Community Forum

August Farms, once again

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

August Farms, once again

Post by Stormchase Stables »

Wow, It's been over a year since I last logged in :shock:
I don't really remember how all this works anymore so bear with me please but I rediscovered this game through an old friend. I recognize a few names but it's almost like being a new player again.
Before I say anything else - I wanted to apologize for any past behavior that may have offended any of you. I don't remember if I said or did anything out of line, but I was pretty annoying last year and better be safe than sorry, right?
I want to come back as a completely unproblematic horse game player :lol:

I'm pretty sure I still have a few okay Thoroughbred and Belgian horses around my farm so I'll rebuild my lines from there..
[horse=][/horse] <- how do I do this again..
Nevermind just gonna link them, oops.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1584163 this filly is pretty good, even if I do say so myself. And her name isn't as terrible as my other horses.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1628428 Matrix TB? Sure.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1626227 I can work with this!

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1159315 I remember this little guy! I don't know what I'll do with him but he's cute so he won't get the boot.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1547614 God, the commentary kills me. I don't think I knew what my first TB looked like.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1139001 Fast but he's not a TB :cry:

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1527099 He's not special but he's shiny and I like his coloring so.. yeah.

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1115213 Now who let me use google translate??

https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1148414 This horse has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm currently breeding but I'm linking her anyway because I wanted to express how much I cringed at the name. I don't think my 14 year old self knew what the song was actually about.. Note to self, don't name your horses after songs.

I'll continue this later as I have to write a lab report about Hooke's Law. :oops:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: August Farms, once again

Post by BlackOak2 »

Stormchase Stables wrote:..:
:mrgreen:
Welcome back!
You'll find the links in my signature helpful (for both returnees and newbies alike). :D

Some things to jog your memory:
-->Grinders are bread & butter for money earnings in locals (including days and PT).
-->Any horse can become the foundation for a top-bloodline with appropriate and careful breeding practices.
-->A mixed or grade can become a purebred if bred toward that breed (with only a couple exceptions, like a 50/50 mix to the same 50/50 mix, you'll only get the same 50/50 mix offspring).
-->Our community is quite forgiving (especially after time to recuperate), so whatever you might've done can be forgotten if old habits don't resurrect themselves. :mrgreen:
-->And finally, public trainers are still in high demand and hard to come by. Basic pricing still starts at about 25k but goes up (considerably) from there. Be aware of newbie's that want to train and newbie trainers. Nothing wrong with them, just consider time allowances and ability to train appropriately. Otherwise known as: understanding what you're willing to potentially loose before or as you get into it.

The community will be around if you need any assistance! :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Oh, the horse code works like this:

Code: Select all

[horse=horse id number]name can go here, doesn't have to, it can be blank[/horse]
Horse id number is at the end of the address bar.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1584163

Code: Select all

[horse=1584163][/horse]

BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Storm Eventing
Visit My Farm

Post by Storm Eventing »

BlackOak2 wrote:..
Happy to be back ^-^
And I can't thank you enough for teaching me how to link my horses. That was driving me nuts - but at least I've figured out how to quote people again :mrgreen:
Definitely took a look at those links, there were some things I didn't know while I was still playing, especially all things related to color and genetics. I spent this morning carefully absorbing every word of a color guide like a sponge :lol:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Storm Eventing wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:..
Happy to be back ^-^
And I can't thank you enough for teaching me how to link my horses. That was driving me nuts - but at least I've figured out how to quote people again :mrgreen:
Definitely took a look at those links, there were some things I didn't know while I was still playing, especially all things related to color and genetics. I spent this morning carefully absorbing every word of a color guide like a sponge :lol:
:o :lol:
Heavy Reading! :mrgreen:
Hope you're not suffering from a headache after that! But it IS interesting, isn't it! 8-)

Remember, if you're in the 'full edit and preview' section of replies or posting topics, if you hover over the buttons (for quote, list, img, etc) it'll give you a hint of how to use it.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote: Heavy Reading! :mrgreen:
Veeerry heavy reading, especially before AP psychology class.. :oops:
Ended up forgetting most of it the moment the teacher asked us to take out our textbooks.
However,
finally

