Community Forum

Few Questions

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Gamzee
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Few Questions

Post by Gamzee »

1. What does GHP do? Is it how well horse can so in sports or?
2. Is higher GHP better?
3. Do trainers just train your horse? How do you become one?
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Few Questions

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Gamzee wrote:1. What does GHP do? Is it how well horse can so in sports or?
2. Is higher GHP better?
3. Do trainers just train your horse? How do you become one?
1. Horse genetic potential has nothing to do with competitions directly. BlackOak2 can explain it way better but the higher it is, the more likely the horse's foals are to inherit the characteristics.
2. Yes unless you're trying to complete the Crummy Foal quest
3. Yes trainers will train your horse. I'll link some training guides below for you to read up on

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6285
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27496
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25066
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24694 (You can use these tips once you've figured out your way of training horses and have a good routine of how you train)
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=21892 (This really doesn't have any training help necessarily but this will help you with weight and temperament as most players want their horses at a certain weight and temperament)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Few Questions

Post by BlackOak2 »

Some further insight.

1) HGP is the raw, hard number that is the actual genetic values and conformation values all added together. It's there to help guide us to breeding where we want to go.
2) Basically the higher the better, however, there are other factors that come into play. A 'Good On Paper' horse is one with high HGP, high scores (conformation scores, something you won't be able to see until you're upgraded, but that's not necessary to get to the top in this game) and good color and comments on the Breeder's Report.
But a horse can be considered a 'great horse' and a strongly competitive horse (that's also good for the breeding shed), even when the 'On Paper' values look a bit weak.

HGP is our guide, not the end-all of a horse.

There's a LOT more on these in my quicklinks, but some of it is HEAVY reading. You do not need to get into it until you feel you're ready. It also isn't necessary to 'win' in this game, but it can help you get there faster or get to where you want to go much more efficiently.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 12:49 am

It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:49 am