Community Forum

Pink Horse??

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
Soleil
Visit My Farm

Pink Horse??

Post by Soleil »

So, as some may know, I have been attempting to learn more about identifying colors seen on horses. I've been scrolling through the market, collecting a few horses, then trying to identify their color. I wasn't planning on buying any horses this day, but I found a peculiar little boi with the most stunning color...

And he looked, quite literally, like a pink horse. Here he is. Of course I had to buy him, that coloration would look stunning once trained up.

Do pink horses even exist?? And if not, what color is he actually? I was thinking some sort of pangare.
...Breeding high quality equines and training future champions since 2022.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Pink Horse??

Post by BlackOak2 »

Soleil wrote:So, as some may know, I have been attempting to learn more about identifying colors seen on horses. I've been scrolling through the market, collecting a few horses, then trying to identify their color. I wasn't planning on buying any horses this day, but I found a peculiar little boi with the most stunning color...

And he looked, quite literally, like a pink horse. Here he is. Of course I had to buy him, that coloration would look stunning once trained up.

Do pink horses even exist?? And if not, what color is he actually? I was thinking some sort of pangare.
:)
Pink horses don't actually exist. But we do have some color-combinations that give us a pink color that on HWO we do, in fact, call Pink.

And you have one of them. :D

Usually, the most direct way to get a pink horse is a combination of the dun gene and the pangare gene on a red horse. It doesn't look like your horse has dun, but there may be a dun without stripes. So, dun is questionable. I don't see any real signs on either parent, so I'm thinking dun is likely not present.

Very pretty. :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Soleil
Visit My Farm

Post by Soleil »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Soleil wrote:So, as some may know, I have been attempting to learn more about identifying colors seen on horses. I've been scrolling through the market, collecting a few horses, then trying to identify their color. I wasn't planning on buying any horses this day, but I found a peculiar little boi with the most stunning color...

:)
Pink horses don't actually exist. But we do have some color-combinations that give us a pink color that on HWO we do, in fact, call Pink.

And you have one of them. :D

Usually, the most direct way to get a pink horse is a combination of the dun gene and the pangare gene on a red horse. It doesn't look like your horse has dun, but there may be a dun without stripes. So, dun is questionable. I don't see any real signs on either parent, so I'm thinking dun is likely not present.

Very pretty. :mrgreen:
Wonderful! Thank you for this :)
Coda
Visit My Farm

Post by Coda »

WOW he is so pretty
I would love a foal from him if you ever have one for sale or have him up for stud
Soleil
Visit My Farm

Post by Soleil »

Coda wrote:

WOW he is so pretty
I would love a foal from him if you ever have one for sale or have him up for stud
Yes, of course!

I know, I want to train him some day because that pretty boi looks definitely unique! If I ever sell/stud him you'll be the first to know :)
Coda
Visit My Farm

Post by Coda »

Soleil wrote:
Coda wrote: WOW he is so pretty
Yes, of course!

I know, I want to train him some day because that pretty boi looks definitely unique! If I ever sell/stud him you'll be the first to know :)
YAY thank you so much
Alyssa Davis
Visit My Farm

Post by Alyssa Davis »

I would love to train him for you... for the very selfish reason of seeing what he looks like.
"There's some good in this world, Mister Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." - Samwise Gamgee
horsegirl008~2
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008~2 »

I know next to nothing about horse coloring on HorseWorld, but I just wanted to say that this is the coolest color ever on a horse!!!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 10:51 am

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:51 am