Community Forum

Palomino?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Graya
Visit My Farm

Palomino?

Post by Graya »

I thought this guy was Palomino, but I've had a few others that I'm sure are palomino that are MUCH darker than him, Is this some kind of double cream or cream pearl combo? Or just a really really light shade? Or is there some Dun influence going on? As far as I know, there is no Pearl in my lines, but there are plenty of creams and cryptic duns.

Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm

Re: Palomino?

Post by Sunriver Stables »

Graya wrote:I thought this guy was Palomino, but I've had a few others that I'm sure are palomino that are MUCH darker than him, Is this some kind of double cream or cream pearl combo? Or just a really really light shade? Or is there some Dun influence going on? As far as I know, there is no Pearl in my lines, but there are plenty of creams and cryptic duns.

I'm not sure about the close details, and genes, but s/he looks kind like Cremello with 2 front stockings to me :D ....
Thank You!
"A dog may be a man's bestfriend, but the horse wrote history" ~ Unknown

Silverine
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

Heartland_Stables wrote:
Graya wrote:I thought this guy was Palomino, but I've had a few others that I'm sure are palomino that are MUCH darker than him, Is this some kind of double cream or cream pearl combo? Or just a really really light shade? Or is there some Dun influence going on? As far as I know, there is no Pearl in my lines, but there are plenty of creams and cryptic duns.

I'm not sure about the close details, and genes, but s/he looks kind like Cremello with 2 front stockings to me :D ....
Heartland_Stables is correct, the horse in question is cremello. That's a chestnut base with two cream genes. He also has tiger eye and sooty darkening his lower legs now that he's older. The sire is a smoky black silver with tiger eye (black + 1 cream + silver + 2x tiger eye; we can see the 1 cream in his eye color - tiger eye turns the eyes bright blue on single cream horses - and how his foal coat is kind of gray instead of more red). The dam is smoky brown silver with tiger eye (brown + 1 cream + silver + 2x tiger eye). The dam's cream, while showing in her tiger eye color, is also evident in how her warm patches are more yellow than red.
Last edited by Silverine on Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h0rsey
Location: Anywhere the wind blows (doesn't really matter to meeeeee)
Visit My Farm

Post by h0rsey »

Heartland_Stables wrote:

Yes, he is cremello
Graya
Visit My Farm

Post by Graya »

Heartland_Stables wrote:..
Silverine wrote:..
h0rsey wrote:..
Thank you!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:57 pm