The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horse colours: Names and pictures

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Zalarisa
Visit My Farm

Re: Horse colours: Names and pictures

Post by Zalarisa »

I noticed that your Dropbox examples of Mealy Bay are very hard to see the Mealy on... so if you want here is another horse for your photos.

❀oak♘ Dusty Rusty

Also, I noticed that I have a mealy palomino??

❀oak♘ Sand
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

Zalarisa wrote:I noticed that your Dropbox examples of Mealy Bay are very hard to see the Mealy on... so if you want here is another horse for your photos.

❀oak♘ Dusty Rusty

Also, I noticed that I have a mealy palomino??

❀oak♘ Sand
Thank you but unfortunately I will not use the photos of other people's horses. I have added a note in the first post in blue text where I explain why. I am actively working on the guide and will add more pictures eventually. I am keeping a list of images that I need where more visible mealy pattern is included.
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

Totina wrote: I enjoy hearing about other players learning the basics of horse colour genetics by using my guide. That is the reason I started this project, to help people decide what genes their horses are carrying and to compare their horses with images.

Unfortunately I don't use pictures from other players' horses (unless they have saved images of their horses as both newborn and adult without equipment on their computers). The reason I don't want to use the pictures saved inside the game (in the gallery tab of all horses) is because they are so small compared to the full-sized versions you get from right-clicking on the horses' generated images and save it on your computer.
These galleries are also very dependent on your browser, where bugs in the rendering process get saved to the gallery as well. Some browsers are missing certain effects (like the muscles-layer in trained horses) and/or add strange features like black "clouds" or false colours.

I am continuously working on adding more images to this guide and when I only use pictures from the horses I breed myself I can keep track of exactly what genes they are carrying to make sure the guide is accurate.
Oh alright! I didn't know different browsers could carry rendering bugs, but you learn something new every day lol. I'm really thankful for this guide, excellent work! ;)
Zalarisa
Visit My Farm

Post by Zalarisa »

Ok then. (I didn't know about the browser bugs or the way of saving pictures!) Keep up the hard work, and thank you for your very detailed explanations!
If you're interested & if I breed another foal who I think will turn the same colour & I don't want it I can sell it to you before I age it. :)
Totina
Visit My Farm

Post by Totina »

UnpredictableDragon wrote: Oh alright! I didn't know different browsers could carry rendering bugs, but you learn something new every day lol. I'm really thankful for this guide, excellent work! ;)
I found this out by having two different browsers for my two accounts. I use my main browser (chrome) for my main account and another browser for my second account, which allows me to stay logged in on both by just using two browsers at the same time. The other browser does not render the muscle-layer on trained horses at all though, which makes any saved images in the horse's galleries bugged as well. I have seen other more severe bugs in some horses owned by other players with buggy browsers. The horses can look completely different in their galleries than what I see when looking at the horse from my own computer/browser.
Zalarisa wrote:Ok then. (I didn't know about the browser bugs or the way of saving pictures!) Keep up the hard work, and thank you for your very detailed explanations!
If you're interested & if I breed another foal who I think will turn the same colour & I don't want it I can sell it to you before I age it. :)
I would very much appreciate that! Mealy has not been top priority lately since I have been working on pearls and tiger eye-experiments but I would gladly buy any foal that you don't need if they look like they can be useful to this guide.

To both of you:
If you're curious about what pictures might be added next you can look in my pastures for Fillies and Colts. A lot of them have notes where I for example have written Pic1 (with any number after Pic). This means I have saved their foal picture and as they grow up, if they turn out to be what I'm looking for, their images will be saved to the dropbox and possibly this guide (if their coat colour is still missing from this guide).

I am also breeding for certain coat colours and pregnant mares dedicated for this are kept in the pasture named "Breeding 6 - Color, New Breeds", with notes declaring what kind of foal/coat colour I am trying to get.
Some of my adult horses might have two references to saved images like "Pic1 Pic1a". This means I still need to test their genetic setup by breeding them and see exactly what genes they carry.
Often I have made a short note after with a question mark to remind myself of what exactly I want to test before I save/use their pictures, but this also makes it visible to everyone else and if you know how to "decipher" my notes you will be able to follow/observe my progress.
Zalarisa
Visit My Farm

Post by Zalarisa »

(I had some difficulty getting this message to work how I wanted it to, so I apologize if there are 3 messages [one of which would be " "])

* peeks at farm * Wow, you are even more thorough than I suspected!

Regarding the browsers: that's amazing (and surprising)! I'm glad you discovered such a strange property so that we can have the most accurate pictures!
Totina wrote:I would very much appreciate that! Mealy has not been top priority lately since I have been working on pearls and tiger eye-experiments but I would gladly buy any foal that you don't need if they look like they can be useful to this guide.
I'll let you know if such a foal arises.
Let me know if there are any other colours / properties that I can help out with (especially ones I already have somewhere on my farm) and I'll try to (re)create it (between life/time and random luck, there are no guarantees I'll succeed ).
UnpredictableDragon
Visit My Farm

Post by UnpredictableDragon »

Totina wrote: I found this out by having two different browsers for my two accounts. I use my main browser (chrome) for my main account and another browser for my second account, which allows me to stay logged in on both by just using two browsers at the same time. The other browser does not render the muscle-layer on trained horses at all though, which makes any saved images in the horse's galleries bugged as well. I have seen other more severe bugs in some horses owned by other players with buggy browsers. The horses can look completely different in their galleries than what I see when looking at the horse from my own computer/browser.

To both of you:
If you're curious about what pictures might be added next you can look in my pastures for Fillies and Colts. A lot of them have notes where I for example have written Pic1 (with any number after Pic). This means I have saved their foal picture and as they grow up, if they turn out to be what I'm looking for, their images will be saved to the dropbox and possibly this guide (if their coat colour is still missing from this guide).

I am also breeding for certain coat colours and pregnant mares dedicated for this are kept in the pasture named "Breeding 6 - Color, New Breeds", with notes declaring what kind of foal/coat colour I am trying to get.
Some of my adult horses might have two references to saved images like "Pic1 Pic1a". This means I still need to test their genetic setup by breeding them and see exactly what genes they carry.
Often I have made a short note after with a question mark to remind myself of what exactly I want to test before I save/use their pictures, but this also makes it visible to everyone else and if you know how to "decipher" my notes you will be able to follow/observe my progress.
Oh wow. You're farm is what I strive to be some day lol. But really, it's very beautiful. I admire your system of
organization greatly. Truly amazing.
Shady Maple Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Shady Maple Stables »

Aela
Visit My Farm

Post by Aela »

WhiteBrookHorseRanch wrote:http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1487058 What Colour is my horse???
He's Palomino Roan :)
Realistic Breed Project
Pssst, take a look below!

Aegidienberger Project, 2015 - 2018
Shady Maple Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Shady Maple Stables »

thx
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 am