The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Not quite sure about these two

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Parsnip
Visit My Farm

Not quite sure about these two

Post by Parsnip »

I've got two stallions who I'm not completely sure about the colours of.
Diamond

Silver black, I think, but there's something else going on. Any idea what?
Snow Prince

I think his base colour is silver dapple black, he's definitely got champagne, but I'm not sure about what cream and/or pearl genes he's got.
Thanks in advance
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Not quite sure about these two

Post by BlackOak2 »

Parsnip wrote:I've got two stallions who I'm not completely sure about the colours of.
Silver black, I think, but there's something else going on. Any idea what?
I think his base colour is silver dapple black, he's definitely got champagne, but I'm not sure about what cream and/or pearl genes he's got.
Thanks in advance
Silver black, yes. Tiger eye. There may be dun there, down from the dam, but I'm not really seeing any indicators of it. So what we're mostly seeing is the varnishing from the leopard.

Snow Prince does appear to be another silver on black, in this case with dapples, and yes the champagne. Possibly dun as well (I see distinctive striping on the legs now he's older). And also tiger eye. I'm also pretty sure he's a roan as well, down from the dam. But I'm thinking single cream, not double. Champagne from sire, cream from dam.

But... dilutions are not my strong suit. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:01 am