Community Forum

Range Trials

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Rainge
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Range Trials

Post by Rainge »

Hello everyone! This is h0rsey on my side account, which will be dedicated to this experiment to find the best conditions and total range in each discipline. Here I will be tracking my progress.

Range explained + chart

I have two groups, Experiment 1 and Experiment 2. All horses apart of Experiment 1 are already trained and will only have their weight and temp changed. All horses in Experiment 2 will start as untrained and all of their conditions will change (weight, temp, and training).

The spreadsheet contains each discipline, although some horses will not be tested in all disciplines. There will be 45 trials - meaning 45 combinations of weight and temps, and 90 for experiment 2. On the top, there is a link to the horse's profile, and on the very bottom of the sheet you can change horses (in alphabetical order). Disciplines highlighted in pink/magenta are disciplines that can have multiple entries, and disciplines highlighted in blue are single entry.

For this experiment, I will be using force-pointing in multiple entry disciplines to make the process faster - I normally disagree with this method but am using it just to make it faster (if I don't it would take MONTHS just to finish 1 trial). But if you don't have a good reason and are just force-pointing to champ your horse and keep its wps high, I highly recommend against it because it is an unfair way to champ.

Experiment 1 spread sheet
Experiment 2 spread sheet
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 10, 2024 5:59 pm

It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:59 pm