The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Community Forum

The new layout is in beta testing and we're inviting you to help us try it out! Click here to read the announcement post for details.

Horses Basic Physique Heritability???

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
DarkAngelRising
Visit My Farm

Re: Horses Basic Physique Heritability???

Post by DarkAngelRising »

I agree with you there about the hip thing. I also did some more testing of Silver Dream in both competitions and local shows. So far only some of the results have come in because real time is inconvenient like that. Supplementing with results in local shows I think that at this point Silver would be the better choice if only because she has proven to at least not compete like a mini in a horse race :lol: Where as Ewel hasn't begun showing yet due to being in training.
That decision made and taking your more experienced opinion into account + my own assessment of how their bodies and showing tendencies(so far) match up I think that Shrouded Justice would go well with Silver also because she has a stronger build from her belgian bits. I think that they'd produce a fairly balanced foal that would excel in some driving and other lighter disciplines as well.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

DarkAngelRising wrote:I agree with you there about the hip thing. I also did some more testing of Silver Dream in both competitions and local shows. So far only some of the results have come in because real time is inconvenient like that. Supplementing with results in local shows I think that at this point Silver would be the better choice if only because she has proven to at least not compete like a mini in a horse race :lol: Where as Ewel hasn't begun showing yet due to being in training.
That decision made and taking your more experienced opinion into account + my own assessment of how their bodies and showing tendencies(so far) match up I think that Shrouded Justice would go well with Silver also because she has a stronger build from her belgian bits. I think that they'd produce a fairly balanced foal that would excel in some driving and other lighter disciplines as well.
If that's your final decision, then just let me know when you're ready and we're both online and we'll get that done. :D

If you look to the right (the profile there), if the person is 'currently online' it'll show a little banner there that they are.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
DarkAngelRising
Visit My Farm

BlackOak2 wrote:Ping
I'm on for a few hours now :D
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

DarkAngelRising wrote:
BlackOak2 wrote:Ping
I'm on for a few hours now :D
I just got online, I'm logging into chat now.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
DarkAngelRising
Visit My Farm

Here's the colt! Spitting image of his sire :mrgreen:
Dream Veil

Thanks so much!
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

DarkAngelRising wrote:Here's the colt! Spitting image of his sire :mrgreen:
Dream Veil

Thanks so much!
:o :shock:
Excellent Outcome!
You chose great! :D

He should do quite well for you, both in competitions and also the breeding shed.
Congratulations!

That bombproof temperament might be a little problematic for some competitions, IF it doesn't change, but there are a lot of competitions that it won't affect that much.

I am very happy he turned out as spectacularly as he did. :mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 am

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:55 am