The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

AC Horse Help?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
6snowy
Visit My Farm

AC Horse Help?

Post by 6snowy »

Vahn

I recently picked up this pretty boy from the AC, and beyond roan tobiano I'm a bit stumped on the color. If I had to make a guess, maybe sooty buckskin roan? Is sooty making his back end look almost blue roan?

Mjoll

This girl on the other hand... no clue. I just know she's roan tobiano as well but am completely unsure about the other genes.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Silverine
Visit My Farm

Re: AC Horse Help?

Post by Silverine »

6snowy wrote:
You are correct on the first horse. Buckskin Roan with tobiano and sooty. So bay + 1xcream + roan + tobiano + sooty.

The second horse is Silver Brown Cream Roan. Brown + 2xcream + silver + roan + tobiano.
6snowy
Visit My Farm

Re: AC Horse Help?

Post by 6snowy »

Silverine wrote:
6snowy wrote:
You are correct on the first horse. Buckskin Roan with tobiano and sooty. So bay + 1xcream + roan + tobiano + sooty.

The second horse is Silver Brown Cream Roan. Brown + 2xcream + silver + roan + tobiano.
Thank you so much!! I have one question about alleges if that's alright... when it comes to codes that I could put into a breeding calculator, would these be acceptable? I put * for the things I don't think we can know are heterozygous or homozygous without breeding.

Sooty Buckskin Roan Tobiano:
Code for Buckskin - (E/* A/* CR/N)
Code for Tobiano - (TO/*)
Code for Sooty - (STY/*)
Final - (E/* A/* CR/N)(TO/*)(STY/*)

Silver Brown Cream Roan:
Code for Silver - (Z/*)
Code for Brown Cream(?) - (At/* Cr/Cr)
Code for Roan - (Rn/*)
Code for Tobiano - (TO/*)
Final - (Z/*)(At/* Cr/Cr)(Rn/*)(TO/*)
Become a Patron!