Community Forum

Is this a Glitch horse?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
.TheHorseWhisperer.
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this a Glitch horse?

Post by .TheHorseWhisperer. »

Silverine wrote:
Honeybunny#2 wrote:
Just to clarify the way the glitches work:

They are caused by the introduction of To into the game. Something about the way To is handled in the AC can cause the body color to be incorrect. The mane is the usual tell on glitch horses - if it doesn't match the body something is wrong. The tail may also be incorrect at times. (There is also the possibility of adopting a horse whose mane appears as though it matches the body color, but ends up being a different color. Like a bay turning into a black or a brown.) If you adopt a horse with a short mane and tail that grow out you can expect the body color to change when the mane and tail grow. If the mane and tail are done growing the horse will not change to its correct color until it reaches 10-years-old.

Because the glitch is caused by To, the paint markings on a glitch horse will always change. Some horses will lose markings altogether. Some may only have minor changes. But they will always be different. The mane will give you an idea of what kinds of markings the horse will have on its head/neck once it gets its correct coat. In this case the horse has a mostly solid mane with one small white streak. This tells us that most of the horse's head and neck will be white, with a small patch of white touching the top of the neck just above the withers.

The only real way to know what color a glitch horse is under its glitch is to wait until it's 10-years-old, though we can make a few assumptions. For example, if the mane is black the horse will (most likely) be black-based - so bay, brown, or black. If the mane is red you can assume chestnut. If it's white you can assume palomino. If it's silver or cream or an oddly diluted color you can expect the horse to have some dilutions going on. But further than that it's impossible to tell until the correct coat comes in.
I've seemed to notice two sorts of glitches, the one we are talking about where the horse turns into his true color at ten years old, and also the one where the horse is one coat when you pick him up (four years) and by the first turn he has already turned into a different color, and then by ten years he is back to his original color. Very strange.
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: Is this a Glitch horse?

Post by Silverine »

.TheHorseWhisperer. wrote: I've seemed to notice two sorts of glitches, the one we are talking about where the horse turns into his true color at ten years old, and also the one where the horse is one coat when you pick him up (four years) and by the first turn he has already turned into a different color, and then by ten years he is back to his original color. Very strange.
I've seen that as well, though it seems to be less common. In some cases that particular glitch is related your browser's cache and clearing it will set things right, though there are rare times when that does not fix it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 pm