about 5-7 days) then max out stamina. Thank you for taking time out of your day to make this video and I bet it will be helpful to the community and would also be a nice addition to your website :)
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

0livia wrote:
Sawd10 wrote: It's in the video. :D It is taking me forever to do stats because it takes like 10 days. I'm WORKING on it though! :D
I was just about to say I saw them :lol: I’m working on my stats too. Rn my goal is to get them all to 20% (should take about 5-7 days) then max out stamina. Thank you for taking time out of your day to make this video and I bet it will be helpful to the community and would also be a nice addition to your website :)
Thank you! :D I am going to add it to the website soon
KYTrainer
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by KYTrainer »

Sawd10 wrote:
0livia wrote: I was just about to say I saw them :lol: I’m working on my stats too. Rn my goal is to get them all to 20% (should take about 5-7 days) then max out stamina. Thank you for taking time out of your day to make this video and I bet it will be helpful to the community and would also be a nice addition to your website :)
Thank you! :D I am going to add it to the website soon
Can I buy {OVS} Drift?
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

KYTrainer wrote:
Sawd10 wrote: Thank you! :D I am going to add it to the website soon
Can I buy {OVS} Drift?
Sure! What's your offer?