Community Forum

Just need to be sure about this

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Re: Just need to be sure about this

Post by Veterinarian »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Veterinarian wrote: Didn't know that ^^ thanks for the info :lol:
These dilution-based coats, Silverine still tops me for identification. :lol: It's more experience and working directly with the coat colors, though I breed some of these up, I'm not focusing on the coat colors, so my experience in this area is still a bit lacking.

As for dun, that's a lot easier for me to tackle. Light Phoenix does have leg bars there, they're negative image of what we regularly see, so I'm suspecting he will be a varnish-only horse, no snowflakes, just the Lp varnish.
However, Isda I don't see much indication of dun at all, so I would suspect first that she does NOT carry it. Though we do have cryptic dun like many other genes on here, so she could have it, just be hiding it.
Golden Tea does have a very faint dorsal stripe and what appears to be leg bars in his yearling picture. So Phoenix's light bar leggings are directly related to his father's. You can also see (rather, I can) on his yearling picture a dun body mask, visible mostly by the sudden darkening of his chest area. Though this sudden darkening can just be caused by the base color expression, it can also an indication of dun; a kind of fence-line shift (does it? doesn't it? Chest darkens considerably, so it does).
Thanks for letting me know ^^
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Veterinarian wrote:I am getting really confused with theses colours :

Alright, so let's begin with ℳℐ Golden Tea (the first one).
Dam
ℳℐ Light Phoenix
All of those horses look like gold cream to me. I'll see if I can find some of my own gold creams and see if they match in appearance to yours. Then again, I've just read Silverine's comment and I'm inclined to agree with them - I don't work with LP and I rarely get classic champagne or silver.

Here's a gold cream, for interests sake. I had actually forgotten that they were this pale and thought they looked more like your horses! :lol:

Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Elaina Brewster wrote:
So, these guys have prominent speckling on their muzzles

So, they have either just champagne (if cream was present there would be lighter freckles) or Double Pearl with Champagne, I'd have to go back in the pedigree more, but I suspect Silver is is involved[/quote]
This is what double pearl+champagne looks like:

Chestnut base w/ tiger eye:

Brown base w/ tiger eye, grey and dun (I'm inclined to believe this one to be double pearl but he could be cream pearl)
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2549110

Cream+pearl+champagne

Chestnut base w/ tiger eye and grey (which is why I use the foal photo - a grey's colour as a foal is what it's colour as an adult would be were it not grey (sooty, some dun marking and metallic don't show up on foal coats, though)
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2541891

Brown base w/ tiger eye

Unfortunately, I don't have double pearl+champagne in other base colours, yet. I'm also unlikely to get a cream-pearl in other base colours as I hate cream and actively try to breed it out (I actually succeeded and then I had to reintroduce it.)
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm

Post by Veterinarian »

Malakai10 wrote:
Veterinarian wrote:I am getting really confused with theses colours :

Alright, so let's begin with ℳℐ Golden Tea (the first one).
Dam
ℳℐ Light Phoenix
All of those horses look like gold cream to me. I'll see if I can find some of my own gold creams and see if they match in appearance to yours. Then again, I've just read Silverine's comment and I'm inclined to agree with them - I don't work with LP and I rarely get classic champagne or silver.

Here's a gold cream, for interests sake. I had actually forgotten that they were this pale and thought they looked more like your horses! :lol:

Hopefully we can get a definite answer as to what their colours are >-<
They are giving me so much trouble lol
Elaina Brewster
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Elaina Brewster »

Veterinarian wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: All of those horses look like gold cream to me. I'll see if I can find some of my own gold creams and see if they match in appearance to yours. Then again, I've just read Silverine's comment and I'm inclined to agree with them - I don't work with LP and I rarely get classic champagne or silver.

Hopefully we can get a definite answer as to what their colours are >-<
They are giving me so much trouble lol
They are Classic Champagnes with Silver (and of course dun and Lp on the ones Silverine and BlackOak identified)

The yellowish color of their coats, I'm not sure if this is due to perhaps double silver or it is just a variation (I have had multiple horses with this color).

Remember there is two shades with the silver on black, the black silver then the goldish Black Silver.

Black Silver

Black Silver

It is fairly easy to rule out chestnut, as the foals mane/tail will be brilliant white, not the ruddy color of silver on black.

Here is one of my double pearl champagne on chestnut

Apricot Champagne
Mooreland Farms, Inc.
Where the Best, Keeps Getting Better!
Main Account
Proud Host of: HWO's Triple Crown/Tiara
Farm Log, Training, Sales/Silent Auctions
Breeder of: Walkaloosas & Sugarbush Drafts
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:50 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:50 am