Community Forum

What color?

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Ivy Stables
Visit My Farm
Location: My imagination (Acctualy 1/2 of the year, Yorkshire England, and the other half Maryland, USA
Visit My Farm

What color?

Post by Ivy Stables »

Hi, what color are these twins (And yes, they are different horses)?

_TBLegacy_
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: What color?

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

Ivy Stables wrote:Hi, what color are these twins (And yes, they are different horses)?

he horse is a Gold Champagne, so it is Champagne on a Chestnut :D
Ivy Stables
Visit My Farm
Location: My imagination (Acctualy 1/2 of the year, Yorkshire England, and the other half Maryland, USA
Visit My Farm

Post by Ivy Stables »

_TBLegacy_ wrote:he horse is a Gold Champagne, so it is Champagne on a Chestnut :D
Thanks! I keep getting Champagnes (Gold and classic), do you know if I'll ever get another color if I keep inbreeding, or do I have to find some random stallion to stud to?
_TBLegacy_
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by _TBLegacy_ »

Ivy Stables wrote:
_TBLegacy_ wrote:he horse is a Gold Champagne, so it is Champagne on a Chestnut :D
Thanks! I keep getting Champagnes (Gold and classic), do you know if I'll ever get another color if I keep inbreeding, or do I have to find some random stallion to stud to?
You wount get another color as far as I know, but I think that finding a stud would help you get other colors :D
Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Ivy Stables wrote:Thanks! I keep getting Champagnes (Gold and classic), do you know if I'll ever get another color if I keep inbreeding, or do I have to find some random stallion to stud to?
If you get gold and classic champagnes that means that you have extension gene in your herd - chestnut (e/e) is recessive and black (E/e or E/E) is dominant. Champagne (Ch/ch or Ch/Ch) is also dominant. You can potentially get chestnuts and blacks and possibly (wild) bays/browns (agouti (bay, wild bay and brown) only shows up on a black coat so there is a possibility one of your chestnuts could be carrying agouti. There are recessive genes that your horses could be carrying but the likeliness of that depends on how far back those genes were confirmed.

I recommend keeping COI under 60% in any case. Is there a specific colour you're looking for?
Ivy Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Ivy Stables »

Malakai10 wrote:
Ivy Stables wrote:Thanks! I keep getting Champagnes (Gold and classic), do you know if I'll ever get another color if I keep inbreeding, or do I have to find some random stallion to stud to?
If you get gold and classic champagnes that means that you have extension gene in your herd - chestnut (e/e) is recessive and black (E/e or E/E) is dominant. Champagne (Ch/ch or Ch/Ch) is also dominant. You can potentially get chestnuts and blacks and possibly (wild) bays/browns (agouti (bay, wild bay and brown) only shows up on a black coat so there is a possibility one of your chestnuts could be carrying agouti. There are recessive genes that your horses could be carrying but the likeliness of that depends on how far back those genes were confirmed.

I recommend keeping COI under 60% in any case. Is there a specific colour you're looking for?
Jut the classic grey, bay, chestnut, and black
Royal Sport Horses
Proud breeder of high-quality Irish Sport Horses

Malakai10
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai10 »

Ivy Stables wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: If you get gold and classic champagnes that means that you have extension gene in your herd - chestnut (e/e) is recessive and black (E/e or E/E) is dominant. Champagne (Ch/ch or Ch/Ch) is also dominant. You can potentially get chestnuts and blacks and possibly (wild) bays/browns (agouti (bay, wild bay and brown) only shows up on a black coat so there is a possibility one of your chestnuts could be carrying agouti. There are recessive genes that your horses could be carrying but the likeliness of that depends on how far back those genes were confirmed.

Jut the classic grey, bay, chestnut, and black
Then you will need to introduce grey and probably bay. I would also recommend introducing chestnut and black because there is a possibility of your herd being homozygous or mostly homozygous champagne - which will make non-champane very unlikely to impossible to obtain without adding outside blood.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 09, 2024 1:52 pm

It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:52 pm