Community Forum

Account Number Rule/2 Accounts?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Malakai10
Visit My Farm

Re: Account Number Rule/2 Accounts?

Post by Malakai10 »

BlackOak2 wrote:
Malakai10 wrote: Thing is, I absolutely will end up sending money between the accounts. I don't think doing so would count as 'shady dealings' but, well, when something isn't outright stated, it's difficult for me to pick it up. I blame my autism, personally (although I wouldn't want to not be autistic. It does make some things... difficult.)
I think, though I certainly could be wrong about it, that the 'sending money between accounts' part is likely more related to opening an account then sending that first funds to the main account and closing the start-up account, then doing so multiple times. I've seen this happen on a LOT of other games.
Shuffling monies from one account to another that you own isn't against the rules on HWO. How else would we pay for the services of another of our accounts if we can't send money around?

If you definitely have a direct question about how something might be handled or looked at, send a PM to Tom or a help me request. Obviously, we don't have all the answers. So far, I haven't heard of any accounts being closed as long as we still play by the rules. Pay for the services of your accounts like you might any other account on HWO. In this way, you're not shuffling money or even sending money or even giving yourself a donation, you are, in fact, paying for that account's services for your other accounts.
Does that help in any way?
Okay, thanks. Yes, that does make sense. :)
Tjigra
Visit My Farm

Post by Tjigra »

I am kinda frustrated about that two account rule as well. I have two, one is for holding, the other for everything else - breeding, aging, training. As I am training a lot (almost always use all my time for training only, no Local shows at all), this takes a lot of time for every turn. As a result, I am slow in everything else - namely breeding. The time it takes me to get through a single game year, others have bred and retired several generations of horses, and this is very frustrating when I try to take up something that takes generations to get done - like getting dapples or facemarks into Arabians. So I've been dreaming about having a third account that I could use for breeding only - take quick turns, pop the mares, bring up foals, repeat with next generation, as fast as the day regeneration allows. The thing is, I'd definitely use that account for a separate function, not separate project, so as far as I understand, I'd be breaking the two account rule.
Besides transferring money, there are more ways to unfairly exploit another account - more time so that you can both train full-time and enter LS, another rider for the single-entry events, more public stud slots etc.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Tjigra wrote:I am kinda frustrated about that two account rule as well. I have two, one is for holding, the other for everything else - breeding, aging, training. As I am training a lot (almost always use all my time for training only, no Local shows at all), this takes a lot of time for every turn. As a result, I am slow in everything else - namely breeding. The time it takes me to get through a single game year, others have bred and retired several generations of horses, and this is very frustrating when I try to take up something that takes generations to get done - like getting dapples or facemarks into Arabians. So I've been dreaming about having a third account that I could use for breeding only - take quick turns, pop the mares, bring up foals, repeat with next generation, as fast as the day regeneration allows. The thing is, I'd definitely use that account for a separate function, not separate project, so as far as I understand, I'd be breaking the two account rule.
Besides transferring money, there are more ways to unfairly exploit another account - more time so that you can both train full-time and enter LS, another rider for the single-entry events, more public stud slots etc.
To me, it kind of sounds like you want a 'slave account' rather than another separate account. You'd be utilizing and paying that account for it's services. That's the way I always looked at it though.
Personally, I find it easier to restrict myself from having multiple accounts. It helps me keep my projects from getting too far out of hand.

If the two account rules quandary is still bothering you (I have both linked in my quicklinks for easier access for the community, so they don't get so easily lost), offer the question directly to our admins. The 'if this is... then does that mean...?'... 'but that is... so is it considered...?'

Sometimes it takes awhile for our heads to wrap around certain concepts. I'm one of them often enough, I need specifics and I confuse myself when I overthink things. Like my biggest example is the 'down two doors, on the left' quandary. Does this mean it's down two doors, you count two doors and it's the third one on that left? Or is it that second door? The benefits of language can also be as much of a hindrance as it can be helpful.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

If I were to freeze studs on a second account and transfer any stud fee profits from that to this account, would that be considered shuffling money and be cheating? Same with sale horses: would freezing sale horses on a second account and moving profits to this account once their sold be forbidden?

