Community Forum

What color is my arab horse?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Niahuya
Visit My Farm

What color is my arab horse?

Post by Niahuya »

help me please :roll:
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

Re: What color is my arab horse?

Post by shadowheart2006 »

Niahuya wrote:Image
The main body coloration is called Buckskin, the white spotted part on the hindquarters is called a Blanket (or some variation thereof, see below). A blanket, combined with the little white spots (called snowflakes or birdcatcher spots) on the shoulder, means that your horse has some form of the Leopard Gene (he has 1 copy of said gene) and this means that as he gets older he will likely varnish (look at the pictures of this horse from birth to what he looks like now for an example of varnish). The slightly lighter coloration on his fetlocks show that he has dun. Another indicator of dun is "tiger stripes" on the legs and/or back. Finally, tigereye is a gene that causes the eyes of the horse to appear green-colored.

Some people would have different names for the blanket according to how much of the horse it covers, but I would just call your horse Varnishing Buckskin Dun Blanket w/ Snowflakes and Tigereye.

I hope this helps! If you need anything else just ping or PM me :D
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
Niahuya
Visit My Farm

Post by Niahuya »

shadowheart2006 wrote:
Niahuya wrote:Image
The main body coloration is called Buckskin, the white spotted part on the hindquarters is called a Blanket (or some variation thereof, see below). A blanket, combined with the little white spots (called snowflakes or birdcatcher spots) on the shoulder, means that your horse has some form of the Leopard Gene (he has 1 copy of said gene) and this means that as he gets older he will likely varnish (look at the pictures of this horse from birth to what he looks like now for an example of varnish). The slightly lighter coloration on his fetlocks show that he has dun. Another indicator of dun is "tiger stripes" on the legs and/or back. Finally, tigereye is a gene that causes the eyes of the horse to appear green-colored.

Some people would have different names for the blanket according to how much of the horse it covers, but I would just call your horse Varnishing Buckskin Dun Blanket w/ Snowflakes and Tigereye.

Woaaahh!! Thank you so much for your answer~!!
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm

Post by shadowheart2006 »

Niahuya wrote:
shadowheart2006 wrote:

Woaaahh!! Thank you so much for your answer~!!
Of course :D
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 1:27 pm

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:27 pm