Community Forum

Perlino Dun Pangare?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Caramelapple3
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Perlino Dun Pangare?

Post by Caramelapple3 »

The horse in question

I snagged this stally from the market because of his coat. He seems a perlino dun, but I'm also thinking he might have pangare because of his usually light muzzle and belly. There is this horse in his pedigree on his sire's side that seems to have pangare, but I'm not so sure: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2442131
His sire is perlino and his dam is red dun.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Perlino Dun Pangare?

Post by BlackOak2 »

Caramelapple3 wrote: I snagged this stally from the market because of his coat. He seems a perlino dun, but I'm also thinking he might have pangare because of his usually light muzzle and belly. There is this horse in his pedigree on his sire's side that seems to have pangare, but I'm not so sure: https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2442131
His sire is perlino and his dam is red dun.
This horse appears to be a silver smoky brown pearl. One cream gene paired with one pearl gene, and silver on a brown base (that's the discoloration you see on his stomach and nose). The chestnut dame can't be a cream color, otherwise she'd be palomino, but since this horse is Most Definitely a double dilute and that he looks like a double cream, that only leaves a hidden pearl option. Plus... the silver has hid on the dames side, down (most likely) from this ancestor:

There still could be a gentle expression of pangare on him, but paired with the dilutes already apparent, you might only be able to confirm it through a foal. I don't see any real indication of it, but pangare, like some other genes, can be quite cryptic. I don't see any pangare on the dame, and the sire it could be a cryptic, already with the double dilute, but I don't see any real signs there either.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 am

It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:32 am