Community Forum

How did my foal end up wtih that much white?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
AHorseandPonyLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: How did my foal end up wtih that much white?

Post by AHorseandPonyLover »

Sunpath wrote:
AHorseandPonyLover wrote: The Foal always have chance to look like her/his Great Grand Parents, not only parents.
I don't think you seem to be very knowledgable about how actual real life genetics work, which is what this game is coded after. Thanks anyway. :)
I have a base on Horse Colors. Im not advanced yet. I just wanted to help. Also, why do you ask if you know the Horses Coats well?
Last edited by AHorseandPonyLover on Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~♕♞Tℋℰ♘♕

"If you look into the eyes of a Horse, you won't just see a Horse, you will see life, love and determination."

~Proud Breeder Of ALL Horses/Breeds~
Sunpath
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

AHorseandPonyLover wrote:
Sunpath wrote:
I don't think you seem to be very knowledgable about how actual real life genetics work, which is what this game is coded after. Thanks anyway. :)
I have a base on Horse Colors. Im not advanced yet. I just wanted to help. Also, why do you ask if you know the Horses Coats well?
I ask because I don't know how the genes play in this actual situation, but I do know that "they can look like their grandparents" isn't it. Like I said, thank you anyway for your time, it was very kind of you but I will await answers from others :)
Sunpath Acres brand: - Ṩᴬ -
Second account: SunpathAcres
AHorseandPonyLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Sunpath wrote:
I think these peoples know,
Veterinarian wrote:Look At First Post
Malakai20 wrote:Look At First Post
Malakai10 wrote:Look At First Post
Last edited by AHorseandPonyLover on Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~♕♞Tℋℰ♘♕

"If you look into the eyes of a Horse, you won't just see a Horse, you will see life, love and determination."

PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Sunpath wrote:...
If you look at the horse's dam's sire, you'll find some white. That's probably where the horse got the white was from the grandsire.
AHorseandPonyLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

PeacefulOreo wrote:
If you look at the horse's dam's sire, you'll find some white. That's probably where the horse got the white was from the grandsire.
That's what i tought.
~♕♞Tℋℰ♘♕

Sunpath
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunpath »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Yes, and there's white generations back on the sire's side too, but what I am wondering is what genes this is? Is the dam a case of extremely minimal tobiano or is this another kind of white pattern?
Sunpath Acres brand: - Ṩᴬ -
Second account: SunpathAcres
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Sunpath wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:
Yes, and there's white generations back on the sire's side too, but what I am wondering is what genes this is? Is the dam a case of extremely minimal tobiano or is this another kind of white pattern?
That I do not know much about other than sometimes the white pattern can skip a generation or skip several generations
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Sunpath wrote:
That I do not know much about other than sometimes the white pattern can skip a generation or skip several generations
Perhaps tobiano activation gene (To) isn't expressed when there are no pattern genes inherited? So, perhaps one parent has the pattern genes and no activation switch and the other has no patterns genes but has the activation switch.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

AHorseandPonyLover wrote:
Sunpath wrote:
Also, the Foals color can be come from Great Grand Parents too. Like this Foal,

Her dam and sire isn't Brown but her sire's Great Grand Parents have the Brown gene, so the Foal can be look like her Grand/Great Grand Parents.
That foal is a tiger eye chestnut near leopard tobiano, geneotype: e/e t/t Lp/lp PATN1/- To/-

Dam: palomino near leopard, genotype: e/e T/t Lp/lp PATN1/-

Sire: palomino leopard tobiano: e/e Cr/cr T/t Lp/lp PATN1/- To/-

Maternal granddam: palomino leopard tobiano: e/e Cr/cr Lp/lp PATN1/- To/-

Maternal grandsire: tiger eye cremello near leopard: e/e Cr/Cr t/t Lp/lp PATN1/-

Paternal granddam: tiger eye palomino fewspot tobiano: e/e Cr/cr t/t Lp/Lp PATN1/- To/-

Paternal grandsire: tiger eye metallic palomino pearl (as far as I can tell) tobiano: e/e Cr/prl t/t M/- To/-

The only genes that can 'skip' generations are recessive genes (like pearl or tiger eye) or otherwise genes that require multiple genes to be expressed, like spotted patterns or sooty dapple.

This is what brown looks like:

You can brush up on horse colours here.
AHorseandPonyLover
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Malakai10 wrote:
So, color genes from grandparents can affect on the Foal's color, right?

Also i know what is a Brown (It's the easiest Horse Coat Color to learn). i just wanted to give example, like her color is more darker than her parents.
~♕♞Tℋℰ♘♕

Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 4:51 pm

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:51 pm