Community Forum

Black Oak Farms

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farms

Post by BlackOak2 »

shadowheart2006 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
pc's you can use two different browsers, or just use the 'stealth' or 'private' browsing options. In the latter case, you can use the same browser and access two separate accounts on the same pc.

It does take forever to mass-enter comps... The point and click option is handy, but still tedious. I'm hoping that when the competition system revamp comes through, that admin also tackles that as well. Don't know how or where much improvement can happen... but I'm hoping that they find it.

Ooo! Maybe a 'highlight these comps' the click the box options and then the clicker for 'enter all highlighted competitions'! THAT would be nice! Of course, that would probably only make sense to work with just having the one horse entry page at a time. But that's more than worth it! Well, it's a step in the better and faster direction.

:o That IS a perlino! :D Imagine that! With dun and pangare too. So you have a psuedo-white through a double dilute paired with pangare and dun. And look at those leg-stripes! They're reversed. :P

She's a nice looker, and working toward a nice base too. That back will need to be shortened for optimum structure, but all in all, :P you know what you're doing. :mrgreen:
I know, I was really happy with the stripes especially, they're so interesting! That's kind of the reason that I went to Prezwalski's is because the idea of a racer with lots of dunning and pangare really appealed to me. I think that's a great idea for comps, it would come in so useful!
:mrgreen: That's why I went for tarpans for the Lp gene. Their bay with prominent, primitive dun stripes really is eye catching too. But no pangare, wanted to stay away from that particular gene. Did you know... that the stripes from dun will also show up in the Lp spots? Large spots can be seen with a line running through them, IF just in the right spot, with the right style of really sharp dun stripings. :twisted:

Of course, I don't think I have any right now as good, quality examples...
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by shadowheart2006 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
shadowheart2006 wrote:
I know, I was really happy with the stripes especially, they're so interesting! That's kind of the reason that I went to Prezwalski's is because the idea of a racer with lots of dunning and pangare really appealed to me. I think that's a great idea for comps, it would come in so useful!
:mrgreen: That's why I went for tarpans for the Lp gene. Their bay with prominent, primitive dun stripes really is eye catching too. But no pangare, wanted to stay away from that particular gene. Did you know... that the stripes from dun will also show up in the Lp spots? Large spots can be seen with a line running through them, IF just in the right spot, with the right style of really sharp dun stripings. :twisted:

Of course, I don't think I have any right now as good, quality examples...
I didn't know that, it's so cool!
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

shadowheart2006 wrote:...
I have the two mares I want to cross to your stud, but I'm too tight on space and can't even take your stud to breed to the mares, let alone breed them! :lol:

I'm waiting for about 10 of my horses (at least) to age out. But you know how that is.

Anyway, thought you'd like to see my two chosen for this cross.

ፕጌ✨ Oracle's Penchant

ፕጌ✨ Carnage

I'll give you a ping when I finally have more room.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
shadowheart2006
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by shadowheart2006 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
I have the two mares I want to cross to your stud, but I'm too tight on space and can't even take your stud to breed to the mares, let alone breed them! :lol:

I'm waiting for about 10 of my horses (at least) to age out. But you know how that is.

Anyway, thought you'd like to see my two chosen for this cross.

ፕጌ✨ Oracle's Penchant

ፕጌ✨ Carnage

I'll give you a ping when I finally have more room.
Sounds like a plan :D
The price of a memory is the memory of the sorrow it brings.
If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/16784 - 9 count
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/52733 - 10 count
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/52730 - 2 count
https://www.horseworldonline.net/farm/pasture/43768 - 3 count

They're all up. When we finished transferring this batch, we can do your stud when you're ready. Both of my mares are currently empty and awaiting the coverage. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

_Americanaa_ wrote:...
Horse in board at Oaken Fields Farm, awaiting pickup.
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2736521
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Cutiequeen4 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Our admins were kind enough to code the game in such a way that we never need to spend real money on it.

Sadly, I'm not in a position that I can financially support the game, myself, so I'm one that's known as a Grinding Player... which just means I grind for all of my PT in locals, leveling up and quests.
So if you're the type that also can't financially support the game, you don't need to worry about 'having to spend' in order to get enough PT to upgrade.

Get yourself a horse, a grinder, and start spamming the local shows. Eventually, you'll have earned enough to upgrade. The store has the upgrading charges on the PT (Upgrade Benefits).
For one month it does cost 500PT.
If you choose to go this route, I suggest, when you have enough PT for one month, empty your account, line up a number of grinders, THEN upgrade and grind toward the next levels... because...

You get a PT price break at 6 months. Instead of costing you 3000PT, it only costs 2500PT... a savings of 500PT. It's also a bit easier to grind for 2500PT in six months, then it is to grind every month for those 500PT... although many of us still do. :mrgreen:

It might take you two months or three months to get to that 2500PT price break, but it's more than possible.
In the meantime, as you're grinding through that 1 month PT upgrade, many of us will take up temporary training and speed train a bunch of horses (including replacement grinders).

So, no, you do not have to spend even a single penny on this game at all. Just grind for your PT. :mrgreen:
What is a grinder and how do you do it?
A grinder is just what it sounds like. It Grinds through for your bread and butter monies (with a side dish of PT and days :) ) in local shows.

A grinder is generally defined as any horse used as such, however general expectations for a grinder also request that they be somewhere above the HGP 50k mark (I'm fine with grinders from 45k and above, but not everybody figures out a way to work with the 45k to 50k grinders). They should have no reds and only limited averages in their report. It also helps if the horse has very strong (competition specific) or very high conformation scores.
Other than that, even the AC arabians can function as grinders if you use them in the local shows in endurance. :D

You can make the grinder work harder for you by getting it trained, but it doesn't need to be. You only need to find the right local competition that the horse can earn mostly firsts in the highest level that is. In-Hand is quite readily achievable for most horses and is a good fall-back if the horse can't seem to pull first in the other local shows.

As a reminder, locals are NOT player-made competitions. You will find the local shows in the horse's profile tab under 'Local Shows'.

Your account [Cutiequeen4] is still under a month old, so there are a lot of players that would be willing to give you your first grinder for free.
I don't currently have any available, or I'd just send one right over, myself. :lol:

Does that make sense?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

ⓌⒸⒷⓉⓈ wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:
Are you requesting boarding from me or Dawniscool?
you :)
I don't board. I make exceptions for players from time to time, if they don't have room and need to take turns and a horse needs to be picked up by an owner.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Sunriver Stables
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sunriver Stables »

BlackOak2 wrote:
ⓌⒸⒷⓉⓈ wrote: you :)
I don't board. I make exceptions for players from time to time, if they don't have room and need to take turns and a horse needs to be picked up by an owner.
ok :) thats fine :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

BlueRiverSky wrote:...
It appears admin has stepped in and deleted the topics entirely. It's been taken care of. :)
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Sun May 12, 2024 2:46 am

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:46 am