Community Forum

What colour

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Coda
Visit My Farm

What colour

Post by Coda »

KingstonDressage
Visit My Farm

Re: What colour

Post by KingstonDressage »

1. Palomino Tobiano
2. Grey Tobiano (ish)
3. Palomino Tobiano
4. Dark Dun Tobiano
5. ???
Coda
Visit My Farm

Post by Coda »

KingstonDressage wrote:
1. Palomino Tobiano
2. Grey Tobiano (ish)
3. Palomino Tobiano
4. Dark Dun Tobiano
5. ???
Thank you, now I just need to find out what my colt is
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

First is unusual. There's a darkening of those lower legs, but obviously not a buckskin. For now, I'm agreeing with KingstonDressage. It does appear to be a palomino, probably with sooty.

Second appears to be a sable cream, not a gray.

Third is a buckskin (same cream, different base) and also with Lp.

Forth is a smoky cream (two creams on a black base).

Last appears to be a smoky cream champagne (triple dilute, pseudo-white), but with so much To covering the body, it's getting much more difficult to pin down these colors.

Very nice! With over 90% of the body a To-white (Tobiano white), personally, I'd start calling them pseudo-whites of the To variety. It's not an easy task to get them to this point and beyond. Congrats. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Coda
Visit My Farm

Post by Coda »

BlackOak2 wrote:
First is unusual. There's a darkening of those lower legs, but obviously not a buckskin. For now, I'm agreeing with KingstonDressage. It does appear to be a palomino, probably with sooty.

Last appears to be a smoky cream champagne (triple dilute, pseudo-white), but with so much To covering the body, it's getting much more difficult to pin down these colors.

Very nice! With over 90% of the body a To-white (Tobiano white), personally, I'd start calling them pseudo-whites of the To variety. It's not an easy task to get them to this point and beyond. Congrats. :mrgreen:
Thank you so much I'm trying to breed to get to 100% to-white with my mustangs. Its hard trying to figure out what colour my horses are( mainly the mustangs)
That colt is the best of what i got so far
These are my first try in getting them so theses are my main breeders
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/163729
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/141031
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Coda wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

Thank you so much I'm trying to breed to get to 100% to-white with my mustangs. Its hard trying to figure out what colour my horses are( mainly the mustangs)
That colt is the best of what i got so far
These are my first try in getting them so theses are my main breeders
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/163729
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/141031
For this project, selective inbreeding will aid you in your outcome. Remember that once established, COI can be lowered a number of ways.
Of them, the line-breeding option and the frozen brood, frozen stud option is the most likely candidates for helping to maintain the white-To look while dealing with COI.

Those two pastures look gorgeous. :D You may need some fresh genes if you feel that some areas of color are getting a bit 'sticky'. Also, if you try to keep the base colors (brown, bay, wild bay, chestnut and black) without modifiers such as cream (that will give you buckskin and palomino), it will help to highlight the areas of color much better (to help breed them out). Although at the stage you're at, that might be more of a hassle to correct then just ignoring it. :D
Once white-To is accomplished... or color solely on the head, it'll become impractical to try to name the base color anymore (that's even if it's possible).

There are a couple, a small handful of To breeders out there, so if you get stuck or have some questions, there may be more in-depth answers available, then what I might be able to supply. :mrgreen: But, I think you probably already know that. ;)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:19 pm