Community Forum

$ℱ~ Doing the Never Before: Heavy American Saddlebreds

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

$ℱ~ Doing the Never Before: Heavy American Saddlebreds

Post by Sawd10 »

Sawd10's Farm ($ℱ~) Presents:
The Heavy American Saddlebred.
Inspired by Retsi.

Other Farm Logs:
$ℱ~
$ℱ~ Doing the Never Before: (English) Württemburgers
$ℱ~ Doing the Never Before: Creating the Racing St. Lawrence

Other Post Links:
Hall of Fame

About

Project founded 2021, April.
Horse World Online player Retsi originally took this specific breed to new heights. On the contrary, I took the
Württemburger to new heights in the English disciplines. We both ended up giving each other a quality horse from our lines (they had gave me an American Saddlebred, I had given them a Württemburger) and allowed each other to breed the horse if they wished.
We both decided we would, but instead of breeding them for the same discipline that the other had originally bred them for, we decided to do quite the opposite. Because Retsi had made their American Saddlebreds for Racing disciplines I decided to create mine for Log Pulling and Marathon Driving, with the occasional Obstacle Driver. These were started with their lines, so in return, I owe them one that pulls 66 feet or so, or scores 20 points in Marathon Driving. Retsi decided they would breed the Württemburgers into racers, and thus owes me one that runs under 2:00.
Do not ask me for anything of this sort. I do not ever give out any of my private lines, though this was a friendly exception because I trust this player fully.

Requirements
This will be updated as this project comes along. Because this project is so green, I am not able to set the normal high standards.

• 60k HGP
• 60+ Strength/Strength
• 40+ Stamina
• 18-20+ Tempo/Tempo
• 20+ Movement
• Pony-type
• Convex/Roman face profile (Stamina)
• Long face (Stamina)
• Short neck (Strength)
• Deep Rib Cage (Stamina)
• Sloped hip angle (Strength)
• Long hip length (Strength)
• Thick legs (Strength)
• Shorter back length (Strength)
• Uphill Croup (Strength)

Current Place of Project:
Scroll to the most recent date for the newest information on my current place in the project. These are only very brief run-downs, you can always ask for an in-depth discussion in a reply on this topic. You can also look at a few of the select linked horses in the recent below posts.

April 20th, 2021 - Mixes, starting to get green Strength on colts, none on fillies yet. 57-60s in Strength, 40-50s in Stamina. Gold Stamina most of the time, and reeling to low (62k or so) 60s of HGP. I get Pony-type, Heavy foals and Very Heavy foals, but most all of the ones worth keeping seem to be Pony-type, Medium Heavy.

June 5th, 2021 - I took a long break. I am just now coming back to these. Getting 64+ Strength most of the time, not a lot of gold Strength, green Strength is steady, though. They are in the low 60s HGP-wise, Medium Heavy, Heavy, and Very Heavy foals. I have started getting some offspring from Marathon Driving Record Holder $ℱ~ Boxer. They are still mixed.

June 15th(?), 2021 - The gold Strength is steady now. Especially with the colts. The fillies have green "bull" comments, and I have gotten a good amount of gold Strength fillies. The HGP is always 62k HGP+ with both genders, and I am only getting Very Heavies. Occasionally I will get a Heavy, but they are generally too inadequate. The temperament the foals are born with are most Bombproof or Even-tempered. They are doing very well in Log Pull (64+ feet), Marathon Driving (21 points and under), and Obstacle Driving (55+).

June 23rd, 2021 - I have started the extensive journey back to pure-breds. After generations I am in the 60% range (usually 66%) with 57k HGP+. The highest HGP foal I have gotten so far (at time of posting) is 61k. Gold and green Stamina, no highlighted Strength yet. I have gotten a "power legs" comment, though. The build still needs work. I was getting Horse-type, Mediums, but now I am getting Pony-type, Mediums and heavier, which is a good jump forwards. The Strength confo went from 34-39 and is now in the higher 40s. I have gotten a few in the 50s range, as well. Stamina is in the 40s-50s range as always.
Last edited by Sawd10 on Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 10 times in total.
A wise man once said nothing at all.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: $ℱ~ Heavy American Saddlebreds

Post by Sawd10 »

Held.
Last edited by Sawd10 on Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Hall of Fame:
This can be Record Holders, great competitors, milestones, or anything I find worthy. Not dedicated to one subject. In the future what is put in this Hall of Fame may change.

$ℱ~ Boxer

• Named after Boxer from George Orwell's book Animal Farm, this stallion broke the level 2 Marathon Driving World Record. Unfortunately his record is 21.1, and his best score is 20.7. His best score (20.7) is just as good as the L9 Record and better than levels 4, 3, and his new L2. Although he did not break L3 and L4 (he is not eligible for L4 and under), I at least know that he was better than them and would have, if he was eligible.
Quote in Owner's Comments "I will work harder!" spoken by Boxer from the book Animal Farm by George Orwell.

[horse=][/horse]

[horse=][/horse]
Last edited by Sawd10 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

- New Record Holder -
Hall of Fame has been updated.

$ℱ~ Boxer

• Named after Boxer from George Orwell's book Animal Farm, this stallion broke the level 2 Marathon Driving World Record. Unfortunately his record is 21.1, and his best score is 20.7. His best score (20.7) is just as good as the L9 Record and better than levels 4, 3, and his new L2. Although he did not break L3 and L4 (he is not eligible for L4 and under), I at least know that he was better than them and would have, if he was eligible.
Quote in Owner's Comments "I will work harder!" spoken by Boxer from the book Animal Farm by George Orwell.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

- New Record Holder Incoming -

• Scored 20.8 in Marathon Driving at Bombproof on the second day. He may get a better score if he is Even-tempered, which is what I am going for. With this one and my other Record Holder, they both are scoring well at Bombproof so I may have to do a test and see if they do better at Bombproof or Even-tempered. (the general temperament for Marathon Driving is Even-tempered.) He has only been entered in a few competitions levels 1-4 at Bombproof. After those are judged I will try it at Even-tempered and see if he is more efficient or not.
Aside from this, I am hoping he breaks a few records since he has good scores. Even if he does not he will likely still be put in the Hall of Fame since his scores are record level.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

- First Green Strength Female -

• The first green Strength filly I have gotten in my project. She also has no snowcap which is what I desire, but unfortunately does have snowflakes. Her overall stats and build are also desirable. She is definitely a keeper. I am hoping I can get her to produce my first gold Strength when paired with a "your stallion/colt is strong as a bull".
Sawd10 2
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 2 »

Topic bump.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Place of Project & Topic Update
The "Stock List" is no longer, and the spot is saved for future use. There is no more "Watchlist", as I have decided to instead show the new prospects in a new post here.

My apologies for not updating the farm log. I have updated the first post with the newest update on the place of my project.

I have started the extensive journey back to pure-breds. After generations I am in the 60% range (usually 66%) with 57k HGP+. The highest HGP foal I have gotten so far (at time of posting) is 61k. Gold and green Stamina, no highlighted Strength yet. I have gotten a "power legs" comment, though. The build still needs work. I was getting Horse-type, Mediums, but now I am getting Pony-type, Mediums and heavier, which is a good jump forwards. The Strength confo went from 34-39 and is now in the higher 40s. I have gotten a few in the 50s range, as well. Stamina is in the 40s-50s range as always.
The outcome is looking decent so far. It is never fun getting your project back to pures. For those unaware, I am taking the long way back to 100% by staying and improving the stats and build I lost, instead of going straight forward and later fixing the stats and build. Once these are pure they will definitely be eye-catching, so that is something to look forward to.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 8:13 pm

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:13 pm