Additionally, this is my main account which has all of my training skills in it. If I were to freeze horses that I'm not currently training in a second account and swap between them as their training completes, would this be considered against the rules?

I just want to make sure of this before I do anything; I got a bit confused when trying to find information on this since I've read that shuffling money and horses might be cheating, but shuffling money also might not be cheating and from what I've read it seems like there's holding accounts which freeze horses as well as training accounts.
maggiebanks
Visit My Farm

Post by maggiebanks »

No. People do it all the time
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

EclipticEnd wrote:If I were to freeze studs on a second account and transfer any stud fee profits from that to this account, would that be considered shuffling money and be cheating? Same with sale horses: would freezing sale horses on a second account and moving profits to this account once their sold be forbidden?

Additionally, this is my main account which has all of my training skills in it. If I were to freeze horses that I'm not currently training in a second account and swap between them as their training completes, would this be considered against the rules?

I just want to make sure of this before I do anything; I got a bit confused when trying to find information on this since I've read that shuffling money and horses might be cheating, but shuffling money also might not be cheating and from what I've read it seems like there's holding accounts which freeze horses as well as training accounts.
The two account rule and cheating is aimed primarily at competition limits.
Perhaps this topic will clear up some things for you:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32285 (see specifically Tom's post).

As for accounts. Personally, I usually keep such things separate. I will 'pay' one account for services rendered. However, profits beyond the 'services rendered payment' are shuffled to the account that sent the horse out. And I give myself a discount. :lol: Obviously, beyond the fact that my services on one account are private for only my other account. That is how I work with my accounts. It helps to keep things fair between the accounts and also ensures that any one account doesn't suffer from a fund-deficit.

Does that help any?
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
EclipticEnd
Visit My Farm

Post by EclipticEnd »

BlackOak2 wrote:The two account rule and cheating is aimed primarily at competition limits.
Perhaps this topic will clear up some things for you:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32285 (see specifically Tom's post).

As for accounts. Personally, I usually keep such things separate. I will 'pay' one account for services rendered. However, profits beyond the 'services rendered payment' are shuffled to the account that sent the horse out. And I give myself a discount. :lol: Obviously, beyond the fact that my services on one account are private for only my other account. That is how I work with my accounts. It helps to keep things fair between the accounts and also ensures that any one account doesn't suffer from a fund-deficit.

Does that help any?
Yeah, that does. Thanks for the clarification!
Darkhorsemagic
Visit My Farm

Post by Darkhorsemagic »

If my sister wants an account, can I just make it with same email and we wont get banned?
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

Darkhorsemagic wrote:If my sister wants an account, can I just make it with same email and we wont get banned?
You can only use an email once, but that's just because of how the site works. You and your sister can both play without worry if you get another email address though.
RoseeDelight
Visit My Farm

Post by RoseeDelight »

Aussiebrumby wrote:That's great to know. I'm really new to this and my husband has been watching me get all excited about it with much amusement. He decided he would like to start an account as well. We were playing anther online horse game (which I won't mention) and they banned his account and suspended mine for 30 days quoting (multiple accounts). We too only have the 1 computer and after 5 months of playing, we were quite upset, even though I explained to the admins and showed that the accounts were male and female. Different emails, different, birth dates - but nope. They actually admonished me for complaining and said I was not to contact them regarding the matter again. Glad we found this game where we can each have an account and have some fun!
I would guess you're talking about howrse. I had the same problem with my younger siblings. My mom complained, and they refused to explain.
Reviewers who had been playing longer than me said that the company was sold and the new owners only cared about money. From what I've seen, anyone who doesn't pay on that game is accused of multi-accounting (I even heard from one person who only had one account and was the only person in her family who had an account.)
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:27 pm