Community Forum

Black Oak Farms

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Black Oak Farms

Post by BlackOak2 »

freeze Mackenie02 wrote:I have a question how doyou let people know that your selling your horses on a forum or do you just not??
You can choose to post a horse for sale in the Horses For Sale forum. But you don't need to.

The guide: Creating Sale & Stud Ads Help
Can help you figure out how to offer more insight into a sale horse that might otherwise be overlooked.

If you decide that it's appropriate, Go to the Horses For Sale forum and just under the heading 'Horses For Sale' should be a button that reads: "New Topic"
By clicking on this button, it takes you to the Full Editor & Preview page so that you can design your new topic.
Don't forget to give it an appropriate heading to help draw the eye, for instance, if it's a purebred arabian (of the over-many that exist) but it has a gorgeous coat that isn't so common, a topic heading along the lines of 'Uncommon Color Pure Arabian' might be more appropriate then something like 'Arabian For Sale'.
And never underestimate pedigree. Some of the top sires and dames and even down from certain breeders can also be pretty eye catching.

As for bringing additional notice to a topic you already wrote that is NOT getting any apparent attention, you can try 'bumping' it (which means just posting it to the top again), by replying to your own topic. Our community is smaller than other communities though, so a topic that has been written within the last 24 hours just hasn't yet reached everybody that might be interested. Give it about a day before 'bumping' it for further notice.
Or, perhaps it's just not eye-catching enough. See if there's a way to update the heading or make it more noticeable. After you change the heading (by editing your primary post), then give it a bump and see if anything changes.

Did I cover it all? :mrgreen:
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Freeze Mackenzie02
Visit My Farm

Post by Freeze Mackenzie02 »

yes thanks I will try that with my forum hopefully it'll work thanks for the feed back 'I always wondered why people put "bump" in their forum chats'
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

freeze Mackenie02 wrote:yes thanks I will try that with my forum hopefully it'll work thanks for the feed back 'I always wondered why people put "bump" in their forum chats'
Yup! That's the reason. :mrgreen:
There's also another way to bump a topic, but the topic must be over a certain age... or... back a number of posts... or ... something. I haven't yet figured out when the ability pops up. Anyway, the auto-way to bump a topic is in the little wrench drop-down menu that appears; it's alongside the post reply button, the 'search this topic' fill-field, then the wrench is next. Wow... sorry grammar teacher...
Anyway, in that wrench drop-down menu, you can subscribe and bookmark along with some other options. The 'bump' option will also appear there. By choosing that, it will bump the topic automatically one time, then also give you an error (or at least it gives me an error), but it'll work anyway. :|

If that's a bit advanced, just use the reply 'bump' way. :D
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Freeze Mackenzie02
Visit My Farm

Post by Freeze Mackenzie02 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
freeze Mackenie02 wrote:yes thanks I will try that with my forum hopefully it'll work thanks for the feed back 'I always wondered why people put "bump" in their forum chats'
There's also another way to bump a topic, but the topic must be over a certain age... or... back a number of posts... or ... something. I haven't yet figured out when the ability pops up. Anyway, the auto-way to bump a topic is in the little wrench drop-down menu that appears; it's alongside the post reply button, the 'search this topic' fill-field, then the wrench is next. Wow... sorry grammar teacher...
Anyway, in that wrench drop-down menu, you can subscribe and bookmark along with some other options. The 'bump' option will also appear there. By choosing that, it will bump the topic automatically one time, then also give you an error (or at least it gives me an error), but it'll work anyway. :|

hello sorry to bother again but how do you post pics on the forum chat box on the forum???
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

freeze Mackenie02 wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:

hello sorry to bother again but how do you post pics on the forum chat box on the forum???
Images and horse photos are handled two separate ways on our forums.
Use the following code when you want to put an image into the forums:

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
In this manner:

[img]https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.3ZsWOMRbSj3xqjQOARqykAHaFg&w=152&h=106&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2[/img]
So that it will look like this:
*Note: random image utilized from fast internet search

Your key to using the image code is to look for an 'img' in the picture address... not all of them will have it, but a lot of images that can be used in this manner, do. The one I used... does not. :|

So the other way to use images, namely our horse gallery images on the forums, is to use the following code:

[horse=][/horse]
In this manner:

[horse=2358115][/horse]
So that it will look like this:

Your key to using this image code is to utilize the horse ID number. This horse ID number is found at the end of the address when you're looking at a horse's profile page. It's that long number at the end:
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2358115

A step by step can be found in the following link:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18675

Does that get you there? :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Horses Colin2
Visit My Farm

Post by Horses Colin2 »

BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

These are part of the club and club horses (including failure stock and cull foals) aren't open to public sale. I am only working on the club horses right now and am also not selling any of the club stock to non-club members.

There are club members that can and may sell or produce a foal like them for you. But I am not currently one of them.

You will need to visit the club sales forum and inquire there, or you could also petition to join the club. Requirements for joining are on the front of the main page. Among those requirements is that you have your own stock but that it Does NOT need to be leopard.

If you're accepted into the club, then you will be provided a club-bred & branded leopard Tb for free.

There's links to most of the club pages right on my farm page.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote:ping
Figured I'd contact you here rather than clogging up your inbox. :lol:

Thought you'd like to know that Medusa's colt seems like he's going to be stellar in Show Jumping (apart from doing well in Saddleseat). He also seems like he might do well at poles and barrels. Seems like he's following his grandsire's hoofprints.

Edit: I entered him in a bunch of barrel comps without realizing I'd let his weight get too high. Oops. :roll:
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Silverine wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:ping
Figured I'd contact you here rather than clogging up your inbox. :lol:

Thought you'd like to know that Medusa's colt seems like he's going to be stellar in Show Jumping (apart from doing well in Saddleseat). He also seems like he might do well at poles and barrels. Seems like he's following his grandsire's hoofprints.

Edit: I entered him in a bunch of barrel comps without realizing I'd let his weight get too high. Oops. :roll:
He is a gorgeous horse for more than just his coat. :lol: His uphill slope does make his light-weight body a bit odd to look at, but it's not a bad look. His hips and the muscle toning make it just the right combination, that although it's a bit odd, it still looks right.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Silverine
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Silverine »

BlackOak2 wrote: He is a gorgeous horse for more than just his coat. :lol: His uphill slope does make his light-weight body a bit odd to look at, but it's not a bad look. His hips and the muscle toning make it just the right combination, that although it's a bit odd, it still looks right.
I think it's mostly his long neck that looks kind-of "off". Kind of like a giraffe without the spots. He might look better if I ever age him enough to grow out his mane. :lol:
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 2:28 am

It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:28 am