Technological progress!
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

August Farms announcement:
Logo change!
So, I realized my horse signature/brand *SS* also stands for a certain German WW2 organization.. Uh, oops. I didn't know and I am changing it immediately. I am absolutely not a neo-* and although I am half German myself I had no idea what "SS" meant and didn't mean to use it in THAT way. I used it because it is the first two initials of my username.
Well, what a way to end the day, right?
All of my new foals will now have :S: instead of *SS*!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Stormchase Stables wrote:August Farms announcement:
Logo change!
So, I realized my horse signature/brand *SS* also stands for a certain German WW2 organization.. Uh, oops. I didn't know and I am changing it immediately. I am absolutely not a neo-* and although I am half German myself I had no idea what "SS" meant and didn't mean to use it in THAT way. I used it because it is the first two initials of my username.
Don't be too overly sensitive to such things. If it wasn't obvious that SS stood for Stormchase Stables... then people might have had a problem. But it was... Decently... Obvious... that such a thing did stand for Stormchase Stables.

But it is your brand and changing it will be entirely of your own discretion. Keep in mind that even the Reich's original symbol, the one we all immediately recognize as 'Hitler' was stolen from a far older symbol, if memory serves, that one originally meant something that was roughly translated as 'Peace'.

It would be nice to have the meaning revert to that and come to the conclusion that such a sign was in fact stolen and used in poor fashion. That timeframe in the world's history needs to be healed as well. :mrgreen:

Your filly came out nice. :D

Looks like she might end up coming out her dame's color. Double cream on bay with tiger eye. Have to see about that dun. And of course, the silver too.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Stormchase Stables
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:
Stormchase Stables wrote:August Farms announcement:
Logo change!
Don't be too overly sensitive to such things. If it wasn't obvious that SS stood for Stormchase Stables... then people might have had a problem. But it was... Decently... Obvious... that such a thing did stand for Stormchase Stables.

But it is your brand and changing it will be entirely of your own discretion. Keep in mind that even the Reich's original symbol, the one we all immediately recognize as 'Hitler' was stolen from a far older symbol, if memory serves, that one originally meant something that was roughly translated as 'Peace'.

It would be nice to have the meaning revert to that and come to the conclusion that such a sign was in fact stolen and used in poor fashion. That timeframe in the world's history needs to be healed as well. :mrgreen:

Looks like she might end up coming out her dame's color. Double cream on bay with tiger eye. Have to see about that dun. And of course, the silver too.
I know most people would assume that SS stood for "Stormchase Stables", but a few days ago someone emailed me (I have a HWO email up on my profile) and said that I was "supporting *" and such things, probably a troll but I needed a fresh start anyway :) I've never had to deal with anyone who automatically assumed it stood for the Schutzstaffel and not the initials of my username, but there's a first time for everything..
As for the swastika - wasn't it a Sanskrit word/symbol? I guess everything really is borrowed :shock:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Stormchase Stables wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

I know most people would assume that SS stood for "Stormchase Stables", but a few days ago someone emailed me (I have a HWO email up on my profile) and said that I was "supporting *" and such things, probably a troll but I needed a fresh start anyway :) I've never had to deal with anyone who automatically assumed it stood for the Schutzstaffel and not the initials of my username, but there's a first time for everything..
As for the swastika - wasn't it a Sanskrit word/symbol? I guess everything really is borrowed :shock:
Best to never respond to such things. They're looking for attention. Pot stirrers the lot of them. But changing it can be a way to avoid such things as well.

I'm sure you blocked the email it came from, right? :D And there is such a thing as phishing as well. There's a lot of ways you can get the email user in trouble, even through your email service provider. :twisted:

It might've been sanskrit, I don't remember. I do remember, I think, that it did originate from the african, sub-saharan, lower ... arabic?... areas.

I actually find it funny when people pull... 'borrow' things that they think represents them appropriately and some of the rest of us see it, know a bit more of it's history, hear what it's supposed to be representing for the new 'club' and we're like, 'that means or describes exactly what you're opposed to.' :lol:

No imagination! :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm