Community Forum

Color Questions

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Red Cheetah
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Color Questions

Post by Red Cheetah »

What color is this horse:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2198727 ?

Could I use him to breed a silver black pearl dapple horse and, if so, what color horse do I need to breed him to?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Color Questions

Post by BlackOak2 »

Red Cheetah wrote:What color is this horse:

Could I use him to breed a silver black pearl dapple horse and, if so, what color horse do I need to breed him to?
This is a long pedigree of double and what appears to be triple dilutes. Plus also a good deal of inbreeding (though in this case, that will only guarantee of duplicating the same genes). At the MOST, this horse is a cream and pearl. I am of the belief, however, after looking through the pedigree images, that your horse is a double cream. That being said, your horse is indeed a silver dapple. So you have the silver on the black base correct. However, you have a set of creams rather than a set of pearls.
So in order to use this stallion to get a double pearl on a silver dapple, you'll need to find (best case scenario) a double pearl mare on a black base. Then breed the resulting full-siblings (colt and filly) to each other and cross your fingers until you pop a double pearl... understanding there is still the possibility that a red-base could still pop (I don't know if your horse is E/e or E/E).
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Red Cheetah
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Color Questions

Post by Red Cheetah »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Red Cheetah wrote:What color is this horse:

This is a long pedigree of double and what appears to be triple dilutes. Plus also a good deal of inbreeding (though in this case, that will only guarantee of duplicating the same genes). At the MOST, this horse is a cream and pearl. I am of the belief, however, after looking through the pedigree images, that your horse is a double cream. That being said, your horse is indeed a silver dapple. So you have the silver on the black base correct. However, you have a set of creams rather than a set of pearls.
So in order to use this stallion to get a double pearl on a silver dapple, you'll need to find (best case scenario) a double pearl mare on a black base. Then breed the resulting full-siblings (colt and filly) to each other and cross your fingers until you pop a double pearl... understanding there is still the possibility that a red-base could still pop (I don't know if your horse is E/e or E/E).
Thank you :)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 5:21 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:21 pm