Community Forum

Is she black??

Forum rules
You can link to a horse using our new custom BBCode:
[horse=1234]Horses Name[/horse]
This will display the most recent photo of the horse as well as a link to him.
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Is she black??

Post by horsegirl008 »

I'm not sure if this girl is black or a shade of gray :| (I hope she's black :lol: )

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Is she black??

Post by BlackOak2 »

horsegirl008 wrote:I'm not sure if this girl is black or a shade of gray :| (I hope she's black :lol: )

She appears to have an adult coat. This is an indicator of the gray gene. She'll start graying with eye-goggles at about 6 months.

Her base coat appears to be a grulla.

It will be difficult to get a non-gray from these parents, but not impossible. 25% chance of a non-gray, 50% of single-carrier grays and 25% chance of double carrier grays.

She is one of the last two, either a single or a double gray. She may always throw grays.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote:I'm not sure if this girl is black or a shade of gray :| (I hope she's black :lol: )

She appears to have an adult coat. This is an indicator of the gray gene. She'll start graying with eye-goggles at about 6 months.

It will be difficult to get a non-gray from these parents, but not impossible. 25% chance of a non-gray, 50% of single-carrier grays and 25% chance of double carrier grays.

She is one of the last two, either a single or a double gray. She may always throw grays.
Makes sense :lol: Thanks!
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

BlackOak2 wrote:

I see what you mean - she's getting her goggles now :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

horsegirl008 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

I see what you mean - she's getting her goggles now :lol:
Yup!

Once you get used to the gray gene, it's easy to tell if yes or if no. :)
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
horsegirl008
Visit My Farm

Post by horsegirl008 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
horsegirl008 wrote: I see what you mean - she's getting her goggles now :lol:
Yup!

Once you get used to the gray gene, it's easy to tell if yes or if no. :)
:)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 pm