Community Forum

Almost white, creamy color?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Storm Eventing
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Almost white, creamy color?

Post by Storm Eventing »

I'm pretty sure I've asked this question before but I don't really know what color my Belgians are..
Many of them look like this:

Or have light dapples, like this:

They have the champagne freckles on their muzzle but other than that I've absolutely no clue what color they are.
lemoncypress
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Almost white, creamy color?

Post by lemoncypress »

Storm Eventing wrote:I'm pretty sure I've asked this question before but I don't really know what color my Belgians are..

They have the champagne freckles on their muzzle but other than that I've absolutely no clue what color they are.
i tink they are Pseudo White and the dapples are Pseudo White w/ dapples i could be wrong

BlackOak2 wrote:........
you know more about thins mabey you can help
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Almost white, creamy color?

Post by BlackOak2 »

lemoncypress wrote:
Storm Eventing wrote:I'm pretty sure I've asked this question before but I don't really know what color my Belgians are..
i tink they are Pseudo White and the dapples are Pseudo White w/ dapples i could be wrong

BlackOak2 wrote:........
you know more about thins mabey you can help
lemoncypress is correct, both of these are pseudo-whites. Which most often and generally refers to triple dilutes. Champagne with some combination of cream or also pearl. The dapples indicate silver is also included. Regardless of the fact that they have dark eyes, I believe these are both double creams. Sometimes when paired with the champagne gene, double creams will not, in fact, retain blue eyes. It's very rare, but does happen. I do not know if it's a glitch that it happens or coded that way.

Yogurt is the dappled boy so that does mean on a black base (sooties would darken the coat, so that's not the case here).
Icicle, on the other hand, has snowflakes visible just above her elbow in her 4 year old picture. And because she's a slightly creamier toward the yellow spectrum, I suspect she's red based instead.

:mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 3:33 pm

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:33 pm