Community Forum

And now, the what color is my horse forum!

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
bumblebee
Visit My Farm

Re: And now, the what color is my horse forum!

Post by bumblebee »

A Dunalino wouldn't have any black on their body or legs. The silver trait, which only needs one copy to be visible, would cause the lighter mane and tail.
Concolor
Visit My Farm

Post by Concolor »

Millwood wrote:Can't be prlprl, the sire is palomino(or pally dun), so no pearl, and even if there was pearl in the dam line somewhere it's wouldn't put a light red mane and tail on a red dun
Since Pearl is a recessive gene, it's entirely possible that the sire and dam are Prlprl -- one copy of Pearl has no phenotypical effect on the horse. prlprl can and does put a light red (aka, Apricot) mane and tail on an ee horse (also light red coat and pale skin).
Concolor
Visit My Farm

Post by Concolor »

bumblebee wrote:A Dunalino wouldn't have any black on their body or legs. The silver trait, which only needs one copy to be visible, would cause the lighter mane and tail.
I concede your point, I hadn't thought about silver, and looking at the sire, that looks like a silver boy to me. Bumblebee wins! :D
Millwood
Visit My Farm

Post by Millwood »

Concolor wrote: Since Pearl is a recessive gene, it's entirely possible that the sire and dam are Prlprl -- one copy of Pearl has no phenotypical effect on the horse. prlprl can and does put a light red (aka, Apricot) mane and tail on an ee horse (also light red coat and pale skin).
Yes but on a palomino/pally dun it would show as double dilute, prl can't hide on a cream gene horse

The other horse looks silver to me too
timiep23
Visit My Farm

Post by timiep23 »

I really like the color of your horse! It's very mellow and gentle. But what do you think, if you make a colored horse. For example "the cognac" (code is #9A463D). Here is the color link https://create.vista.com/colors/color-names/cognac/ . Or is this a bad idea? See if there are other colors on the site and tell me which one is better.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 am

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:11 am